Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Waids Avengers run is the first to come to mind.

He's a good writer, and on paper should have been a solid fit for the Avengers. But it just didn't have that epic feel that I have come to expect from the MAIN Avengers book. It just felt like a filler satellite book.

Spider-Gwen. I love the costume, I like the art, I like the rock band-teen take etc but I'm just not invested in the book the same way I was for so Ultimate Spider-Man or Ms Marvel who have done the 60's Spider-Man today thing better.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Bendis' X-Men. Wasn't expecting much, but it started a few nice ideas but failed. Would have much rather Gillen stay on and write his "darker" take on Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Bendis' X-Men. Wasn't expecting much, but it started a few nice ideas but failed. Would have much rather Gillen stay on and write his "darker" take on Cyclops.
    Yup. All New and Uncanny both started off real interesting and they ultimately lead nowhere

I found the last Great Lakes Avengers series pretty underwhelming, so that was kind of a bummer.

Oh, and the last Morbius series.

-Pav, who wants a cool Morbius series so badly...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Waid knew what was up he saw that Cap was evil and Carol was gonna fight Tony and basically gave up. I would've too.
    His following Cap run was booty and I can't excuse it.

Also Tamaki's Hulk felt like I was paying $4 to get insulted. God damn you, Marvel.

116250_dave-chappelle-rick-james.jpg

Bendis's Guardians run. The art was great, but the book was stifled by movie synergy and bendis having no idea what to do with a cosmic title. At the end, it felt like the comic characters were poor imitations of the movie characters. He can't do space. At all. Abnett did a good job on G3K, but it didn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Bendis's Guardians run. The art was great, but the book was stifled by movie synergy and bendis having no idea what to do with a cosmic title. At the end, it felt like the comic characters were poor imitations of the movie characters. He can't do space. At all. Abnett did a good job on G3K, but it didn't last.
    That actually reminds me of another run I found terribly disappointing... the Annihilators.

DnA put together arguably the most powerful super hero team in the freaking universe... and the books sucked. It was a horrible way to end their cosmic run. It's like they compeltey ran out of juice by that point.

BANNED

David Walkers Nighthawk and Robinson's Squadron Supreme were two post SW II books I was really excited about that really disappointed.

Ta Nehisi Coates Black Panther was a disappointment before the first issue dropped due to the tone deaf views expressed by the writer before he'd even penned the first issue.

- Bendis Guardians
    - Bendis X-Men
    - Bendis Iron Man

something something fool me once something something GW Bush something something can't be fooled again

- Aaron's Dr. Strange
    - Coates Black Panther

- Avengers: Ultron Forever- people hyped this so much as THE ultron story and I went back and read it and hated it for whatever reason

- Waids Avengers, Champions, Captain America- jumped off the waid train after that. DD was so good...

- Walkers Nighthawk and Luke Cage

- recent Squadon Supreme book
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Iron Fist: The Living Weapon by Kaare Andrews
    I was so looking forward to this series, then it finally arrived and I hated it. It really attacked so much of what I loved about the character and his backstory. Really just horrible.

The art was good, though.
    I agree with this and would even go as far as to say that I didn't really care for the art much either. It seemed like the writer was trying to do his Frank Miller impression with Iron Fist and it did not work. The only redeeming aspect of this story is that it introduced Sparrow which I love as a character.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Eesh... doubt I have the time to list everything...

Everything Hickman ever wrote for Marvel.
    Same for Remender.
    Same for Hopeless.
    I think everything Bendis wrote started fine, but always ended in disappointment.
    Most of Aaron's stuff.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    You’re kidding.

You’d rather have a Surfer who’s a total Emo?
    This seems to be the go to strawman for anyone defending Slott's run. I didn't like the run either, I read the Ron Marz and Ron Lim run. Excuse me if Slott's Surfer work couldn't equal The Herald Ordeal or Allred can't hold a candle to Ron Lim who many feel is the greatest Silver Surfer artist of all time and one of the Marvel greats. So when you are trying to defend Slott's run on the title you folks are going to have to do better than tossing out the word "emo" If we are going to strawman I could easily say that Slott's run was just bad Dr Who fanfic. But I won't.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

The recent Luke cage and iron fist

The art imo was so horrible I just could not get through a full issue

Coates black panther, a good book about Wakanda, but T'challa was a b list character in his own book imo, not bad but just left me dissapointed with panthers use I the tile

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    - Bendis Guardians
    - Bendis X-Men
    - Bendis Iron Man
    +1.

Especially X-men.