Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I feel like thats the problem her fans had with it
    I mean, I didn't really care that Emma was nothing but background material and the "fuel" for the conflict here. I understand that the issue was mostly focused on the O5's relationship with Magneto and what awaits in the future. Like others said, I was mostly annoyed because of how Bunn nerfed/jobbed Emma's Diamond Form.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Magneto's shield should have never broke that way. Since when is there ''flaws'' in his shield?

6/10 for the issue. Didnt really like what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    Magneto's shield should have never broke that way. Since when is there ''flaws'' in his shield?

could be due to whatever drug he was on. I hope that this issue is fixed.

Spectacular Member

Seems related to me

I think its possible that him being forced to kill those mutants is responsible for something horrible that will happen. I think Emma may be a villian in the future and he feels he needs to kill her in present day to prevent that horrible future. I guess we'll learn soon enough
    Magneto saw that he was indeed Xorneto hehehe

Or that Pietro and Wanda ARE his kids and Marvel’s meta-actions in a higher reality up the Spiral of Realities led to the Axis retcon (DC Multiversity style) tsk tsk tsk

Or Both

After all, what else could make him cry like that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yeah, I hope so too. Considering his feats in the past, it really doesnt make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not sure how that makes sense bc they said the MGH maxed out his powers so his shields should have been even stronger than normal. The X-men neutralized him too easily. I wish there was actual strategy used in doing it than a full on fight

Let's face it, everyone who isn't Jeen got nerfed for the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not Angel. He actually did something effective with his wings after flying around and flirting for 31 issues

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not Angel. He actually did something effective with his wings after flying around and flirting for 31 issues

Just checking in to toot my own whistle that I was right about magneto’s brief time travel plus the mgh being involved in his rampage.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post

Shapes and Structures have flaw points in them it makes sense.Just because another writer didn't approach that way does not mean it should not happen.Also another way of approaching it is think about a battery powered flashlight you have light on for hours what happens?The battery get weaker during this process and somewhere along the line the light gets weaker.It rarely approach in american superhero comics but you need fuel/stamina do things logical Magneto can't hold up a shield of the same strength an entire fight,Just like the flashlight it is going to get weaker.I don't really see an issue with it

Not sure how that makes sense bc they said the MGH maxed out his powers so his shields should have been even stronger than normal. The X-men neutralized him too easily. I wish there was actual strategy used in doing it than a full on fight
    Perhaps the MGH was starting to wear off. As the drugs were leaving his system, maybe he was on a come down that made his powers temporarily weaker. Or maybe he was so drugged out of his mind that he overlooked flaws in his shields that he other wise would not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Shapes and Structures have flaw points in them it makes sense.Just because another writer didn't approach that way does not mean it should not happen.Also another way of approaching it is think about a battery powered flashlight you have light on for hours what happens?The battery get weaker during this process and somewhere along the line the light gets weaker.It rarely approach in american superhero comics but you need fuel/stamina do things logical Magneto can't hold up a shield of the same strength an entire fight,Just like the flashlight it is going to get weaker.I don't really see an issue with it
    Or maybe this is the answer here. Usually modern comics don't show characters tiring out during a fight.

Cyclops has now officially been passed up in effectiveness by the team mascot. Can we get Chuck Austen back? It would be better than this.

You forgot Bloodstorm both of them seemed alright next to each other when Magneto made a take that.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

I see the shield issue as a flare-up due to MGH wherein it is not stable due to the output of power he is exhibiting. It might be possible that things are far more chaotic so the shield is showing gaps where they should not be had he not done a powerboost. Best thing I can think about but hey I am a fan with a no prize.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...