View Poll Results: What did you think of the issue?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

13 38.24%
  • ★★★★

14 41.18%
  • ★★★

3 8.82%
  • ★★

2 5.88%
  • 2 5.88%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Great issue. It's nice to see a writer attempt to show off Diana's compassionate side, even if Mayfly's turn to good is unlikely to stick outside this issue.

Good to hear that a lot of folks enjoyed this issue.

Incredible Member

Wow. This sounds like an awesome individual story and a return to the heart of what makes Diana such a compelling and unique superhero.

Story-wise, I'd say this is excellent. A little on the slow side, but I think this was a story that needed to take its time. Only real complaint I have is the art: Diana is too doll-like and thin for my tastes, and no, I'm no talking about her breasts. The cover is stunning, though. I also think some of Diana's outfits (especially the UN one) put too much emphasis on sexy.

Amazing, honestly when this story opened with a call back to that one run wedged between Rucka and Robinson I thought it was going to be more blandness, but its legit good.

The only 'problem' is that Wonder Woman references a tournament she had to win to become Wonder Woman, an event that didn't take place in Rucka's origin story. I do think its a problem that creators are so confused now as to what Wonder Woman's origin story actually is. It's weird that people remember the tournament so fondly to because it wasn't in the live-action film either.

5 Stars, would be 6 if they kissed at the end.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Amazing, honestly when this story opened with a call back to that one run wedged between Rucka and Robinson I thought it was going to be more blandness, but its legit good.

The only 'problem' is that Wonder Woman references a tournament she had to win to become Wonder Woman, an event that didn't take place in Rucka's origin story. I do think its a problem that creators are so confused now as to what Wonder Woman's origin story actually is. It's weird that people remember the tournament so fondly to because it wasn't in the live-action film either.

5 Stars, would be 6 if they kissed at the end.
    Thanks for causing me to re-read WW 4, it was glorious but very sad. There was a contest in Rucka's story but Diana didn't have to wear a mask or defy her mother to enter it. My question was where the invisible jet in 51 came from? It dissolved shortly after Diana and Steve arrived in man's world. Still those hiccups don't negate how beautiful the issue was. It should be remembered and shown to future writers so that they too will understand Diana the way Steve Orlando does. It was everything I love about Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Thanks for causing me to re-read WW 4, it was glorious but very sad. There was a contest in Rucka's story but Diana didn't have to wear a mask or defy her mother to enter it.
    Right, I was miss remembering things too!
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

An interesting thing is Golden Age wonder woman didn't have to wear a mask in the newspaper comics yet she had to do it in the comics.

I gave it 3 stars on Wonder Woman's star-spangled briefs for showing us Diana the redeemer, a shout out to Astarte and kangas, and especially for the all-too-brief introduction of Inversion: The Inside-Out Man.

Orlando gets Diana and the complexity or her mission, personality, and voice - and for that I am thankful. Unlike the Dark Gods, I definitely felt for Mayfly and that definitely goes to prove that spending a little time with a villain and giving them an actual personality versus just an appearance and stock dialogue pays off wonderfully. (Can we please get the same and longer story arcs for Giganta and Angle Man or other C- and D-List foes like Inversion, Anton Unreal, Cyborgirl, The Mask, etc. They're simply waiting for some love and care.)

I like the close up depictions of the faces most, in regards to the art. The eyes and mouth displaying a lot of great emotions. Like kjn mentioned, Diana and Moon a little too thin for my tastes. I like a range of body sizes in my characters in my books, and typically enjoy a Diana that's portrayed a bit curvier and athletic. (Not that there is anything wrong with being thin, but when an artist approaches a lot of the characters in a Mike Turner-ish approach I tend to <sigh> heavily.)

The Wonder fashion parade over the visits was also a bit much to me. Or, it at least reminded me of the Wonder wear I'm not the most fond of. (To each their own on that front.)

Looking forward to where Orlando goes next. He's off to a more enjoyable start than the last few writers.

Some teasing from Orlando :

And something down the line, apparently.

So her eyes changed from blue to brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Are those the amazons of Bana-Mighdall?
    Loving the art btw

I think so. If I remember right, they'll invade Qurac in the coming arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Nice. AND, an invisible jet.