Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Legion 24

A list this long is way too much. I haven't read LOSH in ages but I would pare things down to a core group of Cosmic,Saturn,LL, Phantom,Chameleon,Invisible,and maybe Colossal, Shrinking. Maybe in teams of 2 and 3 to start with anything else would be a mess.

1. Light Lass
    2. Shrinking Violet
    3. Timber Wolf
    4. Cosmic Boy
    5. Lightning Lad
    6. Saturn Girl
    7. Polar Boy
    8. Colossal Boy
    9. Chameleon Boy
    10. Chameleon Girl
    11. Shadow Lass
    12. Sensor Girl
    13. Dream Girl
    14. Star Boy
    15. Sun Boy
    16. Element Lad
    17. Brainiac 5
    18. Dawnstar
    19. Wildfire
    20. Blok
    21. White Witch
    22. Gates
    23. Kid Quantum
    24. XS
    25. Catspaw
    26. Computo
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

I'm not a really a Legion fan (just never read it but I plan to get around to it) so I don't know who should be on this list but from what I understand they are future heroes, right? So I think it would be interesting to see some of the immortal characters pop up. Maybe some of the Immortal Men, or my personal pick, make good on the Duke Thomas' set up and have him become Immortal. Have him (or them) join up with the Legionaries and be their link to the old heroes.

I like what some refer to as The Classics too. Right up and into Dave Cockrum's run. Maybe Mike Grell. I barely accept Wildfire, Timberwolf, Tyroc and Dawnstar. As newbies. I first picked up one in the barbershop in 1966. I was almost 6 and the big boys and girls with super powers amazed me. 1) Cosmic Boy was my favorite. Don't remember why. Maybe I liked the word "Cosmic." 2) Ultra Boy...cool costume and powers. 3)Superboy and 4)Supergirl. 5)Lightening Lad (my brother's favorite) and 6)Saturn Girl.

7) Jeckie for the girls. Until they made her a bit of a Kardashian. 8)Ferro Lad. 9)Shrinking Violet (underdog), 10) Element Lad ( in the 70s people thought he was the gay one, can't remember why, I was in an early Legionnaire group....we met Thursdays...mostly girls 1974? Early in my area anyway ) and 11) Sun Boy, 12) Shady and 13) Phantom Girl. 14) Mon-el, 15) Lightening Lass (or Light Lass) 16) Star Boy, 17) Dream Girl....the sexy one. 18) Timberwolf, 19) Tryoc, 20) Dawnstar, 21) Wildfire...I was bummed when he "died." Or shall we say...everyone thought he was dead and couldn't sense him.) 22) Original Invisible Boy, 23) Karate Kid, 24) Bouncing Boy.

When I was their age I was weirded out. Now they are kids. Those teens I looked up to when 6 years old.

Had a brief thing for Dragon Babe or Mage whatever, she wasn't around long, and like Matter Eater Lad. For me nothing was too strange or unrealistic. I dug the Mort books. No Superman family idea was too strange or "stupid" for me. No color kryptonite too far out. Not Super Pet too dumb. Superman could move the planet as far as I was concerned and live in space indefinitely. My generation.
    Last edited by Custodes; 07-26-2018 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    While I love the Legion of Super-Pets, I think they’re too absurd--north of the Legion of Substitutes--for them to make a full return to the Legion. However, at least two of them had the qualifications to be on the actual LSH.

Proty I (RIP) and Proty II could telepathically communicate and there was no reason why they shouldn’t be on the Legion--other than some xenophobia from the Legionnaires. But Proty II was too political to join the LSH, I think. That doesn’t stop yet another Protean (Proty III) from possibly throwing in with the Legion.

Comet the Super-Horse could also communicate telepathically. As a Centaur named Biron, under magic enchantment from ancient Greece, he has enough human qualities to be a full member of the LSH.

I think those two would contribute to the variety of life forms in the Legion.
    I love all that Super Pet stuff. Mort Weisinger was my favorite DC editor (to read....wouldn't want to work for him.) Jerry Siegel , Otto Bender my favorite writers & Edmund Hamilton. Loved the Substitutes. I must have been very gullible. Nothing was too absurd for me.I found Julius' books dry. Superboy was a must. When there was such a thing...sigh.

Shoot...forgot Chameleon Boy.

1. Cosmic Boy
    2. Saturn Girl
    3. Lightning Lad
    4. Chameleon Boy
    5. Shrinking Violet
    6. Shadow Lass
    7. Timber Wolf
    8. Ultra Boy
    9. Mon-El
    10. Sensor Girl
    11. Wildfire
    12. Dawnstar
    13. Matter-Eater Lad
    14. Xs
    15. Blok
    16. Phantom Girl
    17. White Witch
    18. Karate Kid
    19. Tellus
    20. Quislet
    21. Polar Boy
    22. Brainiac 5
    23. Andromeda
    24. Chemical King

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I love all that Super Pet stuff. Mort Weisinger was my favorite DC editor (to read....wouldn't want to work for him.) Jerry Siegel , Otto Bender my favorite writers & Edmund Hamilton. Loved the Substitutes. I must have been very gullible.
    I should have been clear and said "I think they’re too absurd for the current regime at DC." Like you, they were never too absurd for me--and I enjoyed all those stories and continue to enjoy them, as I currently seem to read more comics from that era than from modern day.

I should have been clear and said "I think they’re too absurd for the current regime at DC." Like you, they were never too absurd for me--and I enjoyed all those stories and continue to enjoy them, as I currently seem to read more comics from that era than from modern day.
    Who knows? With Morrison and Snyder leading the charge, I think there are some creators who long for the more "whacky" comic-booky absurdities that they enjoyed when they were kids as almost a push-back against the uber-seriousness/"realism" of the previous trends.

Extraordinary Member

It looks like most of you want a combination/blend of Jim Shooter Legion, Cary Bates Legion, Paul Levitz Legion, 5-Year Gap Legion, Post Zero Hour Legion, and Mark Waid's Legionnaires.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Here's mine. It is a mix of new and old, and it largely picks up after Johns' Superman and the Legion story.

1. Magnetic Kid (Pol Krinn)
    2. Lightning Lass
    3. Saturn Girl
    4. Element Lad
    5. Chameleon Boy – Espionage Squad leader
    6. Night Girl
    7. Polar Boy
    8. Shadow Lass
    9. Ultra Boy
    10. Phantom Girl – Espionage Squad
    11. Dream Girl
    12. Star Boy
    13. Sensor Girl
    14. Karate Kid – Espionage Squad
    15. Computo – Leader, Invisible Kid II’s sister
    16. Invisible Kid II – Espionage Squad
    17. Dragonmage
    18. Duplicate Girl
    19. Shrinking Violet – Espionage Squad
    20. Timberwolf
    21. Dawnstar
    22. Sun Boy
    23. Tellus
    24. XS

Rokk, Garth, & Chuck (all now husbands & fathers) are teaching at the academy.
    A reformed Mekt Ranzz works at the academy as a guidance counselor.
    Mon-El, Wildfire, Rond Vidar, and Gates are on detached duty patrolling deep space.
    Blok and Mysa are on the Sorceror’s World.
    Gim is the SP-Legion Liason, and Yera returned to acting.
    All of the above are reservists, as are the subs.

I think I got that. You said you loved them right up there first thing in your post. I can see that young people don't go for it. Oh well. The whole Legion is sort of magical to me. When I am 89 I 'll be remembering them. Not that I'll make it to 89.;-)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Who knows? With Morrison and Snyder leading the charge, I think there are some creators who long for the more "whacky" comic-booky absurdities that they enjoyed when they were kids as almost a push-back against the uber-seriousness/"realism" of the previous trends.
    That would be nice.

Extraordinary Member

It's kind of surprising how many do not want all three original members of Cosmic Boy Lightning Lad and Saturn.Girl as members.

Retired

I like the three originals, but I just assume that if the series goes forward in time, they will have taken a backseat and given others their spot on the team. Also, there was a 24 limit, so I know that these three are likely to appear, even if they are on reserve, while the others have less of a chance. So I was being strategic.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    It's kind of surprising how many do not want all three original members of Cosmic Boy Lightning Lad and Saturn.Girl as members.
    I think it is because as far as powers go all three have others that bring the same thing to the table. Lightning Lad has Lightning Lass. Cosmic Boy has Magnetic Kid. Saturn Girl has Tellus.