Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I thought Psylocke was just screwing with Sapphire's perceptions making her think Psylocke was dead...and I'm not sure about shattering Sapphire's body since the next cover has them both embodied and alive.

They aren't going to do a permanent body swap in a mini like this. Kwannon had telepathic abilities and Spiral used a mix of magic and science to do the swap. Her British body is dead and needs to stay dead...at this point she's been Japanese longer than she was British as a character this is how she's known and this is her copyright
    She’s still British. You mean she’s been Asian longer than she’s been White.

Regarding bodyswapping, Marvel can do whatever they want with her, regardless of whether it’s a good idea or not, so I wouldn’t rule anything out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    She’s still British. You mean she’s been Asian longer than she’s been White.

Regarding bodyswapping, Marvel can do whatever they want with her, regardless of whether it’s a good idea or not, so I wouldn’t rule anything out.
    You know what I meant. She's been shown in Kwannon's Japanese body longer than she had been shown in Elizabeth Braddock's white body in the comics.

Marvel can do...but it's not going to happen in a mini like this. Something like that demands at the very least it's own cover and since she isn't in a line up for another book it'd be really really odd to switch her body and then just leave something that major just dangling.
    Last edited by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost; 07-27-2018 at 09:09 AM.

I thought Psylocke was just screwing with Sapphire's perceptions making her think Psylocke was dead...and I'm not sure about shattering Sapphire's body since the next cover has them both embodied and alive.

They aren't going to do a permanent body swap in a mini like this. Kwannon had telepathic abilities and Spiral used a mix of magic and science to do the swap. Her British body is dead and needs to stay dead...at this point she's been Japanese longer than she was British as a character this is how she's known and this is her copyright
    I mean she's been Japanese longer than she's been white.

Marvel can do...but you have to agree it's not going to happen in a mini like this. Something like that demands at the very least it's own cover.

Well covers can be misleading but seriously looking at the sollicits (which can also be misleading) for the next issue:

"ONE OF THE X-MEN IS CHANGED FOREVER!

Past and present clash in final battle on an island of secrets and sin! What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx? Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?"

I wouldn't be surprised if the next issue begins with a flashback of what happened to Psylocke after she was captured, what's the deal with this "Patch" and how Betsy managed to fight back against Sapphire. Zub teased a long time ago that something big is going to happen in the 4th issue.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/999029502587166721

There is also a spoiler variant for the last issue that has yet to be revealed.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1022868681825705984

I guess we'll see what's going to happen

I would love Lord Dark Wind to come back to the living for good and become a real X-Men villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Well covers can be misleading but seriously looking at the sollicits (which can also be misleading) for the next issue:

"ONE OF THE X-MEN IS CHANGED FOREVER!

Past and present clash in final battle on an island of secrets and sin! What darkness lies within Sapphire Styx? Can a ghost from the past save Psylocke from oblivion?"

I wouldn't be surprised if the next issue begins with a flashback of what happened to Psylocke after she was captured, what's the deal with this "Patch" and how Betsy managed to fight back against Sapphire. Zub teased a long time ago that something big is going to happen in the 4th issue.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/999029502587166721

There is also a spoiler variant for the last issue that has yet to be revealed.

https://twitter.com/JimZub/status/1022868681825705984

I guess we'll see what's going to happen
    Also the regular cover for issue 4 doesn’t show her face or hair, you just see her hands. What’s the point of that? It’s like they’re trying to hide what she looks like because she looks different, her appearance is the spoiler.

We’ve seen upcoming art teases with Bishop, Jubilee and Storm, but none with Psylocke. That just reinforces my belief that they’re trying to hide her because she looks different.

Maybe Revanche is back somehow...

BANNED

You know what I meant. She's been shown in Kwannon's Japanese body longer than she had been shown in Elizabeth Braddock's white body in the comics.

Marvel can do...but it's not going to happen in a mini like this. Something like that demands at the very least it's own cover and since she isn't in a line up for another book it'd be really really odd to switch her body and then just leave something that major just dangling.
    The final issue has a classified variant, similar to Gold #30.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I would love Lord Dark Wind to come back to the living for good and become a real X-Men villain.
    Could be a nice Wolverine or Psylocke villain.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Could be a nice Wolverine or Psylocke villain.
    I agree, I think the character has a lot of potential, he's supposed to be the guy who invented the adamantium bonding process and there is a lot of mystery surrounding him that could give us some great stories

Also the regular cover for issue 4 doesn’t show her face or hair, you just see her hands. What’s the point of that? It’s like they’re trying to hide what she looks like because she looks different, her appearance is the spoiler.

We’ve seen upcoming art teases with Bishop, Jubilee and Storm, but none with Psylocke. That just reinforces my belief that they’re trying to hide her because she looks different.
    You're right something is strange with the cover of issue 4 and with the lack of information regarding Psylocke's future (I still think she will be in Uncanny X-Men). A new look would make sense and could give Psylocke a new fresh start
    I'm not sure how Psylocke's fans would react if something like that happen though.

I don’t think a new look would actually give her a fresh start. But lots of people like to pretend like it does and that’s all that matters to Marvel.

If Psylocke does change bodies again, it’t not going to make me love the character more or less. People put way too much importance in her appearance/body/race and treat one body like it’s inherently superior to the other and I find that all very dissappointing, but so be it.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-27-2018 at 10:31 AM.

BANNED

It'd be weird to do anything with her now and then throw her into limbo. Maybe it isn't physical. Maybe she'll keep seeing patch until they meet up with Wolverine again. I think he was having delusions when he met up with her and Jubilee after she had been switched. Maybe Psylocke plays more of a role after they reveal Soteira/Persephone?

It'd be weird to do anything with her now and then throw her into limbo. Maybe it isn't physical. Maybe she'll keep seeing patch until they meet up with Wolverine again. I think he was having delusions when he met up with her and Jubilee after she had been switched. Maybe Psylocke plays more of a role after they reveal Soteira/Persephone?
    Do we know she’s going into Limbo? She might be in the new Uncanny.

Worst case scenario, she may be getting killed off for real and that’s the spoiler for issue 4. I know someone said that she Storm and Jubilee would appear in a book together, but for all we know they could’ve just been talking about their guest appearance in Mr. and Mrs. X #1. Soule or whoever said that there are plans for Psylocke, but those plans could just be killing her off.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-27-2018 at 10:52 AM.

Yeah, Ive seen the Dodson variant if anyone wants to know
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Yeah, Ive seen the Dodson variant if anyone wants to know
    What does it look like?

BANNED

Do we know she’s going into Limbo? She might be in the new Uncanny.

Worst case scenario, she may be getting killed off for real and that’s the spoiler for issue 4. I know someone said that she Storm and Jubilee would appear in a book together, but for all we know they could’ve just been talking about their guest appearance in Mr. and Mrs. #1. Soule or whoever said that there are plans for Psylocke, but those plans could just be killing her off.
    I'd rather Soule NOT have his hands on her...he did next to nothing with and for her in Astonishing.

Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke, and Rogue would be good fun. Colossus, Dazzler, Havok are in the new Astonishing....it'd also be like another Outback team.