Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    It already has been, on warner archive.
    I wish they would put them on something like MeTV or Heroes & Icons. MeTV had Land of The Lost (the original) on for a year or two. Similar live action show like Shazam or ISIS. And H.R.Puffinstuff. The Federal Government demands there be a lot of educational TV on Saturday mornings now. Killing off a chance for cartoons and shows like this. Ancient and decrepit laws. Made obsolete by whole networks full of cartoons and 300 channels. Leftover from the "violence scares" days. It prevents this type of programming that should be on nostalgia channels Saturday morning. I'd watch Shazam over a cup of java awakening on Saturday (if I got my butt out of bed on time.) Even if I had to see the "Ants In His Pants" commercial public service announcement teaching kids to brush and the one teaching their parents how to bring up drugs or the one with Henry Rollins revving up his car at a volume, a level or two, too loud. Instead we have "Educational TV on a channel no kids watch. Or almost none. Perfect fit for Shazam though.

Filmation did a more faithful version with the cartoon.

And it's spin-off.

And don't forget the archies--oops they lost the rights halfway through making the show and redid the looks just a little--I mean hero high. Shazam and isis showed up in some episodes of hero high.

Quote Originally Posted by Custodes View Post
    I wish they would put them on something like MeTV or Heroes & Icons. MeTV had Land of The Lost (the original) on for a year or two. Similar live action show like Shazam or ISIS. And H.R.Puffinstuff. The Federal Government demands there be a lot of educational TV on Saturday mornings now. Killing off a chance for cartoons and shows like this. Ancient and decrepit laws. Made obsolete by whole networks full of cartoons and 300 channels. Leftover from the "violence scares" days. It prevents this type of programming that should be on nostalgia channels Saturday morning. I'd watch Shazam over a cup of java awakening on Saturday (if I got my butt out of bed on time.) Even if I had to see the "Ants In His Pants" commercial public service announcement teaching kids to brush and the one teaching their parents how to bring up drugs or the one with Henry Rollins revving up his car at a volume, a level or two, too loud. Instead we have "Educational TV on a channel no kids watch. Or almost none. Perfect fit for Shazam though.
    I wonder if that’s why saturday morning tv is pretty much dead now...🤔

Spectacular Member

Yeah its cheesy, but as an 7 or 8 year old I loved it. And there is no contest Bostwick the better Cap. Apparently he lost his job because of a salary dispute. He had a neck injury and was off the set for a few days and when he returned Davy was in the costume. I always thought it was interesting that Billy was only supposed to turn into Cap when it was "absolutely necessary". There was even a debate about whether he should become cap to help change a flat tire on the RV! let's keep that already bare Sfx budget low.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Filmation did a more faithful version with the cartoon.

I remember the live action show, but I have no idea why I never saw this cartoon as a kid...

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I remember the live action show, but I have no idea why I never saw this cartoon as a kid...
    It was only on the air briefly during 1981, but for what it's worth, it was pretty good. I really captured the look and spirit of the classic Fawcett comics well.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder if that’s why saturday morning tv is pretty much dead now...��
    The big three networks are always saying, they don't know what to put on Saturday, all day. No one watches especially in the afternoon. After the kids nature and history shows. We used to have Conjunction Junction and stuff like that, between station breaks.There are often a lot of infomercials, all afternoon now. Educational TV can be a drag. It seem so out dated a rule to me. Like it was created just after it was no longer needed. I miss the Sugar Smacks, Sugar Frosted Flakes, Sugar Pops, Sugar Checks, Sugar Rice Krinckles ...Mom used to allow only Life, Wheaties, Cheerios, corn flakes but, I liked the commercials. Trix Are For Kids. I had to explain to my nieces and nephews about Saturday Morning Cartoons. When I asked them what they watched they didn't know what I meant. At least they brought back Frankenberry, and Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy. Remember all the toys that could kill or main you. :-) Jarts, Easy Bake Ovens, Creepy Crawlers, the toy guns...sigh. My chemistry set alone could have poisoned have the block. The good ol' days. Full sized GI Joes. Rock em Sock em Robots, I think they had crude Shazam, Isis dolls (or action figures). I had Spidey and Cap though. You can buy some on MeTVs website, I think. Ugly things but, I was happy with them. Plus Cap's shield was something you could throw.