View Poll Results: How should mutants be integrated into the MCU?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • A hidden society of mutants are revealed to the world.

32 32.99%
  • Experiments.

2 2.06%
  • Snapping into existence in the Infinity Gauntlet.

18 18.56%
  • Recent spontaneous evolution. (a few in the beginning, and more come with time).

26 26.80%
  • Other

19 19.59%
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Default How should mutants be integrated into the MCU?

After years of establishing a world of Marvel characters and stories, how do you think they should go about introducing mutants into the world?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like the idea of them being hidden doing things under the radar with the support of the government. this actually aligns with canon as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I don't think they should be. Thematically they've never fit in with the Marvel Universe. They are best kept in their own universe, even post-company-merge.

A disillusioned Charles Xavier decided to hide mutants from the world with his telepathy after years of attacks and losing his original team to Krakoa. The new batch of mutants he takes in (which would a mix of mutants we know and love) are against hiding any longer and help restore his hope that humanity will learn to accept mutants. So they decide to out mutants to the world by the end of the film.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

A parallel universe where mutants - rather than The Avengers - were the first superpowered people to get widely exposed to the public, and it was a massive disaster, so that explains why mutants are hated and feared in this universe.

I think this is the best way to keep the whole 'hated and feared' thing that's essential to the X-Men, and avoid a clash with the MCU's generally positive outlook on superpowered people.

Voted for "Other" because I'd rather not see mutants in the current MCU at all.

I've always felt like there was a substantial divide between the X-corner of the MU and the rest of the universe. It feels like there's two Marvel universes; the one with the Avengers and Spidey, and then the one the mutants come from. And while individual guest spots and stories might work just fine, overall I don't feel like they actually mesh all that well. And I dont think the movies will do a better job making it feel cohesive.

The X-Men being on their own, in their own setting, feels right to me.

Even if Disney does get the movie rights (its not finalized yet) that doesn't mean the X-Men have to be in the main MCU. We know there's a multiverse out there; its past time we started exploring that. Putting the mutants on their own earth is as good a way to do that as any, and is better than most. And the MCU has plenty of smart people capable of making a trip across earths for the inevitable crossovers.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Unless they reboot the MCU I would like to keep the mutants separate if possible.

If that can't be done...then the experiment route similar how they did it in the Ultimate Universe would make the most sense at this point, with how the MCU has been setup.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

separate but equal cinematic universes

BANNED

Bit of three, bit of four.

There have always been Mutants, but not enough that people would notice. Less than ten in the entire world, at best, and half of them would have worthless powers. Not enough for SHIELD to even notice, never mind bothering to cover it up.
    But then somebody started messing around with Infinity Stones and reality and stuff, and population explosion ensued.

They, and the Fantastic Four, belong. They have always been entwined. Just because recent...yes to older fans this movie nonsense and rights is recent... events have been started up fragmented, does not mean they should remain that way. People understand. If they don't....they will figure it out....like we always did....investigating and historical research, asking others etc...It is so much easier with the web these days anyway. Just add them and let it flow. That is how they were formed originally. In the Silver Age. Spidey, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, The FF... Namor & Cap from the Golden Age, then the X-Men....no problem...it's organic. Marvel has a chance to play a bit, since a "phase" is ending. And actors may need to retired but, just let it all flow......Don't worry about people not having the complete picture. It hasn't stopped the films from being huge. Like in the Bronze Age or late Silver Age....we dove in and hungrily sought out all information. Newbies can too. The intrawebz are our friends.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Voted for "Other" because I'd rather not see mutants in the current MCU at all.

I've always felt like there was a substantial divide between the X-corner of the MU and the rest of the universe. It feels like there's two Marvel universes; the one with the Avengers and Spidey, and then the one the mutants come from. And while individual guest spots and stories might work just fine, overall I don't feel like they actually mesh all that well. And I dont think the movies will do a better job making it feel cohesive.

The X-Men being on their own, in their own setting, feels right to me.

Even if Disney does get the movie rights (its not finalized yet) that doesn't mean the X-Men have to be in the main MCU. We know there's a multiverse out there; its past time we started exploring that. Putting the mutants on their own earth is as good a way to do that as any, and is better than most. And the MCU has plenty of smart people capable of making a trip across earths for the inevitable crossovers.
    If the "Worlds of DC" concept works, then Marvel should be able to hold its own. I wasn't sure if the main reason people wanted the X-Men to be in Feige's hands was to make better quality/more comic accurate movies, or if it was to appear in movies with Spider-Man, Captain America, etc. I would like both. Galactus, Doctor Doom, The FF, and the Silver Surfer will easily fit. I think having a multiverse is would be cool, but will non-comic book readers get it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    I don't think they should be. Thematically they've never fit in with the Marvel Universe. They are best kept in their own universe, even post-company-merge.
    I think they fit in with comics, where they had plenty of time and space to expand and examine on why they're feared and hated.

But yeah, in the movies, we won't have that. They will dilute one another, IMO.

Mutants existed during last century.
    X-Men vs Brotherhood, Xavier vs Magneto.
    Legion or Phoenix or Proteus or Roma pulled a "no more mutants".
    All mutants got depowered, and erased from memories.

Present day. A baby who would later be named Hope Summers is born.
    And with her birth, mutants begin to appear again. All over the world, teens develop powers.
    The population remembers mutant existed, leading to even greater fear and hate because of the global mindwipe.
    With all the old school X-Men depowered, dead or MIA, a new generation has to rise to find Hope and protect her.

This way, you can have mutants be at the same time something that existed from a long time and something new.
    And you avoid going through the same washed up characters and stories that were done by Fox.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A disillusioned Charles Xavier decided to hide mutants from the world with his telepathy after years of attacks and losing his original team to Krakoa. The new batch of mutants he takes in (which would a mix of mutants we know and love) are against hiding any longer and help restore his hope that humanity will learn to accept mutants. So they decide to out mutants to the world by the end of the film.
    I like this that's really good.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I think having a multiverse is would be cool, but will non-comic book readers get it?
    Non-comicbook readers don't seem to have issues with the concept in DC's Arrowverse shows.