Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So, if Fire Trolls are the cause of the quakes, how is that inexorably linked with Arthur as the cause?

Really love Chimaera as a villain - he's absolutely terrifying visually, and I was genuinely worried for Salty(!) and the others at one point. Question though, is Coombs not meant to be African American, or am I imagining things? I couldn't really tell in this issue, but maybe it was a colouring thing on the artist's part.

Love this book. The story & art have continued to be amazing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirjustin86 View Post
    So, if Fire Trolls are the cause of the quakes, how is that inexorably linked with Arthur as the cause?

Really love Chimaera as a villain - he's absolutely terrifying visually, and I was genuinely worried for Salty(!) and the others at one point. Question though, is Coombs not meant to be African American, or am I imagining things? I couldn't really tell in this issue, but maybe it was a colouring thing on the artist's part.
    Yeah, Coombs was definitely black. But I guess since it's just camouflage, Chimera could just change the color of his skin arbitrarily? Even so, I'd definitely like him to be black in his human appearance.

AQUADOG!! YAY!! Okay I got that out of my system.

So I guess with Rakzo gone I'm going to be the only person to say something bad about this. It was literally the exact same story as last month. The art was great, and some of the insights were nice, but it has fallen back into his pattern. A very quick resolution to the action from the last month, some insight into the background, some exposition about the current situation, introduction of a new concept, brief action interlude, long setup for final showdown, big tension building segment leading to action filled cliffhanger. There is too much story happening for any real satisfying conclusions. I always love to see Aquadog, but the entire scene was a pointless waste of time. He introduced yet another storyline with the seaquakes, and now we are exactly where we were at the end of last month with Arthur finally fighting Chimera... I think. At this point Snyder's 12 month epics are moving faster than this thing.
    It's all just an opinion. Stop taking me so damn seriously.

BANNED

Finally got to sit down with Aquaman today. Vulko's seriously starting to piss me off (and not in an I-hate-this-character sort of way) He goes on about how it is his duty to see Arthur embrace his destiny and then whenever his destiny comes up it takes him the whole arc to stop sulking and talking in circles. He should know Arthur will still heed his advice; that's the only reason he's still alive after instigating a major terrorist attack!

Again, not to say he's written poorly, the scared pet thing is intentional, he's just getting on my nerves.

There's something about Chimera's eyes that are super striking visually. Especially in the credits splash last month, he just clearly looks like something that should not be. This book definitely uses the New 52 ability to reimagine characters better than most.