aaroknight

Question Paul A. Mounts Paintbrushed Original from Silver Surfer

Hi folks,
    I just learned that my father bought a paintbrushed MARVEL Silver Surfer Prototype - thing in 1990 in an exhibition in Hamburg. It's made by Paul Mounts (signed, too!) and consists of the paintbrushed main-part of the artwork and a loose plastic foil on top of it containing the contours of the comic (see the picture).

What I'd really like to know: Does anybody know which comic book this is from? Or was it just a concept art?

Thank you very much -- Aaroknight
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now here's something I haven't thought about in a long while! I am almost a 100% certain that this is from Marvel Graphic Novel #58 - Silver Surfer: The Enslavers.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/...slavers_1990_1

The MGN-books where among the first to employ more expensive paper, as they were a more expensive, meant to be more impressive, format - this made it possible to invest in, and produce better colouring. SO... I believe this is actually production-art - the pages I recall from the printed product at the very least looked very similar.

This came after years of enhancements Marvel had done with their MGN's, which came from learning a lot from European publishers which had already printed a great deal of more complexly coloured original Graphic Novels.