Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Is the forum stable again?

Obviously, I enjoyed the book greatly. I have just finished my fourth read of it in the space of one day. Some random thoughts:

1) The contrast between Teams Gambit and Rogue was interesting. Gambit had a smaller group, but they all seemed much closer and more like a family. Rogue had a larger group, but it was less personal and intimate.

2) I appreciated Rogue sticking up for Gambit constantly through the book. She's not been good at that the last few years, and it was refreshing to see her value him and their relationship.

3) My headcanon is that Kitty was totally peeking out from between her fingers. It will sustain her.

4) If it hadn't been for the mission, Gambit and Rogue would never have made it out of the bedroom. Ever. It's clear that they have really good sex, but also enjoy each other's company as people and friends.

5) Rogue's interactions with Mystique felt off, especially given the history she referenced in the issue. Even on her wedding day, she would not have been blissed up enough to forget about everything that she had done. Likewise, Bishop's return to the circle after his genocide spree felt unearned. However, it was a feel-good issue, and I was okay with it being lighter and happier.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words about the thread. I may be Romy trash, but, as one of my friends says, it's garbage CAN and not garbage CANNOT.

This issue was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. My only gripe is the one that others have brought up -- Mystique and the reaction to her. I can see her showing up, because she does that at pivotal moments in her children's lives (she crashed Kurt's homecoming party, too), but Rogue gave her too much of a pass for my taste.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I really enjoyed the character interactions they felt real, something missing from many X-comics. Had moderate expectations going in and thoroughly enjoyed the ride, though definitively would have had the "something blue" be Kurt. Mystique being there WITHOUT an ulterior motive was jarring, get the intent and sentiments. But even ignoring what's she's done last year the X-Men or Rogue shouldn't want her anywhere near them.

The ending was hilarious to me, of course Wade would interpret the honeymoon several planets away.
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 07-25-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    This issue was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it. My only gripe is the one that others have brought up -- Mystique and the reaction to her. I can see her showing up, because she does that at pivotal moments in her children's lives (she crashed Kurt's homecoming party, too), but Rogue gave her too much of a pass for my taste.
    Given how sudden the proposal was. The only conclusion you can draw is that she actually turned out for Kitty and Piotrs wedding not her daughter's

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Given how sudden the proposal was. The only conclusion you can draw is that she actually turned out for Kitty and Piotrs wedding not her daughter's
    That's true. Why was she there? Lol

I absolutely hate how they got married and feel badly for anyone who was invested in Kitty and Colossus but man this was an amazing first issue. I especially appreciated the letter in the back that described how she sees them as a couple and addressed how comics view marriage, that was something I really appreciated. This was the most fun I have reading an x-book in a long time. I really appreciated how they had rogue go over all of the manipulative and terrible things Mystique has done and while Raven showing up at the wedding is kinda weird she isn't exactly consistent in character so pretty much everything is in character for her as I see it. She may very well have been going to the wedding to ruin it but Kitty beat her to the punch.. I normally don't like to praise first issues too much but this went from a book I was interested in to a book that goes right to the top of my pull list, great job by all the creators involved. The only gripe I would have with the issue was the weird written dialogue with Nightcrawler and Iceman, that seemed a lot more like some awkward dialogue to serve as a way to make sure we were aware of what their status quo is as opposed to an actual conversation between two friends. That minor complaint aside this was a great first issue and as much as I can't believe I am saying it I am actually looking forward to a guest appearance by Deadpool. While I think Wade is a great character he has been written so badly lately that he is hard to take at times, although I have faith this creative will handle that well.
    Last edited by regg215; 07-25-2018 at 06:37 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Rogue and Mystique have an incredibly bizarre relationship. Sometimes they love each other, but they've literally tried to kill each other several times. Mystique is written so all over the board I never know what to think of her. She's definitely got some controlling/abusive tenancies, but in her not entirely logical way she usually means well? At least Rogue called her out on it a bit. But then both Mystique and Bishop were with Rogue and Gambit recently in Astonishing too and seemed generally at peace with each other then also. At any rate, it's no wonder Rogue has had trouble figuring out relationships with Mystique as a role model!

So trying to figure out how Remy would contact Carol Danvers - he had to have gone through Laura, right?

I had to laugh that Rogue was like "what do we do now?" and Remy was like . . . "Yeah I'm good with staying in bed for DAYS". Only because my hubs is more of a laid back, let's have a quiet relaxing vacation person and I'm all down for that until I hit the wall of "I'm all rested, can't sit still anymore, let's do stuff!" BUT I was glad to see her quickly change her mind for another round of . . . Tickling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    That's true. Why was she there? Lol
    Mystique shapeshifted into Magik in X-Men Gold and destroyed Kitty's wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Have you even read it? Rogue does mention all the terrible things she did. And why in the hell are you saying it's because "women aren't allowed to be villains anymore"?
    Let's be real though, the Mystique stuff made little sense. She has zero reason to crash Kitt and Piotr's wedding, she likely would never be that calm about Rogue marrying Gambit, it is unlikely that Rogue would just accept what she said, and even less likely that Gambit would be cool with it. I mean not only did Mystique try to screw Gambit as Foxx, it was heavily implied she basically tricked Gambit into having sex with her by posing as twins in AXM. Something Rogue was aware of because she was right there when she said it.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Let's be real though, the Mystique stuff made little sense. She has zero reason to crash Kitt and Piotr's wedding, she likely would never be that calm about Rogue marrying Gambit, it is unlikely that Rogue would just accept what she said, and even less likely that Gambit would be cool with it. I mean not only did Mystique try to screw Gambit as Foxx, it was heavily implied she basically tricked Gambit into having sex with her by posing as twins in AXM. Something Rogue was aware of because she was right there when she said it.
    Maybe KT is the ONE person acknowledging something from Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run. Near the end of the run, it was noted that Mystique's shapesifting made her crazy, and her brain was damn near scrambled from all the changing forms & identifies. Psylocke stabilized her mind. So maybe a more stable Mystique wouldn't be as disgusting as crazy Mystique. Psylocke mentioned that Mystique was still a ruthless killer, but stabilized, she'd never bother with Magneto.

A similar thing happened in Kelly's Deadpool run with Copycat. Also a blue shape-shifter. Her powers were enhanced by Weapon X, and she became even more crazy with the strengthening of her power. Mystique was resurrected by The Hand, with even stronger powers that may have made her crazy, hence why she suddenly starts sleeping with Sabretooth, despite finding him disgusting before. Maybe eventually mental damage is a side effect of shape-shifting mutants.

Just a thought. Though one that'll surely be forgotten with her in Weapon X-Force where she'll be a crazy psycho again.

BANNED

Rogue and Gambit are just really, really fun when the writer let's them be and Kelly Thompson really gets them.

Long may the three of this reign.

I love this book.

BANNED

Rogue and Gambit are just really, really fun when the writer let's them be and Kelly Thompson really gets them.

Long may the three of this reign.

I love this book.

Edit:loved it so much I had to post it twice.
    Last edited by Disciple of Redd; 07-25-2018 at 08:08 PM.

Is no one gonna talk about how they’re into really kinky sex??? First bondage and now whips??? GIRL

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    It is not stated directly. We just see Deadpool holding the egg. We are told it is dangerous, and the Imperial Guard are after it, so the most logical conclusion is that it is a Phoenix egg.
    You're probably right... but I'm also kinda hoping it's Wardbird's kid.

Excellent first issue, I like the art. The tones are very warm and though Rogue does look a little young, I feel like it has that glamour glow of a wedding which is very nice.

I do think Deadpool showing up is a little rushed as the plot couldn’t be fleshed out so much with the wedding flashbacks. Though I LOVE the wedding flashbacks and think they were wonderful. It’s great to see the x-men be the family that they are.