View Poll Results: How should mutants be integrated into the MCU?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • A hidden society of mutants are revealed to the world.

    32 32.99%
  • Experiments.

    2 2.06%
  • Snapping into existence in the Infinity Gauntlet.

    18 18.56%
  • Recent spontaneous evolution. (a few in the beginning, and more come with time).

    26 26.80%
  • Other

    19 19.59%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 200
  1. #106
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LegendOfTheAngryBlonde View Post
    I think the best way to go is to have them already exist, just not organized.
    Exactly.

    And just introduce them like other characters, one at a time. When enough of them are introduced, then we have our new X-men movies.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  2. #107
    Mighty Member Coin Biter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It is probably the trolliest thing I have ever said.
    And I bit too. The shame

  3. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    And I bit too. The shame
    Hey, someone had to.

  4. #109
    Mighty Member Custodes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,041

    Default

    Reintegration. Now!

    One Marvel. One Universe.

  5. #110
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,228

    Default

    Using Wanda to pull a "No, MORE mutants!" is still a surprisingly popular suggestion on the internet. I honestly don't see any reason why you can't just say they've already been there, and that they're just finally starting to attract attention by the time of whatever X-Men movie comes along.

  6. #111
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    Using Wanda to pull a "No, MORE mutants!" is still a surprisingly popular suggestion on the internet. I honestly don't see any reason why you can't just say they've already been there, and that they're just finally starting to attract attention by the time of whatever X-Men movie comes along.
    Because even one Mutant should attract plenty of attention. Even if it's just a guy that can breath underwater.

  7. #112
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Because even one Mutant should attract plenty of attention. Even if it's just a guy that can breath underwater.
    So should magic. But you know how they introduced magic to the MCU. "By the way, magic's real now. Here's a movie about it."

    Same thing with an advanced country, and yet we're still asked to believe that the Wakandans were able to hide their advancements from the entire world for a couple centuries or so.

  8. #113
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,083

    Default

    Ultimate Universe, do something to activate the x gene rapidly.

  9. #114
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Because even one Mutant should attract plenty of attention. Even if it's just a guy that can breath underwater.
    Not necessarily. There was a Sanctorium in New York with Magic weilders living in it likely for some time and no one seemed to notice. They just weren't overtly playing super hero out in public like Strange did. Provided the mutants for the most part kept their heads down, they can avoid attracting attention.


    Until Jessica Jones killed Purple Man and Luke Cage fought Cotton Mouth, both of them were able to largely stay under the radar. Provided they look "normal" enough and avoid major incidents, we can just assume some mutants were doing the same thing.

  10. #115
    Mighty Member Coin Biter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    1,625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Because even one Mutant should attract plenty of attention. Even if it's just a guy that can breath underwater.
    A handful of powerful mutants exist who are in hiding, or are government agents, or are extremely public (but no-one would associate them with mutation). They’ve always existed throughout history, but are small in number, and regarded as legendary monsters or magicians.

    There is a tipping point - increase in background radiation because of weapon testing, or as a result of something that has been going on in the current storylines - and the number of incidents reported increases exponentially. Public concern about the fact that your kids, or your kids friends, could turn out to be mutants, begins to mount, possibly exarcebated by prominent disasters, and anti-mutant incidents increase/legislation gets passed. The hidden, older, mutants begin to emerge as leaders of one kind or another.

    That’s pretty much how it’s worked previously And a couple of movies in you can introduce as many older mutants as you like, and no-one can be bothered to ask questions.

  11. #116
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Not necessarily. There was a Sanctorium in New York with Magic weilders living in it likely for some time and no one seemed to notice. They just weren't overtly playing super hero out in public like Strange did. Provided the mutants for the most part kept their heads down, they can avoid attracting attention.
    A small handful of adults who stay indoors don't attract the same kind of attention than an entire minority group who randomly and unpredictably start exhibiting powers.

    Until Jessica Jones killed Purple Man and Luke Cage fought Cotton Mouth, both of them were able to largely stay under the radar. Provided they look "normal" enough and avoid major incidents, we can just assume some mutants were doing the same thing.
    Killgrave's power set is like tailor-made to keep as low a profile as he wants to. All Cage has to do to not get noticed is to not use his powers. Mutants often don't even have the option to not use their powers. And they're not going to be isolated events caused by mad science either.

  12. #117
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    19,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    A handful of powerful mutants exist who are in hiding, or are government agents, or are extremely public (but no-one would associate them with mutation). They’ve always existed throughout history, but are small in number, and regarded as legendary monsters or magicians.

    There is a tipping point - increase in background radiation because of weapon testing, or as a result of something that has been going on in the current storylines - and the number of incidents reported increases exponentially. Public concern about the fact that your kids, or your kids friends, could turn out to be mutants, begins to mount, possibly exarcebated by prominent disasters, and anti-mutant incidents increase/legislation gets passed. The hidden, older, mutants begin to emerge as leaders of one kind or another.

    That’s pretty much how it’s worked previously And a couple of movies in you can introduce as many older mutants as you like, and no-one can be bothered to ask questions.
    This is pretty much my own proposal, except I like the Infinity Stones tomfoolery as the catalist.

    What the posters I respond to would like is for all of the Mutants to have been secretly in the MCU all along. They just have been very, very quiet, even the evil ones who like to genocide humanity.

  13. #118
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    This is pretty much my own proposal, except I like the Infinity Stones tomfoolery as the catalist.

    What the posters I respond to would like is for all of the Mutants to have been secretly in the MCU all along. They just have been very, very quiet, even the evil ones who like to genocide humanity.
    I like this idea as well. As we will all hopefully see the remaining Avengers reverse course from the first Infinity War movie, it would be an opportune time to introduce the mutants as the dust settles.

  14. #119
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    13,579

    Default

    I'd think that if they decide they want to bring the mutants into the MCU the easiest way to do it (as others already said) would be to say that there have always been "some" mutants with an active X-gene like Charles and Erik, but they've always been few and far between. That helps sell the idea that they've gone unnoticed, and it explains (at least in part) why villains like Magneto haven't already made their move.

    But after Infinity War (and whatever reality-altering shenanigans Avengers 4 gets into) more mutants are activated as a result. And Charles and Erik have to step up their cold war and start actively recruiting these new mutants. Honestly, I don't think they even need to explain it that much. We've accepted that there was always magic and Wakanda, we've accepted that there were heroes in the 80's and 90's no one remembers. We've accepted that there were small tribes of Inhumans living in secret. We've accepted that there were mystic-handed warrior monks dating back decades, if not centuries. Mutants isn't much more of a leap. But if there has to be a rationale behind it, "Infinity gauntlet foolishness" is as good as it gets.

    But I'd still be quite happy to see the X-Men remain on their own world. I think it'd benefit the mutants more. I think there's plenty of ways to deal with interdimensional travel already so getting the X-Men together with the Avengers isn't really a major hurdle. And I think that using the multiverse like that opens up the doors for more stuff like the Captain Britain Corps, the Exiles, Spider-Verse, etc.
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Ruins of Genosha
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    It's kinda easy.A voice states that nature itself is a mutation. We go back millions of years and show genetic mutation happening on the cellular level. We cut to a woman being worshipped as a Goddess her name is Selene. Narration (possible from Sublime) explains that the mutation continues to develop with humanity.Some of these beings were looked at as legends and extradinary beings.2000 BC Egypt a sarcophagus is buried into a tomb with the inscription En Saba Nur on it.

    The narration continues explaining how some discover the mutation and begin to experiment on it. 19th century England we see a scientist ( Mr. Sinister) experimenting on a young man in a cage. Next we get a montague of Logan serving in WW2 with Cap and him being experimented on.

    The narration spoken by Prof X explains how over the years the mutation still occurs randomly and is associated with urban myths and unexplained phenomenon. We skip to now and show a mutant at a farmers market losing control of her powers and causing the vegetation to rot.

    Basically Marvel would introduce mutants on a small scale thru out the world scattered. The existence on mutants is not common knowledge. World governments know of the existence of the mutation dubbed the "X-Gene" but are not 100% sure what has caused it.We see people converse on air that implications of having the X-Gene. Stories surface of certain people some young having trouble with their abilities once they manifest causing some accidents and problems.

    With few answers to how address the issue some take advantage of the situation and use it to form a opinion of fear and hatred against those that carry the X-gene. We cut to scenes of Rev Stryker preaching to a congregation. Bolivar Trask is shown looking at blue prints of a Sentinel.


    This way Marvel can control the amount of mutants that appear on screen so that the X-men don't have the same problems that caused Marvel to do House Of M.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •