Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Whatever Magneto saw in the future, just from the dialogue seems completely separate from his issue with Emma. I don't think it's related at all
    Seems related to me

I think its possible that him being forced to kill those mutants is responsible for something horrible that will happen. I think Emma may be a villian in the future and he feels he needs to kill her in present day to prevent that horrible future. I guess we'll learn soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    My mind is blown to see people saying they thought this arc was pointless. It's the culmination of Magneto's entire character arc in the series, the culmination of the Jean/Magneto dynamic and the culmination of Blue's entire mission! It's probably the 'final' issue of Blue's core cast, with the next two issues focused on Magneto and the last two serving as an epilogue.

I thought this was a fantastic issue, much better than I was expecting really. Bunn really managed to show a Magneto at the edge of sanity who still read like the same character. That's tough! Most people could write Magneto, or write an insane person that looks like Magneto (looking at you Morrison), but it's something to have both. I'll admit to not being as blown away by 31 as I'd have liked but, when paired with this, I think it's a really great two-parter. It benefits from the swathes of continuity surrounding it, whilst also developing the characters in interesting ways. Magneto's fatherly love for the O5 was really quite moving at point. And, boy, is Iceman totally dead (or worse) in the Extermination future.

Also, just want to say that I totally called the next two issues being flashbacks to the future. I'm amazing and can see the future, please direct all your Uncanny questions to me.
    Not to mention the direct parallels between Xorneto and Magneto when facing off against versions of Jean and how they deal with that.

The possibility of hurting Jeen being the reason Magneto stops his attack was the tearjerker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Seems related to me

I think its possible that him being forced to kill those mutants is responsible for something horrible that will happen. I think Emma may be a villian in the future and he feels he needs to kill her in present day to prevent that horrible future. I guess we'll learn soon enough
    Why would Jeans comments about needing them both be factored in? That's just nonsensical.

And he ran to random time line when he fleed that's probably the only relation

It doesn't make sense for Jean to say that if that's the direction Bunn is headed

Also Magneto killing those mutants was his choice he's disarmed an entire team of X-Men in Fatal Attractions with less, Magneto is probably responsible for something horrible in the future and is trying to shirk blame by saying him killing those Mutants were the trigger for his downward spiral.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 07-25-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Not to mention the direct parallels between Xorneto and Magneto when facing off against versions of Jean and how they deal with that.

The possibility of hurting Jeen being the reason Magneto stops his attack was the tearjerker for me.
    Lol, the tear jerker for me was how bad the art was.

Fantastic Member

I'll admit that I liked this issue, and just about all of Blue, but the fact that it's getting cut off at 36 makes some of the story seem like it's been truncated to fit in before the endgame stuff.

I'm a little annoyed that Gold is getting a second annual and Blue is not.

Why would Jeans comments about needing them both be factored in? That's just nonsensical.

It doesn't make sense for Jean to say that if that's the direction Bunn is headed

Also Magneto killing those mutants was his choice he's disarmed an entire team of X-Men in Fatal Attractions with less
    I dont see what Jean's comment has to do with anything. She didnt say that to Magneto and she doesnt know what he saw

It was Magneto's choice and one he felt he needed to do in self defense. He was overpowered and weakened from his fight with Bastion, Sinister, Emma and Havok. Not to mention, he had just survived and explosion. He wasnt at the top of his game and would have died had he not fought back and fled
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-25-2018 at 05:14 PM.

I dont see what Jean's comment has to do with anything. She didnt say that to Magneto and she doesnt know what he saw
    She doesn't have to. The writer himself would be brainless to throw that in there if his direction was to go with what you said additionally, Magneto did not say the future was all Emma's fault. And he had plenty of opportunities.

Finally, Emma's probably not even in Extermination

Also Magneto killing those mutants was his choice he's disarmed an entire team of X-Men in Fatal Attractions with less, Magneto is probably responsible for something horrible in the future and is trying to shirk blame by saying him killing those Mutants were the trigger for his downward spiral.
    he didn't have a choice.

She doesn't have to. The writer himself would be brainless to throw that in there if his direction was to go with what you said additionally, Magneto did not say the future was all Emma's fault. And he had plenty of opportunities.

Finally, Emma's probably not even in Extermination
    Magneto didnt say anything. He cut himself off bc Bunn wanted to leave this mysterious until he answered that

Emma will be in Extermination. She will be in the future timeline that Magneto saw. This stuff is related. Bunn didnt just throw out random lines with no connection

It was Magneto's choice and one he felt he needed to do in self defense. He was overpowered and weakened from his fight with Bastion, Sinister, Emma and Havok. Not to mention, he had just survived and explosion. He wasnt at the top of his game and would have died had he not fought back and fled
    We have seen MaMagnetosurvive worse situations while weakened on panel. That last statement is not a fact just speculation and not backed by canon

Magneto didnt say anything. He cut himself off bc Bunn wanted to leave this mysterious until he answered that

Emma will be in Extermination. She will be in the future timeline that Magneto saw. This stuff is related. Bunn didnt just throw out random lines with no connection
    Magneto didn't say anything exactly. He blamed the O5 for not being on Earth and he blamed Emma for him making the choice of killing those mutants. He did not link either to the future.

That's a cover, there's no solicits or any of the other covers that show her. I doubt even Polaris shows up.

And once again Jeans comment doesn't fit that narrative

We have seen MaMagnetosurvive worse situations while weakened on panel. That last statement is not a fact just speculation and not backed by canon
    Magneto may have survived worse situations before but as it was written in MV by Bunn, he was in bad shape and would have been overpowered and killed had he not fought back. He made a comment about dying at the hands of Havok, Sinister and Bastion had he not taken the MGH to aid in his initial escape. The Maraurders were relentless and they had the backup of the dozens of mutants that were saved. That was the story that was told by his current writer. You can choose to ignore it if you dont like it but it is what it is

Magneto didn't say anything exactly. He blamed the O5 for not being on Earth and he blamed Emma for him making the choice of killing those mutants. He did not link either to the future.

That's a cover, there's no solicits or any of the other covers that show her. I doubt even Polaris shows up.

And once again Jeans comment doesn't fit that narrative
    No he didnt cb he didnt talk about the future. We only got a hint of it which again will be explained in the next issue.

Considering Magneto and Emma still have a very unresolved issue, it only makes logical sense that she will be involved in this. I can almost guarantee you she wasnt put on the cover just for the hell of it
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-25-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Magneto may have survived worse situations before but as it was written in MV by Bunn, he was in bad shape and would have been overpowered and killed had he not fought back. He made a comment about dying at the hands of Havok, Sinister and Bastion had he not taken the MGH to aid in his initial escape. The Maraurders were relentless and they had the backup of the dozens of mutants that were saved. That was the story that was told by his current writer. You can choose to ignore it if you dont like it but it is what it is
    That comment was made by Magneto. Not everything every character is factual. Especially when we have a history of canon to back it up.

If anything this reads as Magneto trying to shift the blame to the O5 and to Emma for his own actions. And possibly his actions that lead to Extermination. Hence the old bastard comment by the hooded figure in the preview for Extermination

No he didnt cb he didnt talk about the future. We only got a hint of it which again will be explained in the next issue.

Considering Magneto and Emma still have a very unresolved issue, it only makes logical sense that she will be involved in this. I can almost guarantee you she wasnt put on the cover just for the hell of it
    I think Bunn resolved his Emma story with that last panel in this issue. I doubt we will see her show up in any major role. Jeans comments about you need to work this out we need you hugs kind of seals it. And what about Polaris? They're probably only there as canon fodder

I think you're being far to optimistic to expect some sort of resolution between Emma and Magneto by issue 36 considering she is a very minor character throughout his run

That comment was made by Magneto. Not everything every character is factual. Especially when we have a history of canon to back it up.

If anything this reads as Magneto trying to shift the blame to the O5 and to Emma for his own actions. And possibly his actions that lead to Extermination. Hence the old bastard comment by the hooded figure in the preview for Extermination
    Possibly, but if he feels that Emma being dead is essential to save the future than his actions the past two issue make ALOT more sense bc it currently doesnt add up. Considering he is Bunn's favorite and has been writing him for years, Im gonna trust that he has a reason to rationalize this instead of him just being some cartoon villian for no valid reason

I think Bunn resolved his Emma story with that last panel in this issue. I doubt we will see her show up in any major role. Jeans comments about you need to work this out we need you hugs kind of seals it. And what about Polaris? They're probably only there as canon fodder

I think you're being far to optimistic to expect some sort of resolution between Emma and Magneto by issue 36 considering she is a very minor character throughout his run
    Emma inconsequential. Its all about Magneto and his character development and I do think she will be used here as a plot device to further that