Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It's because we are still waiting for the movie where Superman is fighting some guy tooth and nail, barely able to keep up with him, and then suddenly Wonder Woman turns up, kicks his ass around the room, and asks Clark...

"Is this guy still giving you trouble?"
    Realistically speaking? I think it may be a while longer before that happens if people are waiting for an all out brawl where WW swoops in and saves the day. BvS is as close as I imagine it will ever get but that Clark was compromised while fighting Bruce and if Clark had failed I don't doubt Diana would finish off DD. I do think WW can outclass Superman in someway, especially if they play up the Zeus origin which should elevate her above a mere Kryptonian under a yellow sun but that's not set in stone either or rather there's some who don't prefer it which means it could change depending on the writer. I do think that as long as WW's mythology keeps changing it will always make her subject to falling shy of truly matching Superman. Again, I have never read her books (only a handful) so I'm basing my thoughts from reading message boards. Perhaps they need to write more epic battles only for her, the scales of which Superman/Batman have never tackled before, something that would truly set her apart and above the other guys.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Realistically speaking? I think it may be a while longer before that happens if people are waiting for an all out brawl where WW swoops in and saves the day. BvS is as close as I imagine it will ever get but that Clark was compromised while fighting Bruce and if Clark had failed I don't doubt Diana would finish off DD. I do think WW can outclass Superman in someway, especially if they play up the Zeus origin which should elevate her above a mere Kryptonian under a yellow sun but that's not set in stone either or rather there's some who don't prefer it which means it could change depending on the writer. I do think that as long as WW's mythology keeps changing it will always make her subject to falling shy of truly matching Superman. Again, I have never read her books (only a handful) so I'm basing my thoughts from reading message boards. Perhaps they need to write more epic battles only for her, the scales of which Superman/Batman have never tackled before, something that would truly set her apart and above the other guys.

As far as this issue was concerned, what people were griping about wasn't about WW beating Doomsday at all. There could have been many creative ways of writing as disarming WW with her sword in order for her to not a cutting advantage over DD. Yes, we know this is a Superman movie..no one I think is complaining that it should have been the JL or WW, without Superman, would have beaten Doomsday. How hard would have it been to write wherein for various reasons the entire JLA could not be there to fight Doomsday, thus ushering their defeat person by person.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Not even close.

Remember when Wonder Woman got punked by Kalibak and then Superman said in so many words that he wasn't even worthy of fighting Batman!

I guess the Justice League DCEU movie makes sense now when he says to Wondy and Aquaman, "Is this guy still bothering you"?
    I get what you're saying, but a couple of things:

1) I was specifically focusing on the first season. Honestly, I thought the first season was just not good (latter seasons I really enjoyed, however). There'd be these stupid things like the entire League getting the jump on Felix Faust, but still managing to find a way to screw things up. Another episode, Flash had trouble catching up to a speeding truck. Yowza...
    2) In S1, the plot of almost every episode involving Superman was that he can't do the job, hence they needed a team effort (that's why I bolded it).

Anyway, other than that she beat up Superman in S1 (which almost isn't an accomplishment, because pretty much everyone but Mongul got to do that; even Ultra Humanite outwrestles Superman at one point...), I get your point and would say the show wasn't particularly kind to WW, either. Again, I was just taking a potshot at the show's first season and the bad writing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Maybe one day we will see DC adapt Dwayne MacDuffie's Amazo Story arc into a movie, so we can see Diana as the last woman standing.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Watched it last night with Xander, my son.

First, from a storytelling perspective the movie itself is pretty good. I found it WAY better than BVS, even just in terms of how the throw down between Superman and Doomsday was shown. Really first class.

Regarding the title of this thread, yeah Diana gets trashed pretty easily. She lasts longer than any of the others, knocks DD around and takes some pretty big hits. But in comparison, Clark goes at the beast for easily four or five times as long, all the while as DD is getting stronger and stronger. In terms of this movie there is simply no comparison between Diana and Clark. It's like comparing Jessica Jones to Thor.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Watched it last night with Xander, my son.

First, from a storytelling perspective the movie itself is pretty good. I found it WAY better than BVS, even just in terms of how the throw down between Superman and Doomsday was shown. Really first class.

Regarding the title of this thread, yeah Diana gets trashed pretty easily. She lasts longer than any of the others, knocks DD around and takes some pretty big hits. But in comparison, Clark goes at the beast for easily four or five times as long, all the while as DD is getting stronger and stronger. In terms of this movie there is simply no comparison between Diana and Clark. It's like comparing Jessica Jones to Thor.

Fantastic Member

I haven't seen the movie yet!! But the movie is about Superman?? If superman is the focus of the movie, it make sense that he would last longer?? I'm not understanding the deal about WW not lasting as long as superman!! If the movie was about WW, she would be the one that would standout!! That the way movies are!! The title character always standout above all the other characters.
    Last edited by lotchj; 08-05-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Incredible Member Amazon Swordsman's Avatar

Btw, why didn’t she just take off her bracelets and go full god mode if she needed more power? Is that not a thing in that universe?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    I haven't seen the movie yet!! But the movie is about Superman?? If superman is the focus of the movie, it make sense that he would last longer?? I'm not understanding the deal about WW not lasting as long as superman!! If the movie was about WW, she would be the one that would standout!! That the way movies are!! The title character always standout above all the other characters.
    The big deal is that this concept is not true at all, regardless who the focus is Superman lasts almost always longer(hell that even already happened with magic, which made no sense by any meansl).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    The big deal is that this concept is not true at all, regardless who the focus is Superman lasts almost always longer(hell that even already happened with magic, which made no sense by any meansl).

I watch it again and still don't see the issue,Wonder Woman did fine she held her own ,She was clear next most powerful member to Superman. No matter how it was done she would have been taken off the board at some point so could get the classic Doomsday Superman stuff. If it was Justice League movie they would have never cut away from the fight scene and you have gotten the full encounter with Wonder Woman and Cyborg then maybe you would have gotten fill and think Wonder Woman got enough respect.

Was the fight perfect? No. The only big problem in that fight was Martian Manhunter being intangible and Doomsday unable to do crap to him. MM reads Doomsday mind, MM freaks out at him trying to kill Batman, He turns tangible to save Batman and Doomsday hits him into in gas station that explodes in fire his only big weakness. So only Justice league member around who do can esoteric stuff capable of taking out Doomsday is out of the fight. Wonder woman and Flash did solo respectable attempts at Doomsday that if they done their attacks in team context would have made Justice League look more professional instead one by one fight stuff.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    Btw, why didn’t she just take off her bracelets and go full god mode if she needed more power? Is that not a thing in that universe?
    We know very little about Wonder Woman in this universe to be honest. So, who knows? If the upcoming Bloodlines movie is set in the same continuity we might learn more.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    We know very little about Wonder Woman in this universe to be honest. So, who knows? If the upcoming Bloodlines movie is set in the same continuity we might learn more.

Fantastic Member

That is not the issue; the issue is WW should have been AT LEAST been able to do damage to Doomsday with her sword (or other magical weapons) before being taken out. WW's martial ability and her deadly weapons is what makes her supposedly "at par" with Superman. She's not stronger than him, not faster (at least in distance travel), and not as invulnerable. It's her skills in combination of her speed, strength an durability, and her deadly weapons. Negating her deadly weapons is like removing Superman's invulnerability. Even Batman managed to at least "peel off" some of DD's outfit with his bombs, but WW Tiara, Shield (maybe), bracelets and especially the sword have been known to cut invulnerable beings, krypotonians and GODS included. Superman and DD SHOULD be the one taking out each other in the end; no one is arguing about that; this was bad lip service to WW, but masked with great but "ineffective" scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan Theo View Post
    That is not the issue; the issue is WW should have been AT LEAST been able to do damage to Doomsday with her sword (or other magical weapons) before being taken out. WW's martial ability and her deadly weapons is what makes her supposedly "at par" with Superman. She's not stronger than him, not faster (at least in distance travel), and not as invulnerable. It's her skills in combination of her speed, strength an durability, and her deadly weapons. Negating her deadly weapons is like removing Superman's invulnerability. Even Batman managed to at least "peel off" some of DD's outfit with his bombs, but WW Tiara, Shield (maybe), bracelets and especially the sword have been known to cut invulnerable beings, krypotonians and GODS included. Superman and DD SHOULD be the one taking out each other in the end; no one is arguing about that; this was bad lip service to WW, but masked with great but "ineffective" scenes.
    Supes couldn’t even make Doomsday bleed once in this movie. He got one lucky killshot in to save the day but otherwise Doomsday totally owned him. Batman only irritated Doomsday, otherwise he was as useless here as he was in JL Dark.
    Let it go guys. Everyone besides the Trinity jobbed far worse. I’m sure WW will be portrayed far better in her own solo if power levels are really something you care about.
    Last edited by RepHope; 08-07-2018 at 01:52 AM.