Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gideon Falls

Any idea on how long the series will run for? I read the first trade but rather read it all in one binge as opposed to waiting it out. And I do own the second trade and have pre-ordered 3&4 on Amazon. I’d still just rather binge it all.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Any idea on how long the series will run for? I read the first trade but rather read it all in one binge as opposed to waiting it out. And I do own the second trade and have pre-ordered 3&4 on Amazon. I’d still just rather binge it all.
    No idea. It’s progressing but still kinda feels like there’s loads more to tell

BANNED

This book really surprised me how many weird twists and turns it's taken. I've been reading it monthly and it's solid, but for sure this is one of those titles you should trade wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    This book really surprised me how many weird twists and turns it's taken. I've been reading it monthly and it's solid, but for sure this is one of those titles you should trade wait.
    I’m on a tight budget too, so trade waiting makes sense for me. I would love to be able to support the comic in local stores from the get go, I really would, but even then, I might just hold off on reading anything till whatever series is done. One of the things I love about Image is that most titles are gonna end at some point. They are finite. I love me my Spider-Man, and several other Marvel titles, but it’s nice to have an ending on stories too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    I'm considering switching to trade waiting now. I'm still enjoying it but I'm going through a bit of a reading slump at the moment, so I'm leaving big gaps in between reading the single issues and forgetting what I've read/what's happened before. If I do trim my pull list down, Gideon Falls will be one that I drop and switch to trades.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I bought volume 3 yesterday.

Possible spoilers ahead for anyone not caught up:

Anyone care to speculate on just who or what exactly the toothy-grinned guy is? It's become clear he possesses people he feels are "gateways" and he is trying to get "out", but of what I am not sure. And the various towns of Gideon Falls seem to exist in multiple realities. At first I thought it was time travel but instead it seems like a multiverse kind of thing.

The toothy grin guy is Satan or some other demon.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-15-2019 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The toothy grin guy is Satan or some other demon.
    That occurred to me but it seems kind of obvious. I was thinking an actual alien. However, it can possess people, like Norton Sinclair, so maybe you're right. Then there was that sort of cosmic, Kirby crackle scene. Not sure what that was all about - interdimensional travel? A black hole?

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    That occurred to me but it seems kind of obvious. I was thinking an actual alien. However, it can possess people, like Norton Sinclair, so maybe you're right. Then there was that sort of cosmic, Kirby crackle scene. Not sure what that was all about - interdimensional travel? A black hole?
    Maybe its an alien who inspired our version of Satan?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe its an alien who inspired our version of Satan?
    That had not occurred to me. It feels almost Morrison-like. In fact, the entire story feels sort of like a Morrison creation except the characters are the usual instantly relatable Lemire creations.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

My understanding is these are other dimensions, the smiley-face spider thing (whatever the hell it is) lives either inbetween these realities or on “the other side” of them...and is trying to use “gateways” in order for it to be released into our worlds.

The new issue was incredible...it’s really ramping up now, but I still can’t work out if we are only just getting started or if we’re ramping up towards an end.

Astonishing Member

As I understand it, the device (the "pentoculus") that was built by the "original" Norton Sinclair apparently ruptured the multiverse and linked them together via a manifestation of the Black Barn in each. We are told that the smiling man entered into the crack that links the different Gideon Falls, but we don't know where he came from. It seems at least possible, and perhaps likely, that he came from "the center" of those linkages that the bishop has been able to approach but not get close enough to. Is "the center" a trans-dimensional sort of black hole around which the multiverse revolves, might it be essentially a sentient entity, and if so, could the smiling man be a representation (in our world) of the center itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Its probably less than 50. Maybe 30/40ish issues?