Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

This looks very interesting. I’m more interested in Banshee and everyone else, but not Hank I don’t care much for Hank.

Anyway, this looks great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    I hadn't thought about that approach, but it makes a whole lot of sense, and is a pretty damn good idea. It'd make for a compelling, tense situation, and seriously heighten the conflict & inevitable confrontation, if it came to that.

Couldn't agree with you more, either, on Rosenberg. He seems to have a real connection with the X-characters, and a knack for how to handle them, in the modern era. I would be VERY happy, to see him become the overall mastermind of Mutant stories moving forward, in the near & foreseeable future.
    Polaris is the most likely. Rosenberg has teased Cannonball, Sunspot and New X-Men in his titles, so maybe this is where they show up? I really don't know but it's fun to speculate. But yeah, some family ties and friendships would tug at the heartstrings and make it easier to reason with them. Earlier talks on the boards queried whether or not this team will stick, and if the current incarnation will change over time. I mean, there's only one female on the team right now, and it's possible Hank or Piotr move over to Uncanny, which would leave a void to be filled.

I really appreciate writers that know the history of the X-Men and don't just retell classic tales with the same group of mutants time and time again. Rosenbergs New Mutants Dead Souls + Astonishing X-Men both make use of B-List and C-List X-Men and I love it. I don't necessarily think he should be writing the core X-Men title, just because I'd rather he write about the characters he's passionate about (he's admitted Havok, Magik + Madrox are among his personal favorites). I would, however, like to see him write more miniseries for some X-Men once Dead Souls and Multiple Man are done with.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Siryn would work for both Banshee and Warpath, James was never to close to Tabitha really...I'm going to guess that Alex goes undercover to try to figure out what's going on and Kitty takes it the wrong way and thinks that he's gone bad again...
    True. I was just trying to figure out the entirety of the team. I guess Domino would be a better fit as a connection to Warpath, though I've no idea how this aligns with Weapon X and if James and Neena are on good terms or not.

You're probably right. Alex could just pretend that he's still inverted and anti-X-Men in order to win their favor and get deeper into the operation. And yeah, neglecting to let Kitty know what he's up to might bring her wrath down upon them. Or maybe she's just annoyed that he's chosen to put together a team of X-Men despite her ownership of the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Wow, I really am just loving Rosenberg's writing. Again, none of my favorites are in this line-up and so I had not intended to continue reading Astonishing, but this is just so engaging! And the art is very dynamic, it really works for me. I hope this guy is in the running for Uncanny.
    I was hesitant when the team was first revealed as none of them are even in my Top 10 X-Men list, and having Greg Land on art made me wary, but the writing is spectacular and the revelation of Banshee has me engaged with the story and I cannot wait to read more. I'm kinda echoing what I said prior about Rosenberg on Uncanny, but yeah I think if he's found his niche then he should stick with it.

Banshee! Do right by him, Rosenberg!
    Greg Land and Bunn salvaged Archangel, now Greg Land and Rosenberg are hopefully salvaging Banshee. Coincidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Banshee! Do right by him, Rosenberg!
    Greg Land and Bunn salvaged Archangel, now Greg Land and Rosenberg are hopefully salvaging Banshee. Coincidence?
    Land didnt salvage Archangel

Most excited for this and for more Banshee! Warpath popping in like that was a surprise and I hope Ali shows up before the final page.

I know we’re in the infancy of the run, but I’m all aboard the Rosenberg train. Astonishing and Red have me more interested and invested in the X line than I’ve been in a good while.

BANNED

Is Banshee some kind of a zombie?

Ultimate Member

He had a death seed put in him so he's kind of a zombie at the moment until he gets all healed up...Domino and Warpath seem to have gone their separate ways as he's left Weapon X and to her he was there and a good kisser but they didn't seem to do anything past kissing so Domino wouldn't work unless she'd like to show up and see the last two guys that she kissed/dated on the same team...

Though Alex might just not tell her as he'd know that she'd say no regardless of the plan, or he doesn't really have a choice, maybe the Reavers still yeah think that he's inverted and he just plays along until he had get the info that he and the team needs...

The book might be good because it's not shoving anybody down our throats like most of the others...

Old Man Banshee.

Good preview, but the lack of Dazzler concerns me. I think this new team will succeed on the basis of how well Dazzler is utilized. She never got a chance to take off under Bendis. I hope she gets that chance here in Astonishing.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

You gotta love how stab-happy Jimmy is.

I wish this team had more women. Monet would have been a great addition. She fits the criteria of having had a dark turn recently and her powerset is always useful. Monet + Dazzler would've been fun as hell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I like this Havok.away from Lorna. I think she's better of elsewhere. He's more entertaining this way
    Agreed. I like this Havok a lot better. Honestly I like Polaris as she has been shown on Gifted and in X-Men Blue better too. Keep them separate.

Ultimate Member

Well Blue is ending and the Gifted doesn't really matter to the comics as they are 2 separate universes so...and it wouldn't happen for months anyway, makes more sense than her sticking around with Magneto when he goes dark...then again with the team as they are now their trials are well known, only a few knew about M, and there's already 2 powerhouses on the team as is, Warpath doesn't need the knives to be a danger to enemies...

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You gotta love how stab-happy Jimmy is.
    He shouldnt be stab happy. After cykes x-force and weapon x warpath said no killing. Ill give him thw reavers because cyborg.
    X-Men Forever

BANNED

Looks good. I like the art. It's refreshing to have something pretty to look at after a few years of literal crap art.

hehehehe @ bear-man.

I am worried that Banshee is just going to become like Archangel in Bunn's Uncanny. Not saying anything, just a weapon controlled by another Xman (beast in this case Psylocke in Archangel's case)