Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I finally got to read this last night and so I'm just sitting there reading, turn the page during 'happy time' and literally GASPED out loud when I saw a very bare, very curvaceous Rogue half-covered by a sheet.

Folks, I know it's just a comic, and I'm married with 4 kiddos...but being a gigantic Rogue fan since I was probably 12 years old...that panel made me blush something furious.

Lots of emotion in this comic, all good. Thank you KT for making this happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That was a fun ride. The banter is glorious, particularly the whip bit ("it was just a joke till you made it real and now people are curious"). I still don't like the art very much, though, too much same face. That tickling panel was hilarious, because I was actually like "did these absolute MADMEN actually put them fucking on page". Guess it was supposed to be ambiguous LOL Off to a good start, thank God for KT.
    I had to look and look and look again to figure out if they actually went full M rating there but no, her legs were together *BLUSH BLUSH BLUSHHH even saying that* ..and I assume that was very on-purpose.

I was also thinking with a bit of a wry grin "where's Land's famous ecstasy face when it actually matters?" LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    That was a fun ride. The banter is glorious, particularly the whip bit ("it was just a joke till you made it real and now people are curious"). I still don't like the art very much, though, too much same face. That tickling panel was hilarious, because I was actually like "did these absolute MADMEN actually put them fucking on page". Guess it was supposed to be ambiguous LOL Off to a good start, thank God for KT.
    The women's rounded/similar faces is the only thing about the art that truly bugs me but otherwise it's really nice. The series is going to have a youthful feel and although I enjoyed the art in R&G a lot it's nice to switch it up a little. I liked Kelly's take on the Mystique/Rogue thing (and their similar faces). Gambit looks really good at least.

The tickling scene is totally ambiguous and if you cover the left side of that frame and take away Rogue's laughing it is totally exactly that. Not that I did that or anything.

And yes, they're apparently super kinky but I think we already knew that. It's just nice to have it affirmed.
    Last edited by Romy Ship; 07-27-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    None of those comments were poisonous and I mostly agree with them.
    All were covert critics, nothing positive, even the opposite, and began to say that Gambit was secondary in his own book and marriage.

The anything in which Rogue is related, and Remy is not against it, for everything will be bad. He is an anti Tomy declared and all of us who follow the thread Gambit and Romy, we know.

The book was perfect, a very good start, there was fun action, romance, in addition to very sexy scenes without getting to the vulgar, Kelly did it again.

If you agree, it is your opinion, but I do not agree, and I think they are completely wrong, but everyone with their opinion.

Fantastic Member

I was out of the loop for some time, and this may have already happened, but I'd love to see R+G meet themselves from Earth-5311. Neither character was around when Kitty's Fairy Tale ran, and I can only imagine how much fun they'd be.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    LOL I thought that might have been you.
    My thoughts are... Distinct.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    All were covert critics, nothing positive, even the opposite, and began to say that Gambit was secondary in his own book and marriage.

The anything in which Rogue is related, and Remy is not against it, for everything will be bad. He is an anti Tomy declared and all of us who follow the thread Gambit and Romy, we know.

The book was perfect, a very good start, there was fun action, romance, in addition to very sexy scenes without getting to the vulgar, Kelly did it again.

If you agree, it is your opinion, but I do not agree, and I think they are completely wrong, but everyone with their opinion.
    remydat started off by saying it was a good start and a good issue for the reasons every one has said, and then went on to list constructive criticisms that I absolutely agree with. The issue was not perfect, but it was enjoyable and a good start to a story I'm still very much excited to read about.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Neither is "right" or "wrong." Neither is better than the other.

Hmm, wonder if it was Mystique posing as Kitty interrupting their fun for her own reasons...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
    Hmm, wonder if it was Mystique posing as Kitty interrupting their fun for her own reasons...
    Since it was legit intel I doubt it.....it actually makes it so much more meaningful that it's Kitty. They basically got the wedding she "should" of had

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    remydat started off by saying it was a good start and a good issue for the reasons every one has said, and then went on to list constructive criticisms that I absolutely agree with. The issue was not perfect, but it was enjoyable and a good start to a story I'm still very much excited to read about.

You have your opinion, I have mine. Neither is "right" or "wrong." Neither is better than the other.
    Only gave criticism, and started with the fact that Gambit is secondary when it is not.

He is an ati, and he DOES NOT HAVE REASON, everything that includes Rogue near Gambit for him is going to be wrong.

When a person is anti of a character (Rogue) or a couple (Romy), and in this case he is anti of both, because it can not be taken seriously.

Because it will always go to the same end, criticize it and be dissatisfied, however the issue has been pure gold, he will not be satisfied.

For Remydat to be happy would be for Remy to divorce Rogue, for example. HE DEDICATED ALL THE TIME TO DESTROY ROGUEANDGAMBIT MINI, criticizing the book, this is nothing new, when most love the book, he is an ati, if Rogue bothers him so much, or that he is with Gambit, he can simply ignore the book , true? XD
    Last edited by Omegarogue; 07-27-2018 at 09:31 AM.

I have mixed feelings about issue 1. I thought the art was nice but do not like the way Rogue looks or Mystique. The story was okay. The moments before the wedding treated Gambit so much better. Rogue had not one sweet moment like Gambit had with Storm and Laura. Really Bobby & Kurt, you are on the bride's side just cause you are not Gambit stans? I mean neither told Rogue she was beautiful or that they loved her. WTF?? This was a miss by KT who is usually strong.

I did not buy the Mystique bit.

I liked the sexy stuff and most of the banter. The action at the end gets good as well and definitely makes you want to read the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Only gave criticism, and started with the fact that Gambit is secondary when it is not.

He is an ati, and he DOES NOT HAVE REASON, everything that includes Rogue near Gambit for him is going to be wrong.

When a person is anti of a character (Rogue) or a couple (Romy), and in this case he is anti of both, because it can not be taken seriously.

Because it will always go to the same end, criticize it and be dissatisfied, however the issue has been pure gold, he will not be satisfied.

For Remydat to be happy would be for Remy to divorce Rogue, for example. HE DEDICATED ALL THE TIME TO DESTROY ROGUEANDGAMBIT MINI, criticizing the book, this is nothing new, when most love the book, he is an ati, if Rogue bothers him so much, or that he is with Gambit, he can simply ignore the book , true? XD
    As CC pointed out, I started off by saying it was a good start for the reasons already mentioned. I have no desire or obligation to repeat what others have already said. I focused on the things I didn't see a lot of people talking about.

If my posts bother you so much, you can simply ignore my posts, true? XD.

So perhaps stop being a hypocrite and take your own advice. Have a great weekend!
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    I have mixed feelings about issue 1. I thought the art was nice but do not like the way Rogue looks or Mystique. The story was okay. The moments before the wedding treated Gambit so much better. Rogue had not one sweet moment like Gambit had with Storm and Laura. Really Bobby & Kurt, you are on the bride's side just cause you are not Gambit stans? I mean neither told Rogue she was beautiful or that they loved her. WTF?? This was a miss by KT who is usually strong.

I did not buy the Mystique bit.

I liked the sexy stuff and most of the banter. The action at the end gets good as well and definitely makes you want to read the next issue.
    Yes it was really odd that Gambit's team made it obvious that they were there for Gambit but Rogue's team for some reason focused on them being salty over Gambit. Particularly when both Bobby and Nightcrawler have ample stories in the comics that would illustrate they are closer to Rogue than Gambit. The focus should have been on their relationship with Rogue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yes it was really odd that Gambit's team made it obvious that they were there for Gambit but Rogue's team for some reason focused on them being salty over Gambit. Particularly when both Bobby and Nightcrawler have ample stories in the comics that would illustrate they are closer to Rogue than Gambit. The focus should have been on their relationship with Rogue.
    Nightcrawler does say "I'm her brother!", and Bobby just brought up the topic to be like "It's not because I'm gay that I'm with the girls ok!!1". It's just humor. Obviously they don't really hate Gambit or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Nightcrawler does say "I'm her brother!", and Bobby just brought up the topic to be like "It's not because I'm gay that I'm with the girls ok!!1". It's just humor. Obviously they don't really hate Gambit or anything.
    Kelly even pointed that out in the interview and a tweet:
    https://twitter.com/79SemiFinalist/s...04978260570112