Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Seems we're loading slowly again. But not as slowly as before.
    Could it have anything to do with that "end of net-neutrality" thing?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Could it have anything to do with that "end of net-neutrality" thing?
    Probably not, or it would affect way more than the CBR Forums.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Still having tons of speed and double posting issues and the like.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Slow again for me.

Slow again for me too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Yup. Slowness and double posting for me too.

Slowness again . . . also, when I try to post a reply, it takes forever to seemingly accept it.

Also hit those instances where it doesn't seem like it might have gone through, and it asks me if I want to leave the page I was on or not.
    Sometimes that results in the post going through, but sometimes I get things like
    The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in <fill in a number> seconds.
    so it looks like it didn't go through, even if the original reply had already been posted?

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Forum is extremely slow for me and has been for the last 24 hours. Also it keeps asking if I want to "leave the site" when I post but when I refresh the page my post appears anyway. So I think there may also be a double posting issue at work here. Is it a bandwidth issue maybe? I used to run a forum a long time ago and whenever the forum would run slow it always seemed to have to do with bandwidth.

Edit: I also just got the same message as the Major.

<The following errors occurred with your submission

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in <fill in a number> seconds.>

I don't think I made two posts close enough together for it to do that. I fact I've never since I started posting on this forum had that come up when actually posting to the forum itself. That message has only come up for me when sending PMs to close together.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 08-03-2018 at 10:09 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

This is really annoying. The site has been crappy for what, 10 days? You gotta fix this quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Slowness again . . . also, when I try to post a reply, it takes forever to seemingly accept it.

Also hit those instances where it doesn't seem like it might have gone through, and it asks me if I want to leave the page I was on or not.
    Sometimes that results in the post going through, but sometimes I get things like so it looks like it didn't go through, even if the original reply had already been posted?
    +1 on this.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Let me add to the chorus. I've learned to reply "Yes" to the message that says "Do you want to leave this page". Because if I would hit cancel that hit the post button again, I would get duplicate posts.

The other day while I was posting here my PC froze up and I couldn't even ctrl-alt-del out of it. Had to shut my PC down completely. It was just locked into this site. This has happened to me before on the forum. I post on FB and other places and it never happens there.

Let me add to the chorus. I've learned to reply "Leave" to the message that says "Do you want to leave this page". Because if I would hit cancel then hit the post button again, I would get duplicate posts.

The other day while I was posting here my PC froze up and I couldn't even ctrl-alt-del out of it. Had to shut my PC down completely. It was just locked into this site. This has happened to me before on the forum. I post on FB and other places and it never happens there.

Now this is something new. I just corrected my first post using the edit and instead it created a new post!

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

As a new member, I was hesitant to post here, I didn't want to come off that I just joined and was complaining in my first posts, but I've been having the slowness with posting too. At first I thought it was my computer, but after opening multiple windows, this forum was the only site that was acting this way.

Yeah, the slowness is pretty bad all around it seems. Probably something with the server, would be my guess. But I visit other forums, and while they've had issues at times, I don't think they've had this kind of lag.