Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't know if the Murphy redesign had anything to do with issue #25; if there were problems because of the redesign or the September solicits, wouldn't it be issue #26 that would be delayed, not issue #25?

NOTE: Issue #26 is currently still listed as "In Shops: Aug 22, 2018" on Previewsworld.
    Because 25 is the first story of the new direction.

But I'm just speculating wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it's a shift in direction I've felt the book has needed for a while now, so it's the most interested I've been in the books for a while now.

I'm not sure I see DC so quickly back-tracking from it.
    I HOPE they aren't. I just feel like this solicit is exactly the wrong thing. Ah, well.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member

Thoughts:

- "Even millennial superheroes are moving back in with their parents!" Dang it, I thought we were moving past this. But seriously still looking forward to what Scott has in store, and I like the idea of Babs working with the GCPD. Although the way they frame it sounds like she might get into trouble with her hacking into their database
    I understand what you’re saying, but if I can very respectfully disagree- the relationship between Barbara and her father is one of the most special in the Bat-universe, right there with Bruce and Alfred, and Dick and Bruce. Their interactions during the Simone run seemed off-key, with uncharacteristic resentments, and during the Burnside run were rare, brief, and maybe because of that, a little trite.

I wouldn’t want Barbara to move back in with her dad permanently, but a few months of well written small moments between the two at, say, the breakfast or dinner table? I would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbattery View Post
    I understand what you’re saying, but if I can very respectfully disagree- the relationship between Barbara and her father is one of the most special in the Bat-universe, right there with Bruce and Alfred, and Dick and Bruce. Their interactions during the Simone run seemed off-key, with uncharacteristic resentments, and during the Burnside run were rare, brief, and maybe because of that, a little trite.

I wouldn’t want Barbara to move back in with her dad permanently, but a few months of well written small moments between the two at, say, the breakfast or dinner table? I would love that.
    Speaking only for myself, I am 100% with you on the Babs and Jim relationship. Absolutely. But the "millenial" thing is what I'm bummed about. Yes, Babs is a millenial. But I think we've seen increasingly diminishing returns with that approach.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Speaking only for myself, I am 100% with you on the Babs and Jim relationship. Absolutely. But the "millenial" thing is what I'm bummed about. Yes, Babs is a millenial. But I think we've seen increasingly diminishing returns with that approach.
    Yeah, I have absolutely no problem with re-focusing on Babs' relationship with Jim, or even her moving back in with him.

It's the promoting her as a "millennial" that just kind of bugs me.

Yeah, I have absolutely no problem with re-focusing on Babs' relationship with Jim, or even her moving back in with him.

It's the promoting her as a "millennial" that just kind of bugs me.
    I see it as just buzzwords.

I wasn’t planning on messing with Robinson’s Tec run, but a Two-Face/Jim Gordon story sounds good.
    The new direction for Red Hood sounds like its worth checking out.
    Looking forward to Nightwing. I’m enjoying the current arc, and if the next one with the motorcycle death race is as good as it sounds, and this one with Scarecrow and being scared of heights is as good as it sounds, I’ll be giving Percy a big thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    I see it as just buzzwords.
    I hope so! It sadly wasn't buzzwords for the past three years.

BANNED

Nightwing
    Deathstroke
    Teen Titans
    Adventures of Super Sons
    Red Hood
    Silencer
    Batman Beyond
    JL
    JLO
    Catwoman

Maybe
    Tom King books such as Batman, Secret Files and Heroes in Crisis. I find those solicits good but King has burned me too many times.

Tec. Was planning on skipping all filler but Bruce/Jim/Harvey chemistry has always been great

Because 25 is the first story of the new direction.

But I'm just speculating wildly.
    Batgirl #25
    On her return to Gotham City, family matters force Barbara to confront her complicated relationship with Dick Grayson. But does Dick have time for a heart-to-heart while subbing as Batman when Bruce Wayne is out of action?

This extra-sized anniversary issue also offers a look at the next arc of the series by Mairghread Scott and Paul Pelletier as the monstrous villain Grotesque murders wealthy art owners and defiles their bodies to create his own “art.”

And since this is the issue that keeps on giving, also look for a special backup story by Harley Quinn co-creator Paul Dini and artist Emanuela Lupacchino.

Written by: Paul Dini, Mairghread Scott, Marguerite Bennett
    Art by: Paul Pelletier, Tom Derenick, Dan Panosian, Emanuela Lupacchino
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batgirl-2016/batgirl-25
    Batgirl#26
    “Art of the Crime” part one. During a high-speed chase with murderous art thief Grotesque, the villain K.O.’s Batgirl with a souped-up stun gun that temporarily fries the device implanted in her spine. (That thing that helps her, you know, walk and be Batgirl?) Babs finds herself in for a whole new world of hurt now that old wounds have been opened up—and so does Grotesque.
    Written by: Mairghread Scott
    Art by: Paul Pelletier
    https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batgirl-2016/batgirl-26

Issue #25 "also offers a look at the next arc of the series", but the arc itself has Part 1 starting in the following issue (#26) which, so far, has not been announced as being delayed. If that date remains the same, it's due to ship the week after #25, with Annual #2 shipping the week after that.
    You would think if the problem causing the delay for issue #25 was the Murphy redesign/new direction for the title, they would be moving back the ship date for #26 as well at this point.
    (Though with DC, who knows what goes into their thinking.)

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batgirl-2016/batgirl-25

https://www.dccomics.com/comics/batgirl-2016/batgirl-26

Issue #25 "also offers a look at the next arc of the series", but the arc itself has Part 1 starting in the following issue (#26) which, so far, has not been announced as being delayed. If that date remains the same, it's due to ship the week after #25, with Annual #2 shipping the week after that.
    You would think if the problem causing the delay for issue #25 was the Murphy redesign/new direction for the title, they would be moving back the ship date for #26 as well at this point.
    (Though with DC, who knows what goes into their thinking.)
    I have no real idea what is causing the delay. I have heard that Dini can be late (and generally when he's on a series, he alternates with another writer, indicating that he's not great at a monthly schedule). It's all just completely blind speculating. I hope that it's good! Poor Batgirl fans, though - literally! Three issues, including 2 $5 ones, in a month! But lots of Batgirl stuff to read!

Poor Batgirl fans, though - literally! Three issues, including 2 $5 ones, in a month! But lots of Batgirl stuff to read!
    Well, since they weren't spending the $4.99 for issue #25 this month, as long as they can bank that $5.00 for another three weeks, it won't be quite that bad.
    Besides, this is only for the one month; it's not like they'd have to spend that same amount each month for the next few months to keep up with the series.

Well, since they weren't spending the $4.99 for issue #25 this month, as long as they can bank that $5.00 for another three weeks, it won't be quite that bad.
    Besides, this is only for the one month; it's not like they'd have to spend that same amount each month for the next few months to keep up with the series.
    I know. I just always feel the burn in my wallet when this kind of thing happens (not currently collecting Batgirl, so it's not my issue this time, but Annuals generally hit me that way. And Nightwing going twice a month again...I'm going to have to think carefully about this...)

I know. I just always feel the burn in my wallet when this kind of thing happens (not currently collecting Batgirl, so it's not my issue this time, but Annuals generally hit me that way.
    So, you'd rather they didn't offer annuals?

And remember: Annuals are normally only offered on the fifth Wednesday of the month, when most other regular titles aren't being shipped (as long as they've stayed on schedule). So it may be more of a problem for people paid either once a month or specifically on the 15th and the last day of the month, not as much for people paid weekly or every two weeks.

So, you'd rather they didn't offer annuals?

And remember: Annuals are normally only offered on the fifth Wednesday of the month, when most other regular titles aren't being shipped (as long as they've stayed on schedule). So it may be more of a problem for people paid either once a month or specifically on the 15th and the last day of the month, not as much for people paid weekly or every two weeks.
    Annuals are such a crapshoot. Sometimes, like the upcoming Nightwing annual, or the Deathstroke Annual this year, they're the oversized conclusion to an arc. Sometimes, like the Detective Comics Annual this year, or Batman Annual #2 last year, they're an exploration of something connected to the current storyline, but semi-standalone - so they contribute to the reading experience of the run, but aren't in sequence. I love those kinds of annuals.

More often, though, an Annual is a tie-in to an event (Green Arrow this year), standalone stories that are NOT connected to the current run (Superman in 2016), or anthologies (Batgirl, the first Batman Annual in Rebirth). I really don't like those - it feels like they're soaking me for something I wouldn't have bought normally.

So I love Annuals half the time, and hate them the other half. (The pay issue isn't something that I usually factor in?)

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Annuals are such a crapshoot. Sometimes, like the upcoming Nightwing annual, or the Deathstroke Annual this year, they're the oversized conclusion to an arc. Sometimes, like the Detective Comics Annual this year, or Batman Annual #2 last year, they're an exploration of something connected to the current storyline, but semi-standalone - so they contribute to the reading experience of the run, but aren't in sequence. I love those kinds of annuals.

More often, though, an Annual is a tie-in to an event (Green Arrow this year), standalone stories that are NOT connected to the current run (Superman in 2016), or anthologies (Batgirl, the first Batman Annual in Rebirth). I really don't like those - it feels like they're soaking me for something I wouldn't have bought normally.

So I love Annuals half the time, and hate them the other half. (The pay issue isn't something that I usually factor in?)
    Yeah annuals are pretty much a crap shoot. I tend to read the solicits on those, (and I don't generally read solicits at all mind you) specifically so I can decide if I want to put out the money on them. If its a conclusion to a story arc or a stand alone story that looks like it might be fun even if it isn't really connected to the current run I'll buy. If the issue doesn't look interesting to me or if its connected to an event or crossover that I'm not following I don't bother buying it.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 07-24-2018 at 10:35 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG