Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Zilch. I don't think this annual serves any role in Gold's narrative at all. Instead, it's just a tryout for writer Seanan McGuire. Marvel must've liked it because they already gave her the Spider-Gwen ongoing.
    Well it serves the purpose of being more Kittycentric stories as if this book needed more of her overshadowing the other characters. Because why would we want a story about literally any of the other teammates when we can get more Kitty?

This is just more Kitty wank.

The story is not bad but at the same time it has nothing really relevant to the character's story or any deeper meaning.

A fan of Kitty or new readers will probably enjoy it but it's basically a story about teenagers dealing with bullying and bigots a typical X-men story.

The fact that the mutant teen sees the x gene as something that should not be passed on to the next generation or that mutants can not get together and have relationships seemed to me offensive in a certain way but on the other hand within the context of the marvel universe is understandable.

Complete and utter waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well it serves the purpose of being more Kittycentric stories as if this book needed more of her overshadowing the other characters. Because why would we want a story about literally any of the other teammates when we can get more Kitty?
    oh my god. the butthurt

Fantastic Member

No one is really talking about it because it was such an irrelevant comic. It didn’t include a female/female kiss like people at one point hoped due to the male character’s hairstyle looking feminine in the previews, and the story itself doesn’t really matter much. The kiss also doesn’t really matter, seeing as how she barely knew the boy anyway. Almost seems like it was included more to advertise the book as “kitty’s first kiss” since there was little else to mention from the book and without it, it would be completely mundane.

Like the rest of gold after 30’s awful twist, it just doesn’t really matter. The art was okay, but it’s inconsistent with how kitty’s hair was rather wavy/curly in her younger years and during that time.

I feel bad for Kitty Pryde fans.

Now all I want is to see Asher O'the Wisps again, and see what he's become, if anything. Of course, odds are he died in one of the two or three dozen extinction level events/genocides of the last few years, so...

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

This wasn't even a good story. No fun. No adventure. No romance. No excitement. Nothing... except a lot of cliches. It doesn't even feel like Kitty and makes zero sense chronologically.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

It's truly depressing that even a Hugo award-winning woman can't come up with any Kitty stories besides "Kitty learns a valuable lesson about bigotry" and "Kitty kisses some dude".

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What the hell were people expecting? Welcome to my world.

dfg1.jpg

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What the hell were people expecting? Welcome to my world.

dfg1.jpg

It was a good story on it's own. Like.........that's it, though. Seanan McGuire had to deal with the cards she was dealt, but she will no doubt ace that Mystique one-shot.

But I'm just wondering what the hell the variant cover was for?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    It was a good story on it's own. Like.........that's it, though. Seanan McGuire had to deal with the cards she was dealt, but she will no doubt ace that Mystique one-shot.

But I'm just wondering what the hell the variant cover was for?
    It’s really not, though. On its own it’s a story about a girl who comes to camp just to realize she doesn’t fit in with her friends like she used to, she gets yelled at a boy that she then kisses, and she steals some stuff from some jerk counselors. None of it connects to anything outside the story, either.

It reeks of marvel having no idea what to do with their own character. Even showing her when she first discovered her powers and the fear of phasing prior to going to xavier’s Would have made for a more character introspection. This is just a story about a nothing summer camp with nothing support characters we already know we won’t see again.
    Last edited by Anchorsify; 08-11-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Now all I want is to see Asher O'the Wisps again, and see what he's become, if anything. Of course, odds are he died in one of the two or three dozen extinction level events/genocides of the last few years, so...
    Wanda: "No More Mutants"

Asher: "My ears! They're not pointy any more! I can finally cut my hair!"

A few years later...

"Hahaha, Mothervine will bring back mutant dominance!"

"Noooo! My ears! What's happ..... DIE!!!" (he's mind-controlled, and forms a wisp which ends up exploding like one of Gambit's cards)

(Magneto blasts him to death)

I'm sure you can guess which arcs that's referring to.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman