Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

lol, I'm hoping this is just a 'cover' and has nothing to do with the book's contents.

And I swear this looks more like Namor's son, Kamar, than Namor from the past 10 years.
    aka(s). o-bunⓐi-o // ⓓcembⓘrth

Sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes

Last edited by Crazed T'Challa x Emma x Namor shipper; Yesterday at 00:00 UM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I like it. Reminds me of his Savage days mixed in with his Phoenix moment.

What I don't like is that it sounds that Namor is once again being set up as a one note villain. Theres a thread up now about "Most Iconic Marvel Villains" and more and more it seems that Marvel's current staff is at the detriment of its characters.

But mini rant over. One thing to add just everything cool about Aquaman was taken from Namor. So at least DC has got it right so far.
    Lol what.. Namor came first sure but the similar backstory they share Aquaman had first.. which makes Namor a ripoff from concept. Despite his date. Hell Aquaman had solo stories before Namor

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Lol what.. Namor came first sure but the similar backstory they share Aquaman had first.. which makes Namor a ripoff from concept. Despite his date. Hell Aquaman had solo stories before Namor
    You're going to have to establish that for me. Namor debuted in 1939, established from the get-go as a Hybrid heir to Atlantis' throne, and had a title of his own in 1941. Aquaman was created in 1940 as a human whose father experimented on him using science he found in a lost underwater kingdom, and he was a backup feature character until 1962, when he got his first title series (shortly after the FF brought Namor out of mothballs), while Namor was too busy being cast as a bad guy to get his own title again until 1968. Aquaman didn't get Atlantis bolted onto him until the 1950s, about the time of Namor's brief Atlas revival.

So I don't get how, in any way, Namor is any kind of Aquaman knockoff, or came behind him in anything.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 08-04-2018 at 08:40 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You're going to have to establish that for me. Namor debuted in 1939, established from the get-go as a Hybrid heir to Atlantis' throne, and had a title of his own in 1941. Aquaman was created in 1940 as a human whose father experimented on him using science he found in a lost underwater kingdom, and he was a backup feature character until 1962, when he got his first title series (shortly after the FF brought Namor out of mothballs), while Namor was too busy being cast as a bad guy to get his own title again until 1968. Aquaman didn't get Atlantis bolted onto him until the 1950s, about the time of Namor's brief Atlas revival.

So I don't get how, in any way, Namor is any kind of Aquaman knockoff, or came behind him in anything.
    Good post! Funny how Aquaman fans get these things backwards.

so how about the Avengers #9 costume?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how about the Avengers #9 costume?
    Better than the X-Red costume.

I like his new costume

Same. I hope it sticks around for a bit. Marquez is great at portraying him artistically too. It's not often Namor looks as good as he should.

I actually like it

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I like it. Isn't too unlike his costume when he was part of the Phoenix 5.
    My thoughts as well.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Color me intrigued.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

I don't understand why so many hate it, it looks cool to me.

yeah the design is cool. Don't understand the backlash.

The design gives me a Twilight feeling especially with hose striking eyes. Some of you might remember when the Twilight style was popular a few years back, could be an homage to that.

Anyway a very good showing for Namor recently
    The J-man

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At least when they gave him the new costume back in 1973 ...

... the explanation was that he was not able to comfortably breathe while out of the water the way he previously had, so the new outfit was devised to help him do so.
    This is still my favorite Namor costume to this day.

I don't mind the new costume. It does make him appear a bit younger. I'm sure there is a demographic to stroke in that regard.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I think there’s a few noisy people who hate it but really it’s a nice looking costume. I can’t wait to see what they do with namor next!