Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Surprised Superior Ock is a one-shot. Gage is pretty good. Hopefully there'll be a Vol. 2 after Spider-Geddon.
    I'm with you on this. I hope they do more with him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

October's lookin' good!

I'm really gonna have to make some tough choices when it comes to one-shots and tie-ins and so on - there's just SO much stuff coming out.

One thing I think that Marvel needs to clear up is whether Superior Octopus is a one-shot or an ongoing. The way the creatives involved are talking, it's an ongoing. But yet it's labeled as a one-shot. Kind of annoying. Either way I'm picking it up but I really hope it's a full-fledged series.

Spider-Geddon has won me over. I was thinking about passing because I'm digging Spencer's ASM so much that I don't really need to add on the Spider-books but it looks too good to say no to.

And I'm digging the look of the Infinity Warps tie-ins. I especially can't wait to check out Arach-Knight and Soldier Supreme.

Hope that D'Zarsky will be back on PP:SSM after the Infinity Wars tie-in.

I'm getting Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows and X-23 in singles. The latter has been really good so far over it's first couple issues. Am (or will be) following other stuff in trades (e.g. Star Wars stuff, Runaways, West Coast Avengers.

May want to get the Spider-Girls Spider-Geddon teamup because of its RYV connections (esp. if it's part of the end of that series), but I need to think if I want to get it in singles first or only get the trades.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Also glad to see Moon Knight getting some love with a big anniversary issue.

Max Bemis has been killing it on this book throughout his run so I'm expecting him to really come through with something bad ass for #200.

Hope he'll be sticking around past the anniversary issue.

Incredible Member

Black Panther
    Black Panther vs Deadpool
    Avengers
    West Coast Avengers
    Old Man Logan
    Return of Wolverine
    X-Men Red
    X-Men black
    Weapon X
    Mr and Mrs X
    Champions
    Death of Inhumans
    Punisher
    Thor
    Doctor Strange
    Infinity Wars
    Cosmic Ghost Rider
    Luke Cage
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 07-25-2018 at 10:50 PM.

All X-Men stuff this month, looks like: X-Men Red, Iceman, Shatterstar, X-23, and (probably) Mr & Mrs X.

Astonishing Member

I am delighted to see so many comic books that i want to read in October.
    I will pick up:

Spider-Geddon:1,2*
    Spider-Force:1
    Superior Octopus:1
    Return of Wolverine:2*
    X-Men Black-Magneto:1.
    What if Spider-Man:1
    Thor:6
    Tony Stark:Iron Man:5,6.
    Immortal Hulk:7.
    Typhoid Fever-Spider-Man:1
    Amazing Spider-Man:7,8.
    Fantastic Four:3
    Asgardians of the Galaxy:2*
    Doctor Strange:6.
    West Coast Avengers:3*

*These comic books i will be picking up depending if i liked the previous issue.
    I think thats all.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Late to this, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

Definitely:
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #4
    VENOM ANNUAL #1
    VENOM #7 - Eddie seriously needs a haircut. He already looked way too much like Sabretooth, but this cover just draws attention to it.
    FANTASTIC FOUR #3 - First issue was mostly good aside from the ending coming too soon.
    MARVEL 2-IN-ONE #11 - Need to pick up the issues I missed when I dropped off because of Doom feeling out of character (since they were obviously rushing him back into his villain role) and Fantastic Four was announced. Caught up before Fantastic Four #1 by borrowing a mate's and they were good, so **** it, if this is gonna keep going, I'll read it.
    OLD MAN HAWKEYE #10 (of 12)
    OLD MAN LOGAN #49
    OLD MAN LOGAN #50 - Whelp, it was a decent ride. I get the feeling OML's not gonna die so much as go back/be forced back into the wastelands. Marvel would leave the door open for another series, one set in the Wastelands, I feel. Kinda disappointed that he never met OG Logan, but maybe he will before he goes.

INFINITY GAUNTLET: DELUXE EDITION HC - Because I want to own it in a giant hardcover of some sort but missed out on the omnibus
    VENOM BY DONNY CATES VOL. 1: REX TPB - I dig this run so far, and I don't even care about Eddie Brock.
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS VOL. 4 TPB - Still need to get vol. 3 too. And... is this series ending? Or is it relaunching or something? Maybe as Spider-Girl?

Maybe:
    SPIDER-GEDDON #1 (OF 5) - I like Gage and like SOME of the characters. Also, Renew Your Vows MJ meeting Peter. Not sure if I wanna get invested in a Spider-event again though. Spider-Verse basically killed the Spider-roll I was on during Slott's run. Also, so much for Slott finishing his Spider-Man run! What was that, like two months?! When they make omnibi for his run, this is hopefully in it. Also also, I guess Spider-Man PS4 WAS the blacked out guy... really? That was the big secret? Lame.
    SPIDER-GEDDON #2 (OF 5)
    SPIDER-FORCE #1 (of 3) - Because Priest and Kaine. Everyone else is meh. Also, man, we're sticking with taht costume for Jess, are we? Really? The cover looks like they really want to go back to the original.
    SPIDER-GIRLS #1 (of 3) - Because Annie meeting May.
    RETURN OF WOLVERINE #2 (of 5)
    WHAT IF? MAGIK #1 - Because I like Magik. Also, her being mentored by Doctor Strange isn't new... nor is her being Sorcerer Supreme (at least in general, of Earth, that's probs new).
    WHAT IF? THOR #1 - Because Ethan Sacks, and the premise sounds interesting. Also, I guess Checchetto likes Sacks.
    AVENGERS #9 - Because the art will be better and I feel like I should like this series more, but the First Host plot is sooooooooo boooooooring.

X-MEN: DEADLY GENESIS TPB - Never read this, but I believe it's in one of the Marvel Cosmic omnibi anyway, or the omnibus-sized prelude HC.
    THOR BY WALTER SIMONSON VOL. 5 TPB - Unless I go for the omnibi.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 08-12-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Ghost Spider isn't a great name, but... whatever. I stopped caring about the character beyond her design years ago.

Man, it's gonna be weird for MCU Shuri fans to read Shuri, if she maintained the character trajectory from A Nation Under Our Feet, that is. She's the direct opposite to what her movie version is. In guess... time to MCU-synergise the **** out of her?

Man, thank God for all these Amalgam thingies (except the character picked make even less sense). I don't care about most of them so yay, I can avoid reading any event or whatever. Weapon Hex kinda looks cool though.

What If? X-Men looks cool and I like Bryan Hill (that's the same Bryan Hill who writes Detective Comics and Michael Cray, right? The "Edward" usually isn't there... afaik), but that solicitation it's already annoying me.

What If? Ghost Rider sure is... a thing.

What If? Spider-Man... c'mon, guys! His body isn't even cold yet! Let's not piss on his memory! Unless they don't, I guess, but it seems like they might have him be too much of a jackass, especially since it's a 32 page one-shot.

Omfg, Del Mundo not on Thor? I'm sure it's just because it's an issue focusing on the future plot that Ward draws, but I will Del Mundo is part of why I'm not reading Thor.

She-Hulk looks really good on that Immortal Hulk cover. I'm surprised, Alex Ross' women can look off a lot of the time.

Oh no... Thieves Guild? Really? Ugh. The most 90s thing... even if they were created before the 90s.

Awww, I bet baby Thanos is dreaming of the day he'll be big enough to snap his fingers! Adorable!

I get that the Luke Cage MPGN cover is meant to be bullets hitting him... but they look like nunchucks... or some kind of sound-related thing.

Lol, I knew Life of Captain Marvel would give her long hair again.

Mr. and Mrs. X... don't you love when CBR somehow gets issues out of order on solicitations?

That Extermination cover... OG Cyclops back?! I'm not getting my hopes up, but... hmmm...

Wtf is that Domino cover...

Carol's eyes on that Captain Marvel omnibus look... weird. I get that Conner has a style, but they look noticeably off there, as does Carol's chest. That is definitely an omnibus where I'd go for the older cover.

That Hulk OHC... just say it's an omnibus! Jeez!

Really? We're using the Land cover on the Domino TRADE too?

God, that Weapon H trade cover... how hard is Weapon H leaning in?!

Wait... the random Into the Spider-Verse trade for Spider-Gwen isn't going to call her Ghost Spider? So... is the movie not going to do it either, just that tv show?

Jean looks like she's just happy af and flipping her hair on that X-Men Epic Collection trade... it's kinda majestic :P
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS VOL. 4 TPB - Still need to get vol. 3 too. And... is this series ending? Or is it relaunching or something? Maybe as Spider-Girl?
    We don't actually know yet what's going to happen post-Spider-Geddon. In any event, with that fourth trade paperback, we should have all the pre-Spider-Geddon RYV issues collected in trades.

Man, thank God for all these Amalgam thingies (except the character picked make even less sense). I don't care about most of them so yay, I can avoid reading any event or whatever. Weapon Hex kinda looks cool though.
    Not really interested either. In theory, I should want to read Weapon Hex, since X-23 is one of my most favorite comic book characters, but the description makes it sound like it's just a "what if Scarlet Witch was a Weapon X" victim. X-23 herself doesn't really seem to be inside this Amalgam.
    Last edited by WebLurker; 08-12-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm excited for October to hit! So many great-looking comics coming out! I'm definitely getting:

Sleepwalker - don't really care about the current Infinity Wars, but I love the concept of the Sleepwalker and try to support it

Shatterstar - loved his makeover under PAD's writing, and I look forward to seeing the character fleshed out even more in a starring role

Scarlet Spider - if it's the end, it's been a weird but entertaining run; I really hope that I'll get to continue reading about Ben regularly, even if it's in a team book. Still hoping for a Scarlet Spiders relaunch.

Runaways - This book is pretty much firing on all cylinders, pushing the narrative forward while continuing to mine past stories for fuel. I hope it gets a long, long run.

Multiple Man - The tone of this mini is even quirkier than PAD's take, but it's fun and I love Madrox: great character, great power. Probably my favorite X-character.

I'll probably stop there, but if I decide to be extra generous to myself, I'm certainly also interested in...

The Spidergeddon stuff, especially those comics featuring Doc Ock, Kaine, and Mayday

Spider-Gwen - I think I may jump ship. Her comic has always done just enough to keep me interested. We'll see what this new team has in store. I don't like the Ghost Spider name, though.

What if? X-Men - just sounds like a fun premise

Champions - I don't care about the cast of this series, but I do love Weirdworld an awful lot

West Coast Avengers - the cast is intriguing, esp MAC

Typhoid Mary: Spidey - only because I know we're getting an Iron Fist one shot connected to this later

Eventually, I'm going to have to get lots of this stuff in trade - maybe even Venom, FF, and Iron Man, comics that I've never really collected.

-Pav, who wonders what November will bring...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    IPav, who wonders what November will bring...
    Hopefully good stuff.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Wait... the random Into the Spider-Verse trade for Spider-Gwen isn't going to call her Ghost Spider? So... is the movie not going to do it either, just that tv show?
    She's just Spider-Gwen in that as far as we know, same goes for the Spider-Man cartoon. She'll be Ghost Spider in anything made from now on, starting with Marvel Rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    -Pav, who wonders what November will bring...
    We'll know next week won't we? Uncanny X-Men was already announced, you can be sure there'll be more stuff announced this week, prior to the full solicits on the 21st.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman