Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

1) Redacted this, redacted that- how am i supposed to know if i’m going to like something, if everything’s redacted?
    2) maybe i should’ve kept damage on my pull list. Meanwhile, i keep waffling on the titans titles.
    3) is every fifth issue of hawkman going to have an atom team up?
    4) do i want to read batman; secret files?
    5) if you want me to stick with terriffics, tom strong better stick with this team.
    6) unexpectedly, unexpected is on my pull list for a second month in a row.

Wow -- way to kill my interest in Justice League Dark almost immediately. Hard pass on a crossover that soon on the book with two $5 bookends.

And if they do break up Superman's marriage (as the article on the front page hints or suggests), then both Superman and Action get dropped.

Spectacular Member

Looking forward to the Sandman Universe books

Glad I chose to trade wait JL and JL: Dark. So early in and they’re already crossing over with Aquaman and WW.

Heroes in Crisis is not the kind of story I hoped it would be. Meh.

Cover and Pearl, two of Bendis' creator-owned books, sound interesting.

Not interested in reading them but the Harley Quinn issues and Old Lady Harley sound fun

Wish I had space, because the Unexpected sounds pretty crazy.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

JL Dark's first arc is proving expensive but it sounds so damn good.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

aquaman #41
    hawkman #5
    sideways annual #1
    superman #4
    action comics #1004

I'll be getting King's BATMAN in tpb. Jones' CATWOMAN too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-23-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Superman, Action, Supergirl, Super Sons (mainly excited about Super Sons)

Batman, Detective, Batgirl, Nightwing

Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Hawkman, Green Arrow (and not loving why I think Ollie is needing emotional support...)

Titans (yay for a Tempest appearance), Teen Titans, Terrifics, Justice League (main title only), Heroes in Crisis

Hard pass on all new Age of Heroes, 800 variations on Justice League incl. JL Dark crossover (ALREADY????), Sandman stuff (may buy in Trade if it gets reviewed well), DC/Hanna Barbera stuff, extra Batman stuff (really really burned out on Bat-everythying...enough with all the mini's).

Thoughts:

- Nice to see DC keeping up the holiday-themed special with something in-time for Halloween.

- I'm guessing one of the [REDACTED] suspected of murder is Harley, and the other is either Booster or Wally. Oh, and of course Batman is keeping secrets that could prove dangerous to the Superhero Community (and prove Sanctuary may not have been as good of an idea as the Trinity thought it would be) .

- I really think jumping straight into a crossover between JLD and Wonder Woman was a bit much, even assuming the story is fine, and it feels weird using Hecate instead of Circe.

- I guess "Drowned Earth" is as close as we'll get to a big Aquaman event if "Rise of the Seven Seas" never happens.

- So Cheetah can kill Gods now? Uh oh .

- Heat Wave and the "Sage Force." Yeah...these "Forces" are sounding more and more silly by the minute.

- I'm guessing Green Arrow is going to get confronted about Roy's mental trauma, although what else could he have screwed up?

- The GL's versus Cyborg-Superman feels very Sinestro Corps. War-esque. And hey, Coast City is finally relevant again.

- Hawkman and classic Atom team-up! Yes .

- So will Taylor do an adaption of Injustice II like he covered the events of Injustice I? Will it be as Harley-centric (which, knowing Taylor, it probably will be).

- I'm not seeing what's so different about Odyssey now, aside from it seems like the cast now all wear gold costumes.

- Oh hey, Queen Bee is back. Cool.

- I wonder what they'll do for Scooby-Doo #100.

- Sounds like we're getting a RobinxDjinn romance of sorts, although hasn't there been Kid Flash and Red Arrow drama in the last few solicits too?

- It'll be nice to have Garth back, assuming Abnett's characterization for him is on-point again, although I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually wear fishnets...

Mighty Member

What's the 24 comic blank day

Flash 56- sage force? Oh good grief!
    Flash 57

Hawkman 5- You had me at Ray Palmer! These days I will take whatever appearances I can get.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The colors on these foil covers are a bit bland. Is there a reason for the one note scheme?
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Flash 56- sage force? Oh good grief!
    Flash 57
    The more I see about these Forces, the more they just seem a bit too much and out-of-place in a Flash comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The more I see about these Forces, the more they just seem a bit too much and out-of-place in a Flash comic.
    Agree!! May they meet a quick demise
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Batman 56 & 57
    Damage 10
    Red Hood and the Outlaws 27
    Sideways 9 - slowly losing interest.
    Silencer 10

Maybe...

Superman / Action - Thought Superman 1 was just ok. Picking up Action 1001, it seems more what I am interested in coming out of MOS, so may be the superman book I end up with.
    Last edited by chachi; 07-23-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Still not excited about the direction DC is taking and losing interest more and more. I'm probably getting.

Hawkman #5 - The only series I'm excited about. The first two issues were great. And Hawkman and Atom is classically awesome.
    Superman #4 - Didn't really care for the end of MOS or issue 1 but it's Superman so I'll probably be picking this up.
    Action Comics #1004 - I'm going to be picking up #1001 this week and if I like it I'll continue picking this up. But it's Bendis who I don't really like on Superman so I have low expectations.
    Justice League Dark #4 - This series actually looks really good and I'll also be checking out the first issue this week as well. Don't think it's smart to do a big crossover this early but if it's good I'm in.
    Catwoman #4 - Liked the first issue so I'm picking this up for now. Too bad that Jones is not on this issue though.
    Batman King of Fear #3 - Kelly Jones on Batman pretty much a guarantee buy for me.

Maybe: Heroes in Crisis #3 - If it's not cringy and trash. And if they don't screw with Wally more.....

Thoughts.
    Foil covers look cool. I'll probably check some of those out.
    Well, Green Lanterns is ending. I'm sure we'll get an article on that by Trey Strain. lol. I hope they relaunch a GLC book with Kyle and Guy now.
    Tempest in Titans in cool. Yes, its by Abnett and it's really just a crumb but still has me a bit happy.
    Red Hood actually looks really interesting.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 07-23-2018 at 04:18 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake