Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saga # 54

So cruel, both the ending and now massive wait to see what's next. At least they've guaranteed the majority of their readers will jump back on when they return.

I knew what was going to happen as soon as Marko dropped the shield. I knew it. And then I turned the page and it still caught me off guard.

The follow up scene...the flashback with Marko and Hazel...that got me though. Just the casual portrayal of him picking up one of her feathers and tucking it into his book before running off to play with her...that was rough.

And The Will...****, I used to pull for the guy....now he’s like the main villain. Quite a turn.

I’ll miss this book during the hiatus, but I’ve no doubt of its return. It’ll be a long wait, though.

Still dwelling on this issue.

At it’s most basic, I can’t help but look at the first page and the last page and make the connection. Marko’s parents used to hit him when he was a kid....he dies young.

Marko decides as a parent not to ever hit Hazel, and we know she gets to live to old age.

Marko was taught that violence is a solution to problems. That “did a real number on him.” Ultimately, his past violent actions are what get him killed.

His decision to teach Hazel a different way...to “treat everyone you meet with kindness” is what’s going to save her. So many characters in this book are caught up in an unending cycle of violence...Marko decided to end that cycle, and his example will help Hazel make it.

What a great book.

Fantastic Member

A year hiatus , going to be though to continue being interested in book .