Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Doomsday Clock #6 give us some rumors about Diana in the one year later future.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

It's great to see 3 Wonder Rogues featured in this issue especially with Dr. Poison and Giganta sporting their iconic costumes! Keep it up Johns and Frank!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I have no idea what is happening in Doomsday Clock but boy is it nice to see her villains together in a larger context. It gives them wheight and importance. Is is worth to buy the previous issues and check that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    I have no idea what is happening in Doomsday Clock but boy is it nice to see her villains together in a larger context. It gives them wheight and importance. Is is worth to buy the previous issues and check that out?

While the first 5 issues were Watchmen heavy(and I'm not a Watchmen fan) they were really good. This issue really crossed into the DCU big time so perhaps this is the issue for you to start with.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Does this take place during Rebirth or is it part of the Post-Crisis universe? Because all three of them are wearing their 2003-ish outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Does this take place during Rebirth or is it part of the Post-Crisis universe? Because all three of them are wearing their 2003-ish outfits.
    Yeah. It feels like they might be pointing to there being some sort of a wrinkle there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It takes place one year in the future of the current series. It's supposed to be Rebirth's mistery's resolution.

Continuity issues are par for the course in anything involving Wonder Woman.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maru and Giganta can just be wearing different costumes than what we've seen in Rebirth so far. For Poison, Robinson already established that she is Dr. Poison as well as a Col. I like this look way better for her, but it doesn't require any continuity snarls. it's just a new look.

Does Psycho look significantly different here than he does elsewhere, recently?

Given the clusterfudge that this story has been in regards to its delays to the point that deadlines were actually put on the embargos it was causing on concepts such as Shazam and the Legion, its nearly impossible at this point to really be able to tell what, and to what degree, this story is going to have ramifications for anymore. And even the stuff it does have ramificaitons for, the question then pops up how long will it matter anyway with Snyder's major 2019 crossover (which is 99.9999% likely to be a Crisis) right around the corner afterwards?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

IDK...part of me thinks Johns and Frank are too smart and too detailed for many/most of the villains in that evil get together to be in their pre-DCnU costumes.

Doomsday Clock is supposed to be in DC's future, but is this indicative of universe-rebooting measures taken by Doctor Manhattan? I'm not sure where I'm at "temporally" with this series and the speculative fiction tropes at play.

Conversely, is Doomsday Clock being written to stand on it's own for TPB readers and be irrelevant to continuity - meaning a version of the most "iconic" costumes were used for the villains, compared to depictions of them on Prime Earth?

Hmmm...

Another thing i thought of: Cheetah isn't pictured with the Wonder-rogues. I don't think Johns would have left her out of this grouping unless he has bigger plans for her in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Another thing i thought of: Cheetah isn't pictured with the Wonder-rogues. I don't think Johns would have left her out of this grouping unless he has bigger plans for her in this story.
    I hope so.

What I found interesting about the collection of rogues assembled is that they aren't perhaps the most well known or most powerful, besides the Joker (for the former.) Arguments could be made against that though with Typhoon, Doctor Psycho, Giganta, Riddler and a few others in attendance.

It was more-or-less a United States citizenry of villains too, which makes sense given the metahuman arms race themes, which makes sense for the location.

Just tossing out some thoughts regarding things I noticed and pondering if any of it has any greater meaning in what Johns is saying and Doctor Manhattan is doing.

Also, it was weird to me that the Court of Owls was in attendance.

I like that Johns and Frank gave Giganta a dossier and are making her one of Black Adam's recruiters. I hope she has a big role in future issues.