Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mighty Member

1. I'm just going to ignore the fuss and pick up Heroes in Crisis #2. Let people enjoy things.

2. I've always wanted to read the Sandman books but never knew where to start. So I guess I'll start with these new line of books. Never knew Books of Magic was included in that universe.

3. It's about time they have an issue of Suicide Squad focused on Boomerang. Williams is a good writer but teams aren't his strong suit.

4. Throwing money at everything Bendis and New Age (I think Korath & Ascended) makes me love these books way more than I intended to lol) related.

5. This issue of Green Arrow looks emotional and that's how I like my comics. I want to feel something when I read it.

6. I find it hypocritical that people whine about these new forces but complain when there is nothing different being done in stories. Nothing wrong with Flash getting new powers.

7. Still no Outsiders. I don't even think it's happening anymore. Typical.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Definitely pulling
    Justice League Dark crossover - This crossover sounds awesome, might wait and grab it cheaper in trade though
    Aquaman 41 - Ooh Black Manta's back
    The Flash 56/57 - Also not excited about these Sage/Still forces. But I will pull the book as long as Williamson is writing it.
    Justice League Odyssey 2 - Despite delays this is still my most anticipated book of the year.
    Sideways 9/annual - I'm pretty committed to pulling this book at this point, nothing about these issues really jump out though.

Maybe
    Green Arrow 45 - I'll try out the first issue of the Bensons main run and decide from there
    Green Lanterns 56/57 - It kind of sounds like Jessica and Simon aren't even important in their own book anymore. Sucks that the series is ending and the finale isn't even focused on them. If they aren't prominent in these issues I'm not buying it.
    Nightwing 50/51 - I dropped the book cause I didn't like the weird tech angle Percy was going, but Nightwing developing a fear of heights sounds interesting. And I'm curious about this love triangle.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    Wow -- way to kill my interest in Justice League Dark almost immediately. Hard pass on a crossover that soon on the book with two $5 bookends.

And if they do break up Superman's marriage (as the article on the front page hints or suggests), then both Superman and Action get dropped.
    Im dropping Bendis on superman and action now, just the fact a split is teased has irritated me enough after batman 50

I'm not waiting around for this, maybe they will or won't, I'll see and look to the trades if they stick together, if they split them ill drop all my superman like my batman

I'm not overly keen on Bendis writing on superman already, even the tease of this has put me off the book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    What would you say to the marriage ending but Lois getting her own book?
    I'd hate that with an absolute passion

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    1) Redacted this, redacted that- how am i supposed to know if i’m going to like something, if everything’s redacted?
    2) maybe i should’ve kept damage on my pull list. Meanwhile, i keep waffling on the titans titles.
    3) is every fifth issue of hawkman going to have an atom team up?
    4) do i want to read batman; secret files?
    5) if you want me to stick with terriffics, tom strong better stick with this team.
    6) unexpectedly, unexpected is on my pull list for a second month in a row.
    the redactions have totally put me off this title

JA dark looks too busy already, no nee title needs 2 extra one shots already, why arnt they just part of the normal run?

Looks like a good month for me. A lot of the books I'm pulling are still going and seem to be finding their groove. I can't wait for Doc Dread in the Terrifics.

AQUAMAN: THE SEARCH FOR MERA DELUXE EDITION HC looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    History repeats itself for the Justice League Dark: as soon as the first arc wraps up, it's Crossover Time!

(though James Tynion probably won't hop off JLD after the crossover like Peter Milligan did)
    What's the alternative, they can't push the crossover back 5 months because Wilson will be on Wonder Woman at that point(presumably), and what ever happens in the witching hour probably will have long lasting effects in JLD going forward so that needs to happen now(October) . The only other option would be having the entire story line play out in the Justice League Dark title itself. With that book's monthly schedule that would kill the pacing of the book and the book itself more than any crossover would. I do however agree with people's opinion on the 5 dollar book end books that is just unnecessary.
    Last edited by Jcady59; 07-23-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post

2. I've always wanted to read the Sandman books but never knew where to start. So I guess I'll start with these new line of books. Never knew Books of Magic was included in that universe.
    The vertigo line is a part of the normal DC universe, simply written for a more mature reader. But yes, Books of Magic was always Vertigo.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I am BEYOND excited that Deathstroke is continuing! And with Ed Benes, who did a great issue this month.

Still bummed that they didn't get Priest to do the crossover, but maybe he didn't want to do it?

Poor Bensons - they keep getting stuck with crossover/tie-in issues. Maybe they wanted to do that, but it's not great for getting momentum. Pretty cool cover, though!

Silencer - love the cover. Interesting that they've stopped listing the artist first. I wish they'd commit to something with these books, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

This is annoying.
    JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK AND WONDER WOMAN: THE WITCHING HOUR #1
    WONDER WOMAN AND JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK: THE WITCHING HOUR #1

and someone deserves a good Gibbs smack at DC.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Pretty good month, Ill be getting
    The justice league dark/ Wonder Woman crossover
    Justice League
    Aquaman
    Batman
    Detective comics
    Master of fear
    Nightwing
    Action Comics
    The Flash
    Green Lanterns
    Batman Secret Files #1
    Cursed Comics Cavalcade #1

Maybe
    Justice League Odyssey
    Last edited by Jcady59; 07-23-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Plastic man #5
    the terrifics #9
    the terrifics annual #1
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The reddit spoilers look more and more accurate
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

These enhanced covers are atrocious. Looks like they are going for a more realistic look. What is this? Marvel?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions