View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate X-Men bad guy?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apocalypse

13 23.21%
  • Mister Sinister

4 7.14%
  • Bastion/Nimrod/Master Mold

1 1.79%
  • William Stryker

0 0%
  • Magneto

27 48.21%
  • Hellfire Club

0 0%
  • Reavers

0 0%
  • Stryfe

0 0%
  • Dark Beast

0 0%
  • Cassandra Nova

4 7.14%
  • Onslaught

0 0%
  • Other (Specify)

7 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who is the Ultimate X-Men Villain?

Who is the biggest of the bigs, the baddest of the bads, the one among all others that the X-Men look upon as their biggest foe?

Apocalypse

Argument for: What is there left to say? An evil from the earliest tenats of history, once described by Charles Xavier as the "Living Embodiment of Evil", destroyed worlds, realities, and has generally been a world class thorn in the side of every good guy since forever.

Argument against: Sort of dead at the moment, and has been for a while. Subjected to the Worf Effect heavily before his demise.

Mister Sinister

Argument for: Tortures, experiments, and ruins mutant lives as a job. A psychopathic mastermind of terror and carnage, and always a threat no matter when he pops up. Tends to stay dead even less than most.

Argument against: Less an "X-Men" villain, and more a terror of the Summers and Grey family lines.

William Stryker

Argument for: Debateably the most hate-filled individual, a preacher using his pulpit to torment, torture, and lead assaults on innocent mutants.

Argument against: Not really dangerous on his own merits. Also came down with a nasty case of dead.

Nimrod/Master Mold/Bastion

Argument for: For the longest time was the apex predator of mutants. The lengths to which it took mutants to kill a single Nimrod is frightening. Bastion encompassed the worst of both.

Argument against: Bastion ate the nerf bat at some point, and has been progressively less powerful in each appearance since his debut.

Magneto

Argument for: the most iconic X bad guy, has done more damage than just about anyone else

Argument against: Not really been a bad guy (at worst morally gray) for about a decade now.
    So what are your thoughts. Someone here? Someone not on the list?
    Last edited by PsychoEFrost; 08-10-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Ultimate X-Men was in an alternate universe. I would say their main adversary was probably Magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    Ultimate X-Men was in an alternate universe. I would say their main adversary was probably Magneto.
    I meant "Ultimate" as in its literal definition, not the actual "Ultimate" series.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Marvel Editorial?

For real though, it should be a properly-written Apocalypse.

Humans, obviously. And/or Sublime.

1) Humanity featuring Sentinals

2) Magneto

3) Apocalypse

4) Mystique, Sabretooth and the Brotherhood

5) Sinister

6) Sabretooth

7) Hellfire Club

8) Stryfe

9) Cassandra Nova

10) Shadow King & Juggernaut (tie)
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

I knew I missed someone. I meant to put Bolivar Trask and his Sentinels on the poll. Crap.

Spectacular Member

Baseline humans

From the list: Magneto.
    Otherwise: Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Not my fave but Nova was by far the most effective

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Magneto is the most iconic adversary through the media and has had really good stories but he has also been a hero for so long its difficult to call him a villain (at least form me)

then we have Cassandra Nova, she is pure evil and a really good villain but underused. (also not many writers know how to user correctly)

I cast my vote for Apocalypse, sure he is a bit cliche sometimes but when property written he can be really good.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I clicked Other = Prejudice/Fear/Bigotry
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Certainly humanity or perhaps it is better to say a portion of humanity many of the tragedies linked to mutants happened because humanity succumbed to fear, hatred and prejudice.

Now if have to choose a villain from the X-mens gallery:

I think Apocalypse would be the answer as something that can not be defeated definitely it is in essence an imperative of evolution and survival of the fittest.

Or Sentinels which includes Nimrod, Master Mold and Bastion they are the version of Ultron applied to the X-mens an killer machine capable of gaining consciousness and evolving inevitably will one day be able to enslave humanity and eradicate mutants if not stopped.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Certainly humanity or perhaps it is better to say a portion of humanity many of the tragedies linked to mutants happened because humanity succumbed to fear, hatred and prejudice.

Now if have to choose a villain from the X-mens gallery:

I think Apocalypse would be the answer as something that can not be defeated definitely it is in essence an imperative of evolution and survival of the fittest.

Or Sentinels which includes Nimrod, Master Mold and Bastion they are the version of Ultron applied to the X-mens an killer machine capable of gaining consciousness and evolving inevitably will one day be able to enslave humanity and eradicate mutants if not stopped.
    Good points how Apocalypse's themes tie in well with the X-Men overall

As do the various types of Sentinels of course, although then we are essentially just saying "Bigoted Humans" as well, since Sentinels are their proxies/tools
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

The ultimate X-Men villains of all times are hack writers! Want proof? Just look at the current X-Men stories and what the books have been like in general over the last decade.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-10-2018 at 06:36 PM.