View Poll Results: How should mutants be integrated into the MCU?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • A hidden society of mutants are revealed to the world.

32 32.99%
  • Experiments.

2 2.06%
  • Snapping into existence in the Infinity Gauntlet.

18 18.56%
  • Recent spontaneous evolution. (a few in the beginning, and more come with time).

26 26.80%
  • Other

19 19.59%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Integrating the mutants is easy, just make them Inhumans.

I can't think of a way that makes actual sense but honestly I don't really care as long as they deliver good material.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Without Logan.

That's my idea for integrating the X-Men. Because screw Logan. There are other X-Men aside from Logan. Christ, I got sick of there being four mutants who actually mattered: Logan, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique. Those four got all the focus, and I am frankly sick of all of them as a result.

So whatever Disney ends up doing, I hope they drop Logan, Magneto and Mystique, and keep Xavier in a secondary role.

I'm definitely in favour of the Fox films, and all their actors, being dropped. Honestly, the only genuinely good X-Men movie was Logan, and that ended with him dead, and much as I would love another movie about Laura and her friends, it was never likely. And New Mutants had potential, but at this point, who knows if it'll actually come out. Which is a shame, because let's be honest, there's no way Marvel Studios would do a superhero horror movie. No matter how awesome it would be. (And no matter how perfect it is for the New Mutants.)

I do hope they cast a dark-skinned black woman as Storm. Fox's tendency to get the lightest-skinned people they could find for black characters was racist bullshit. The Fox X-Men movies were racist.

Yeah, I'm less interested in how the X-Men get integrated into the MCU, and more interested in them letting other characters exist, and casting dark-skinned actors for black characters.
    I inclined to agree and I love the character but I'm wanna see another character get focused on whether it be Storm, Cy, or whoever. Just not Logan again,
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

In the Ultimate Universe, they kinda were like the inhumans. Scientists mutated a human gene giving people powers, calling them mutants. I think the difference that they need to make is that mutants are the next step in evolution without a convoluted past, whereas the inhumans are clones of alien species made to be a part of a war and are pre-historic, and have a very convoluted past. Kamala Khan should have a mix of alien and human dna. Mutant just have "advanced" human dna. They should try to stick with this concept. I thought the X-Men: Blue Mothervine story arc was gonna change this, but it was thrown out in 3 issues.

Extraordinary Member

There are a few ways. I say just use the fallout from Infinity War and don't get too bogged down in details.

Use some of the lesser known X-Men.

The issue is Deadpool. Not just because he's Deadpool, but because his mutant world is much more established.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Pietro isn't a conformist. He doesn't think much of Americans, either.
    Source being...
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I heard a pretty good idea from a video in which they take advantage of the fact that Hydra had had its tentacles secretly intertwined into much of the world since post-WWII and have that Hydra had been covering up the existence of mutantkind for their own purposes and that Wanda and Pietro were just 2 of them. From this idea, the two had been mutants and Hydra’s experiments with Loki’s scepter merely activated their x-genes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I heard a pretty good idea from a video in which they take advantage of the fact that Hydra had had its tentacles secretly intertwined into much of the world since post-WWII and have that Hydra had been covering up the existence of mutantkind for their own purposes and that Wanda and Pietro were just 2 of them. From this idea, the two had been mutants and Hydra’s experiments with Loki’s scepter merely activated their x-genes.
    That doesn't really work. Sine when do Mutants need an Infinity Stone to activate their powers?

And Hydra wouldn't have covered them up. They would have recruited/brainwashed them.

Niffleheim

Just to avoid the questions of where were the Avengers when a big events happens in an X-Men movie? i prefer the "separate but equal cinematic universes" option

if you were next to me i would hug you until your eyes bugged out lol! i love this post
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-27-2018 at 02:58 PM.

The Agents of Shield Nu-humans who have never appeared in, or been referenced by, or in any way affected the MCU movies? Or the Royal Family Inhumans who appeared in the most critically derided superhero TV series of the current era?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That doesn't really work. Sine when do Mutants need an Infinity Stone to activate their powers?

And Hydra wouldn't have covered them up. They would have recruited/brainwashed them.
    I didn’t say they needed it to activate the x-gene, just that in that case, their experimentation activated it. Wouldn’t even be the first time as even in the comics characters have had their latent abilities activated by an external source.

Also, that would be the purpose of covering them up so they could weaponize mutants without having to worry about others attempting to interfere. Hell, they did the exact same thing with Wanda and Pietro in trying to turn them into weapons for Hydra. By suppressing the existence of mutantkind, it makes it that much easier for them to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Just to avoid the questions of where were the Avengers when a big events happens in an X-Men movie? i prefer the "separate but equal cinematic universes" option
    That doesn’t really work considering there’s already those kinds of questions raised by some solo movies as is. Just look at the events of both Captain America: Winter Soldier and Thor: The Dark World. When things hit their most intense, these were pretty public commotions yet the Avengers were nowhere to be seen sans the heroes involved in the movies.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 07-27-2018 at 03:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I didn’t say they needed it to activate the x-gene, just that in that case, their experimentation activated it. Wouldn’t even be the first time as even in the comics characters have had their latent abilities activated by an external source.
    Wanda and Pietro were more than old enough that their powers should have kicked in naturally years ago.

Also, that would be the purpose of covering them up so they could weaponize mutants without having to worry about others attempting to interfere. Hell, they did the exact same thing with Wanda and Pietro in trying to turn them into weapons for Hydra. By suppressing the existence of mutantkind, it makes it that much easier for them to do so.
    But Hydra lost, and Black Widow dumped all of their secrets on the internet. Mutants would already have been outed years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Who says hydra 'activated' them... the loki scepter/experiments could have just as easily been used to augment them... or more likely brainwash them since that's what it did to Hawkeye in the first one.

As we learned in Civil War with Arnim Zola and the mass infiltration of SHIELD... HYDRA has covered a LOT of things up. Heck, they covered up Winter Soldier... and his 5 other frozen buddies, who can say those OTHER super soldier/assassins weren't mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    The Agents of Shield Nu-humans who have never appeared in, or been referenced by, or in any way affected the MCU movies?
    What should they have been involved in? When should they have been mentioned? Loki's attack on New York... where the cameras focused on one city block and 7 heroes? Who's to say what was happening on the other side of Manhatten? There were aliens everywhere and chaos galore. How long did the attack last? Twenty minutes? Could they have gotten there from wherever they were in time?

Same with Sokovia? It was a fast attack on the other side of the world. Why WOULD the X-Men be involved in something like that?

Civil War? That airport was in Germany. Iron Man movies? Those climaxes only lasted minutes.

This is the nature of Comic books. I've read a billion comics where the Avengers were doing avengers stuff and No mutants were around at all. Daredevil fights his battles and Thor never once shows up. Spider-man fights Doc Ock and the fantastic Four aren't there.... it doesn't mean they suddenly aren't in the same universe... we don't need detailed explainations of exactly what Reed Richards was doing during the Infinity War... (hint, he was probably working up some super science weapon that would be 'plan B' off screen) Probably the same thing the Inhumans and the Ancient One's mystics were doing. Dealing with their own problems. .

Shared universes don't need every hero showing up in every movie crowding out the characters that the story is meant to be about. Mutants can Exist... Fury could even know about them... but as they've Said... Fury's secrets have secrets. He has plans, he has contingencies, and someone somewhere may well know about Logan and Weapon X.... but they haven't quite needed THAT weapon yet.

Maybe not the most satisfying esplaination, but it's entirely plausible

BANNED

What’s the heck is going on with Channing Tatum’s Gambit?
    Officially is still on track, last I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What should they have been involved in? When should they have been mentioned? Loki's attack on New York... where the cameras focused on one city block and 7 heroes? Who's to say what was happening on the other side of Manhatten? There were aliens everywhere and chaos galore. How long did the attack last? Twenty minutes? Could they have gotten there from wherever they were in time?

Same with Sokovia? It was a fast attack on the other side of the world. Why WOULD the X-Men be involved in something like that?

Civil War? That airport was in Germany. Iron Man movies? Those climaxes only lasted minutes.

This is the nature of Comic books. I've read a billion comics where the Avengers were doing avengers stuff and No mutants were around at all. Daredevil fights his battles and Thor never once shows up. Spider-man fights Doc Ock and the fantastic Four aren't there.... it doesn't mean they suddenly aren't in the same universe... we don't need detailed explainations of exactly what Reed Richards was doing during the Infinity War... (hint, he was probably working up some super science weapon that would be 'plan B' off screen) Probably the same thing the Inhumans and the Ancient One's mystics were doing. Dealing with their own problems.
    I have no problem at all with the Inhumans not appearing in the MCU movies I’m just challenging the suggestion that there’s anything to be gained by attaching the X-men to a concept that has appeared solely in the TV series, and which most of the movie going public will have little to no knowledge of or interest in.