Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Double post.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-06-2018 at 07:45 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Yeah, I don't think closing the larger threads has done much to help this situation. It's still very slow for me as well and I once again got the "do you want to leave the site" message when I attempted to post just now. Maybe if those larger threads were simply deleted instead that might do something because even with them closed the data is still being saved to the server. There are a lot of pics and whatnot on the appreciation threads that might be adding to the problem. Of course that might piss off people but if they had time to save whatever posts they wanted to before the deletion maybe they wouldn't.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I concur. As regrettable as it would be, if a mass pruning or even complete forum wipe is what it takes to get the forums functioning normally again, perhaps the admins should consider it.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The double posting is getting crazy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I concur. As regrettable as it would be, if a mass pruning or even complete forum wipe is what it takes to get the forums functioning normally again, perhaps the admins should consider it.
    Only as a last resort that would be GUARANTEED to solve the problem!
    (Hell, the last time they shut down the Forums and wiped everything out was no fun, and that was only a few years ago!)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Only as a last resort that would be GUARANTEED to solve the problem!
    (Hell, the last time they shut down the Forums and wiped everything out was no fun, and that was only a few years ago!)
    I used to run a forum ages ago and a mass pruning of all threads not being posted in currently as well as a pruning of excessively long threads (that more often than not included lots of pics) oftentimes did help speed the forum up. I'm not sure what the actual problem here is of course but it couldn't hurt to try it. People have already started up the appreciation threads again anyway.

If DC can reboot ever few years, so can we!

I hope that's not the problem.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It's clearly not working at this point. Forums are slower than ever. May I suggest unlocking the locked threads and merging the new continuations with them before we get even more duplicate threads?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Forum is still extremely slow for me and those messages keep coming up every single time I've posted today as well. Closing the large threads hasn't done anything to correct forum lag.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Is there any IT staff to consult in regards to the errors?

I've reported it to the people that can potentially do something. Waiting to hear back.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I've reported it to the people that can potentially do something. Waiting to hear back.
    Thanks.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The forums now appear to be zipping along at the same speed before the slowdown, at least on my office PC.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It’s working better for me too (for now anyway). Wonder if it would now be okay to open up some of the longer threads and combine the continuations with them. It didn’t seem Tom have an impact when it was teied and some of the threads that are much longer than the one she closed are still open.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Seems like it's back to normal now. Hooray!