Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

It's cute, and I guess sexy, but, Namor is a warrior and over 75 years old. I do not think he would want to look like an Instagram "star." Or the Bieber/Grande set. It has been said his strength, would make it not matter, having the long pants and armor ruin his under water drag coefficient. I don't agree though. A warrior would want every advantage in life or death situations. A warrior wouldn't give a little..... for fashion. Or he would not last for a second battle.

In the Throne Room, a regal attire maybe ....cape or fancy ceremonial armor would be OK. Keep the trunks for day to day please.

I'm pretty sure he has blue eyes too. In the Golden Age and Silver Age, it was often stressed with close ups and even words. Perhaps a nod to his mother's races' blue skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I always liked his hair plastered to his head, it gave him an alien look to his face. Its mutant hair so it doesn't needs to behave like regular hair.
    Had not thought of the Mutant aspect. I guess mutant hair could be a thing, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    It's cute, and I guess sexy, but, Namor is a warrior and over 75 years old. I do not think he would want to look like an Instagram "star." Or the Bieber/Grande set. It has been said his strength, would make it not matter, having the long pants and armor ruin his under water drag coefficient. I don't agree though. A warrior would want every advantage in life or death situations. A warrior wouldn't give a little..... for fashion. Or he would not last for a second battle.

In the Throne Room, a regal attire maybe ....cape or fancy ceremonial armor would be OK. Keep the trunks for day to day please.

I'm pretty sure he has blue eyes too. In the Golden Age and Silver Age, it was often stressed with close ups and even words. Perhaps a nod to his mother's races' blue skin.
    In all honestly the equivalent of drag Namor (or anyone in his strength level) would receive from that armor/clothing would be equal to a barnacle on a humpback whale. AKA nothing close to noticeable. We are talking about a character that has thrown war submarines as if they where Hot Wheel toy cars.

I do agree that his eyes are off. I'm hoping that it may mean that he is possessed or controlled in some form. At least that way it won't be the same song and dance of Namor is a villain only that the current marvel team likes to project.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    In all honestly the equivalent of drag Namor (or anyone in his strength level) would receive from that armor/clothing would be equal to a barnacle on a humpback whale. AKA nothing close to noticeable. We are talking about a character that has thrown war submarines as if they where Hot Wheel toy cars.

I do agree that his eyes are off. I'm hoping that it may mean that he is possessed or controlled in some form. At least that way it won't be the same song and dance of Namor is a villain only that the current marvel team likes to project.
    He is never a villain to me. Some of these new artists may not know his past. They may be drawing a Great White, where the eyes are concerned. Now, I'm going out to throw a Hot Wheels toy. After dinner walk. Maybe I'll feel Namor-like. ;-)

Armour is not a new thing for Atlanteans. Namorita wore Atlantean armour for a while aftering busted open in New Warriors.

He is never a villain to me. Some of these new artists may not know his past. They may be drawing a Great White, where the eyes are concerned. Now, I'm going out to throw a Hot Wheels toy. After dinner walk. Maybe I'll feel Namor-like. ;-)
    LOL! Your the Best.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Lord have mercy. Not a fan of the new outfit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Wouldn't be too bad without all the black scales.

Someone mentioned he looks like Alec from shadowhunters and now I can’t see anything but that lol

The black eyes have been seen a couple of times before - and they make quite a bit of sense, considering the immense depth Atlantis is generally located at. In Sub-Mariner: The Depths, Namor had these huge, black eyes when he was in water - they then turned more normal when he was in an air-environment. I believe they've been seen other times, even though I can't think of anything off the top of my head. There's of course the fact that in the very first issues of Marvel comics, the Atlanteans had huge black eyes as well - I believe these eyes were also seen again in the Civil War mini-series with Namor (the one where he nuked atlantis using Nitro).

So, there's some precedent, I feel. As long as they show the other Atlantians to have the same kind of black eyes while underwater, I'm cool with it.

I'd say he's more like (at least) 95 years old, dude.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I think it makes for a cool and imposing cover, but I can see it being a lot less impressive in interiors. I guess the fact that his "armor" doesn't cover any of his vitals is only fair when you see the same sort of thing on women's armor designs all the time

Hate it, personally. Kind of tired seeing him in a different costume every time he appears. Should've stuck with his New Avengers look. This one's out of left field, but I'd like to see more of it to get a better idea of its look.

And as a side note, it seems artists can't decide on whether or not to make him look in his late twenties or his mid forties. Would like some consistency.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-28-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Hate it, personally. Kind of tired seeing him in a different costume every time he appears. Should've stuck with his New Avengers look. This one's out of left field, but I'd like to see more of it to get a better idea of its look.

And as a side note, it seems artists can't decide on whether or not to make him look in his late twenties or his mid forties. Would like some consistency.
    Mid forties I guess is what Alex Ross makes him and Superman look like, gives them that distinguished look in their features and mass and muscle maturity in their frames. Very in tone with them being the grandfathers of the superhero genre. This emo boy band look is totally off for Namor.

Bill Everett, John Buscema, Alan Davis, Ariel Olivetti, Greg Land and Ed McGuinness just to name a few that seem to hit a home run consistently drawing Namor.
    Last edited by Thor-El; 07-28-2018 at 05:08 PM.

I’m not gonna lie I thought this looked more like Ultimate Universe Namor than regular Namor I’ve seen in X-men Red.

I mean look at this old pick of Ultimate Namor and tell me that doesn’t look closer to the Namor on the cover.
    DEDE2DA8-289A-480C-8372-64BC9721CECE.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-28-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m not gonna lie I thought this looked more like Ultimate Universe Namor than regular Namor I’ve seen in X-men Red.

I mean look at this old pick of Ultimate Namor and tell me that doesn’t look closer to the Namor on the cover.
    DEDE2DA8-289A-480C-8372-64BC9721CECE.jpg
    That actually looks way better probably because its Greg Land.