Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman Movies You Want to See Made?

Inspired by the recent best Superman movies threads and my general feeling he hasn't had a great, definitive movie since the 70's and 80's (haven't seen the new Death of Superman yet), what Superman stories would you like to see in film? From adaptations to original stories. Animated or live action.

For me personally, after all the death and return stuff, I wouldn't mind a good new origin film. Especially an animated version of either Superman Birthright or American Alien (which I read recently).

A Superman and the Legion of Superheroes movie.

Superman Red Son would be great, I loved the motion comic years ago, and you know they're up for elseworlds movies now since they did Gotham by Gaslight.

A Superman anime would be interesting. I know there's probably a lot of fans here not crazy about anime, but it would get Superman out to a somewhat different audience, and Batman has already done the anime thing twice!

A Scooby Doo crossover movie. Kids who watch Scooby will see Superman, Batman's already done it, and I just like Scooby stuff. And it'd be guaranteed to have a lighthearted, boyscout Supes.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

* Well, I'm for sure all about a Superman and the Legion of Superheroes movie (what'd I specficially be into is here http://community.comicbookresources....-Steel-2/page2 and continued here http://community.comicbookresources....-Steel-2/page3)

* I could honestly go for a Superman & Son live-action movie using time travel as a facilitator.

* A modified Superman: Brainiac has a pretty strong opening made for itself now, I feel.

* A modified version of Bendis' Man Of Steel and parts of his Superman run would be pretty strong. Film one being about setting up the mystery Rogol Zaar, The Circle, and "who shot Krypton." The go from there. Allows for a recontextualization of a lot of things present in the world formerly known as the DCEU, and gives Superman a nice space mystery to chew through.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Red Son. Been waiting for that one for quite some time now lol.

Retired

• GLASS
    • SUPER BOYS
    • AN UNLIKELY PROPHET
    • The Making of SUPERMAN the movie and/or a Christopher Reeve bio-pic
    • OH YES! WYOMING!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

DC Comics Presents Vol 1 #48
    For the Man Who Has Everything
    Superman and the Legion of Superheroes
    It's Superman!
    Morrison's ACTION COMICS #14, maybe with beats from Miracle Monday mixed in

A detective flick in the vein of Adventures of Superman season 1, maybe using Metallo.

I realized recently that though Supes has had a ton of origin stories in comics, he's yet to have one in an animated movie. So I say let the next Superman movie be Birthright, Morrison's Action Comics, or For All Seasons. Besides that I'd like an animated movie that focuses on Metallo or Parasite. Both of them could use some love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    [*]OH YES! WYOMING![/LIST]
    "with the trees and the rocks and the..." LOL!

Something with a Golden Age feel, for me. That would be fantastic.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Animate movies I want to see:

Kingdom Come.

The Nail

A Smallville movie with Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum reprising their roles.
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member

Superman vs. Brainiac.

Lex Luthor and General Zod are not the only bad guys.