View Poll Results: How should mutants be integrated into the MCU?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • A hidden society of mutants are revealed to the world.

32 32.99%
  • Experiments.

2 2.06%
  • Snapping into existence in the Infinity Gauntlet.

18 18.56%
  • Recent spontaneous evolution. (a few in the beginning, and more come with time).

26 26.80%
  • Other

19 19.59%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    A disillusioned Charles Xavier decided to hide mutants from the world with his telepathy after years of attacks and losing his original team to Krakoa. The new batch of mutants he takes in (which would a mix of mutants we know and love) are against hiding any longer and help restore his hope that humanity will learn to accept mutants. So they decide to out mutants to the world by the end of the film.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like this that's really good.
    I concur.....we've all read this Universe as one whole world, It belongs that way. United.

MCU has ALREADY had more than enough examples of this. The inhumans have been around forever and the general public didn't know about them... now they do. Daredevil got his powers as a kid and didnt' use them till he was an adult. Same with Jessica Jones. The Iron Fists have existed only in old WWII films...

Nick Fury called out Tony in the first Iron Man. "Did you think you were the only super hero in the world? You've just become part of something bigger..." Who was he talking about? Captain America, Thor, Hulk... none of them were around till the future movies. He certainly couldn't have been talking about Hawkeye and Black Widow...

Ant Man and now Captain Marvel keep showing us brand new characters that have been around for decades and the audience just didn't know it. Agents of SHIELD had a whole list of characters who were or were not super powered and potential threats.

Mutants are the same way. Xavier tries to rescue them when he can or SHIELD doctors the news before it gets to the general public... The idea of they were always there and just off to the side of the VERY limited exposure we've had to the MCU world is entirely plausible.

they're just there. I don't feel like sitting through any lengthy explanations. there have been almost 20 years of X-Men movies at this point. I also feel like "the entirety" of mutant society should not be active in-universe at whatever point that mutants are officially incorporated into the MCU canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    they're just there. I don't feel like sitting through any lengthy explanations. there have been almost 20 years of X-Men movies at this point. I also feel like "the entirety" of mutant society should not be active in-universe at whatever point that mutants are officially incorporated into the MCU canon.
    Yup. "Spiderman syndrome." People know who the Mutants are. They know their basic origins/explanations. Comic fans have been dealing with "reboots" for decades. Let "the real world" join in. Some of them must have an imagination.

I like the idea of them having been around all this time. Maybe Xavier and Fury worked out some kind of deal to keep them hidden because the world wasn't ready for 'mutants'. Yet now that the world has begun to idolize the Avengers, there may be room for them after all.

I do believe that the villains have to get stronger and more threatening in a cinematic world full of Avengers, X-Men, and Fantastic Four. I'm thinking Doom and Magneto are going to have to step up and take turns beating up on all of these teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    If the "Worlds of DC" concept works, then Marvel should be able to hold its own. I wasn't sure if the main reason people wanted the X-Men to be in Feige's hands was to make better quality/more comic accurate movies, or if it was to appear in movies with Spider-Man, Captain America, etc. I would like both. Galactus, Doctor Doom, The FF, and the Silver Surfer will easily fit. I think having a multiverse is would be cool, but will non-comic book readers get it?
    Oh yeah. The concept of multiple realities isn't so Fringe anymore. Audiences will get it just fine.

See what I did there?

And I agree that the FF would fit the MCU just fine. I just don't think the mutants, conceptually and thematically, really fit (and I've thought that since I started reading Marvel comics twenty-something years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    MCU has ALREADY had more than enough examples of this. The inhumans have been around forever and the general public didn't know about them... now they do. Daredevil got his powers as a kid and didnt' use them till he was an adult. Same with Jessica Jones. The Iron Fists have existed only in old WWII films...

Mutants are the same way. Xavier tries to rescue them when he can or SHIELD doctors the news before it gets to the general public... The idea of they were always there and just off to the side of the VERY limited exposure we've had to the MCU world is entirely plausible.
    I think the films could easily say that mutants have always been there, and we just never saw them before. That's not the hangup I have, I just think the mutants work best when they're in their own universe.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Infinity Gauntlet would be a good idea. Otherwise, it would be tough to have Magneto be the father of the Maximoffs. Also, I would bring most of the current FoX-Men actors into the MCU. Most of the MCU history would stay the same because most of the stuff apart from the Maximoffs' parentage can work with no change.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Infinity Gauntlet would be a good idea. Otherwise, it would be tough to have Magneto be the father of the Maximoffs. Also, I would bring most of the current FoX-Men actors into the MCU. Most of the MCU history would stay the same because most of the stuff apart from the Maximoffs' parentage can work with no change.

I absolutely would not bring the Fox actors over. The only one who was any good was Jackman and Stewart and they've aged out of the rolls. MAYBE Deadpool could keep going, and the CGI/actor for Colossus would be fine... but Cyclops, Jean, McAvoy, anyone and anything from the previous 6 movies... that's just baggage that isn't needed. Wipe it out, start fresh. Heck, Fox has rebooted twice now themselves... so it's not like even THEY are attached to the continuity of their films.

Marvel wants to have the characters... not the previous films.

As for the Maximoffs… I wouldn't bother. In the comics it's kind of important... but in MCU they have their own origin... and one is dead. Even in the comics their parentage was a retcon to begin with and it's been retconned away. Outside some kind of Secret Wars story, the odds of Wanda and Magneto being in the same movie are nil anyway... jus tleave that can of worms where it is.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Nick Fury called out Tony in the first Iron Man. "Did you think you were the only super hero in the world? You've just become part of something bigger..." Who was he talking about? Captain America, Thor, Hulk... none of them were around till the future movies. He certainly couldn't have been talking about Hawkeye and Black Widow...

Ant Man and now Captain Marvel keep showing us brand new characters that have been around for decades and the audience just didn't know it. Agents of SHIELD had a whole list of characters who were or were not super powered and potential threats.

Yeah, I don't think any of that is a problem. The bigger issue is how to incorporate the "hated and feared" angle. It's easy to preserve the doublethink of "Avengers good, mutants bad" in the comics, but I think that's harder in the movies. Maybe you incorporated the Sokovia Accord angle somehow — superpowered people are already threats and this new outbreak of mutations is scary. The Avengers are already just barely trusted, so all of these mutated randos off the street start to be scapegoated and hated for no reason.

BANNED

There's nothing in the current MCU that would contradict the existence of mutants. Perhaps the world at large just didn't know of them and a couple of major incidents exposure them. I'm looking forward to seeing mutants in MCU.

I absolutely would not bring the Fox actors over. The only one who was any good was Jackman and Stewart and they've aged out of the rolls. MAYBE Deadpool could keep going, and the CGI/actor for Colossus would be fine... but Cyclops, Jean, McAvoy, anyone and anything from the previous 6 movies... that's just baggage that isn't needed. Wipe it out, start fresh. Heck, Fox has rebooted twice now themselves... so it's not like even THEY are attached to the continuity of their films.

Marvel wants to have the characters... not the previous films.

As for the Maximoffs… I wouldn't bother. In the comics it's kind of important... but in MCU they have their own origin... and one is dead. Even in the comics their parentage was a retcon to begin with and it's been retconned away. Outside some kind of Secret Wars story, the odds of Wanda and Magneto being in the same movie are nil anyway... jus tleave that can of worms where it is.
    Fassbender and Peters are fantastic. And Peters is 100x better as Quicksilver than Johnson. It would be a real shame to never see him as the character again. It would be great if they could have the Infinity Gauntlet rewrite reality of have Peters be the Quicksilver of the MCU and for them both to be Magneto's kids. And everybody else in the current cast is just fine except Turner, who I don't think fits as Jean. And I'm sure you could find a better match for Scott than Sheridan. Also, Isaac Apocalypse was terrible, but I doubt we'll see him again and his whole deal was body swapping anyway. But apart from that, everyone cast has been damn good. And I can't imagine anybody but Jackman as Wolverine, and I know he said he's done, but Disney may have enough money to get him to come back. And it's not like he needs to get into insane shape, just relatively fit and wear the yellow or tan costume. Doesn't have to get shirtless for no reason every movie.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Fassbender and Peters are fantastic. And Peters is 100x better as Quicksilver than Johnson. It would be a real shame to never see him as the character again. It would be great if they could have the Infinity Gauntlet rewrite reality of have Peters be the Quicksilver of the MCU and for them both to be Magneto's kids. And everybody else in the current cast is just fine except Turner, who I don't think fits as Jean. And I'm sure you could find a better match for Scott than Sheridan. Also, Isaac Apocalypse was terrible, but I doubt we'll see him again and his whole deal was body swapping anyway. But apart from that, everyone cast has been damn good. And I can't imagine anybody but Jackman as Wolverine, and I know he said he's done, but Disney may have enough money to get him to come back. And it's not like he needs to get into insane shape, just relatively fit and wear the yellow or tan costume. Doesn't have to get shirtless for no reason every movie.
    Marvel is going to 1000% reboot the franchise, whether it takes place in the MCU or another universe. Too much baggage with the old actors. The only one who likely will be kept is Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Marvel is going to 1000% reboot the franchise, whether it takes place in the MCU or another universe. Too much baggage with the old actors. The only one who likely will be kept is Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool.
    Makes sense. After Dark Phoenix, I guess. They had a very good run. Marvel-One world.

Ultimate Member

Are we really gonna pretend that the writers/Fury knew WTF he was talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    There's nothing in the current MCU that would contradict the existence of mutants. Perhaps the world at large just didn't know of them and a couple of major incidents exposure them. I'm looking forward to seeing mutants in MCU.
    I could see that, with Old Man Logan mutants were probably dying off right before Iron man debuted so X-23 and those new mutants are probably the last ones around as of Infinity War making mutants an endangered species.