Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Just What if X-Men for me

Jim Lee is doing a better character cover series on Justice League than the really plain X-Men Red covers.

So is this the last issue of Weapon X?
    No, Weapon X Vol.5 is up on Amazon and it's going to collect Weapon X #22-26. Same for X-Men Red, Vol.2 is also up on Amazon and it will collect X-Men Red #6-11.

Im annoyed that Red has yet another new artist but I just checked out his/her work and I like

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Yeah, after Hunt for Wolverine and Gold I really hoped he would stay on X books.

Pretty sure he's only doing an arc while Ed McGuiness starts the next one.

Defiantly getting one of my favorite runs of the X-Men:

X-MEN EPIC COLLECTION: THE SENTINELS LIVE TPB

Volume #3 in the X-Men Epic Collections
    Written by GARY FRIEDRICH, ARNOLD DRAKE, ROY THOMAS, LINDA FITE, DENNIS O’NEIL & JERRY SIEGEL
    Penciled by DON HECK, WERNER ROTH, GEORGE TUSKA, JIM STERANKO, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH, NEAL ADAMS, MARIE SEVERIN & SAL BUSCEMA
    Cover by JIM STERANKO
    Professor X is dead! The X-Men have gone their separate ways! In the late 1960s, searching for a way to reinvigorate its poorest-selling super heroes, Marvel was trying anything and everything. With the title on the verge of cancellation, writer Roy Thomas and artist Neal Adams suddenly clicked — and the rest is history! Their epic evolution of the X-Men defines the team to this day. Adams’ lavish and dynamic visuals and Thomas’ challenging and contemporary stories combined in a book that throbbed with the pulse of the times. Their iconic stories collected here introduce Cyclops’ brother Havok, the vampiric villain Sauron, the Savage Land Mutates and X-Man-to-be Sunfire! Not to mention the Living Pharaoh, a classic team-up with Ka-Zar…and don’t forget the return of Magneto! Collecting X-MEN (1963) #46-66, and material from KA-ZAR (1970) #2-3 and MARVEL TALES (1966) #30.

OML had a good run. It did had a bump in the road, but it happens just in general. Overall, it was a good series.

You know, it feels that OML was the only X-book being acknowledge elsewhere. They used/mentions plots from his title. The used the statue plot in Marvel Legacy and Hunt for Wolverine. The school missing in Westchester that one was used in Uncanny Avengers. Asmodeus was used in Doctor Strange Damnation (I'm aware he's a Doctor Strange villain), but Doctor Strange mentions (kinda) the "Past Lives" plot.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Just Return of Wolverine and Mr and Mrs X for me. X-Men Black only if the books are setting up Uncanny
    Last edited by berserkerclaw; 07-24-2018 at 02:33 PM.
    X-Men Forever

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

dupe post, ignore. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-24-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    No, Weapon X Vol.5 is up on Amazon and it's going to collect Weapon X #22-26. Same for X-Men Red, Vol.2 is also up on Amazon and it will collect X-Men Red #6-11.
    Plus they just started the whole "Weapon X-Force" mess in 22. I don't think they'd only do three chapters of it. This book is gonna run AT LEAST up to 36 chapters, like Blue & Gold did. If not longer.

Just another typical "Our teams lives are in danger" solicit to make things sound interesting, and the morbid cover of their dead bodies to keep fans on edge. If you're hip to the Action / Comedy WX formula, you know the chapter won't be anything too deep or dark. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-24-2018 at 03:45 PM.

BANNED

Pullist:

SHATTERSTAR #1 (OF 5)
    WHAT IF? MAGIK #1
    WHAT IF? X-MEN #1
    MR. AND MRS. X #2
    MR. AND MRS. X #3
    MR. AND MRS. X #4
    EXTERMINATION #4 (OF 5)
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #16
    X-MEN RED #9

Maybe X-Men Black or Iceman, though I'll reserve judgment until their individual previews are released. The art is iffy for some of them, and I want to know more about the stories being told before investing.

My thoughts:

The Shatterstar covers are BEAUTIFUL and I'm actually quite excited for this mini. No doubt his resurgence is tied to his role in DP2, but I'm glad for it. Def want some Rictor, and hopefully some Spiral.

The What If: Magik cover is stunning and I'm glad Illyana gets her own story. I maintain that she'd be ripe for a solo series. Really excited for this story, and who else might show up. Daimon Hellstrom, Nico Minoru or Pixie would be brilliant.

I loveeeeee the concept of Cyberpunk X-Men and the character choices are brilliant (Domino, Cable, Magneto, Jubilee + Storm!) A shame this is only a one-shot because this is something I'd love to see more of. I hope that Marvel has more What If? stories incoming, with stellar creative teams and compelling pitches.

The X-Men Black solicits are very generic and don't give really tell us anything regarding the plot. Are they present-day? Who else might be involved? Why should we be invested? The J. SCOTT CAMPBELL covers are all very same-same, and a somewhat boring choice as the main cover for the issues.

I'm here for more Rogue & Gambit content, and I'm hoping K. Thompson manages to win me over when it comes to the Shi'ar, Deathbird, Cerise + the Technet, none of which reverberate with me. A little disappointed that Deadpool is apart of the story too, Wade is overused and I can name a dozen characters I'd sooner see hanging out with R+G.

Extermination- I think the mysterious hooded X-Man is X-Man. The shaman beads and the glowing eye from the preview are strong hints. His usage of a gun after having lost his omega-level telekinetic capabilities a while back lines up too. And ofc there's a perceived connection to Jean + Cyclops too.

I still feel Dead Souls and Multiple Man is building to an X-Factor relaunch. With both having ended at that point, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rosenberg is granted that title.

Havok & the Reavers in Astonishing X-Men? Cool, I guess, but why is Alex aligned with the bad guys so soon after having been inverted? I assume there'll be a good reason, but it's not going to be looking good to the rest of the superhero community, especially so soon after Alex claimed change and a dream to astonish.

Another artist change in X-Men Red? Why? I'm loving Carmens work, and I hate changes in artists all the time, especially when it's done multiple times in the same arc. The new artist has some great stuff, but I value consistency. It's another generic solicit I'm afraid- a common feature for Red. I look forward to seeing J.Grey & C.Nova battle it out though (on the Astral Plane?)

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Havok & the Reavers in Astonishing X-Men? Cool, I guess, but why is Alex aligned with the bad guys so soon after having been inverted? I assume there'll be a good reason, but it's not going to be looking good to the rest of the superhero community, especially so soon after Alex claimed change and a dream to astonish.
    It's possible they don't know he's reverted. Perhaps he's UC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    It's possible they don't know he's reverted. Perhaps he's UC.
    Or perhaps they're joining forces, to take down Colonel Callahan, and... Pierce? Don't see him on the cover. It's not like the Reavers were working for the Colonel, willingly. Maybe Callahan's already got the rest of Havok's Astonishing team subdued somehow, along with Pierce, and still holding Miss Sinister as well. So it could be like a rescue attempt, or somethin', IDK. Or maybe he is UC, in order to get to Callahan. Plus remember, the preceding ish, has 'em all:

• After the events of last issue, Havok and his team are on the run from the law.
    • Plus, the Reavers' secret mission is revealed!

Astonishing X-men seems to have almost everything I want in a X-men book. I was very pleased with Soule's run and, although it is very different, I'm really excited for Rosenberg's work. This man is doing such an amazing job on the franchise (not so much in Phoenix Ressurection, but it was not bad either). I can see him become a Peter David in the future. Maybe not the best for a flagship, but always great and consistent in smaller books.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    God damn it Jason...

Anyone else get the idea he hates the X-Men outside of Wolverine?
    No, it's just the same game as it ever was: if you're a bigger name, you can do what you want, regardless of whether or not other writers are using the same characters.

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

For Sure:
    - Astonishing X-Men #16
    - Extermination #4 (of 5)
    - X-23 #5
    - X-Men: Red #9

Maybe:
    - Mr. & Mrs. X #4
    - What If? Magik #1
    - What If? X-Men #1

I’m tradewaiting Domino, Iceman, Multiple Man, The Return of Wolverine & X-Men: Black
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok

October is obviously a filler month. 7 one shots a quite a lot.

I am annoyed Iceman is now a mini. But perhaps that works better than ongoing series for some.

Well in that case, I am ready for a Namor mini, a Sunspot mini and a Helion mini.