• Unsure

2 4.55%
  • No opinion

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The question you always have to ask yourself is this:

What's going to sell the most comics?

I think she'd have a bigger sales impact in Justice Society.
    The question I ask myself is: Would this comic book interest me?

I don't personally care if it's a "monster" seller; I can't stand Tom King's Batman so I don't normally buy it, but it seems to sell well enough without my support.

Boisterously Confused

I should have clarified before voting, are we saying "which one going forward," or "which one should her history by include?"

The question you always have to ask yourself is this:

What's going to sell the most comics?

I think she'd have a bigger sales impact in Justice Society.
    Why would I ever ask myself that? None of us work for DC. None of us profit from their sales. My life is not improved in any way by sales being bumped.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Hasn't this happened already in Post Crisis continuity albeit the JSAs Wonder Woman was Hippolyata ?

Justice League, no contest. Barring an Earth-Two scenario, she just feels completely out of place in the Justice Society to me.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Both is my answer. The movies are setting Diana up to have been a figure through the 20th century, even moreso than she was originally in the comics. Obviously there's an issue with Superman being first, but once the JSA is reintroduced as a WW2 team, that becomes a moot point.

This isn't the original comics, nor is it the Post-Crisis setup. It's a new game and the pieces can really be set up in any number of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Both. With the mystical properties of Themyscira and the fact that the Amazons are immortal I don't see why Wonder Woman can't be on both teams.
    Thats the way it is on the Young Justice toon and like you say the way to go in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Both is my answer. The movies are setting Diana up to have been a figure through the 20th century, even moreso than she was originally in the comics. Obviously there's an issue with Superman being first, but once the JSA is reintroduced as a WW2 team, that becomes a moot point.

This isn't the original comics, nor is it the Post-Crisis setup. It's a new game and the pieces can really be set up in any number of ways.
    I've always been a fan of Alan Scott being the first 'Superhero' of the 20th century 'till the 50s witchhunts ends Meta activity until Superman reignites it with Bruce maybe doing stuff a few months before but not talked about since everyone thinks its crazy.
    Last edited by jetengine; 07-27-2018 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I've always been a fan of Alan Scott being the first 'Superhero' of the 20th century 'till the 50s witchhunts ends Meta activity until Superman reignites it with Bruce maybe doing stuff a few months before but not talked about since everyone thinks its crazy.
    Pssst!

You do realize Jay Garrick's Flash was published before Alan became Green Lantern?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Pssst!

You do realize Jay Garrick's Flash was published before Alan became Green Lantern?
    I suppose he thinks that he was like Batman doing the heroic gig before but no one believes being not able to see him zoom by.

She doesn't need to be on both teams, any more than Batman and Superman do.
    But you told us that we should always ask ourselves what will sell the most comics?

Diana's face in the JSA will sell more comics. Diana in the JLA is virtually a necessity (Trinity, and all that) in any version of the League that is trying to look like the "Big Guns of the DCU."

This sells more comics. A lot more than diversifying this particular product line with less popular characters far fewer people care about.

I gotta ask; do you have a degree in business or any administrative experience? Because I question your logic here.

Also.....why is it the consumer's job to worry about what is selling? I mean, I keep loose track of industry business trends because I study business and find it interesting, but why is it our responsibility as fans to pay attention to this? That's not how the producer-consumer dynamic works.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Justice League, no contest. Barring an Earth-Two scenario, she just feels completely out of place in the Justice Society to me.
    Same here.

I actually like the JSA best when the Trinity isn't part of the roster unless, like you said, it's an alternate Earth thing.

If they have to have a unified Earth, I like the JSA to be mostly the non and low powered heroes from the 40's. No Trinity and no Spectre or Dr. Fate too.
    Batman - Daredevil

Hippolyta in JSA maybe, but not Diana unless it's an Earth-Two Diana. (Similarly: Diana but not Hippolyta in JLA please.)

JLA membership isn't quite as sacrosanct (I loved when it was but those days are long gone) but there's a reason that characters like Black Lightning or even Green Arrow (who was a Golden Ager with SSOV) on JSA. One sort of is JSA or isn't. JSA is like family and characters were either early members or are legacies to early members in some way. To me Diana of Earth-Two is JSA as much as Bruce and Clark of Earth-Two are. But if we're talking about a multiverse with only one Diana to choose from of course she belongs with JL(A).

There's an appeal to having her be top dog, which she would assuredly be in the JSA, but she has far more meaningful a dynamic with her JLA teammates at this stage.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Why would I ever ask myself that? None of us work for DC. None of us profit from their sales. My life is not improved in any way by sales being bumped.
    You should be interested in DC's staying in the comics business. The industry is not thriving.

Funny, I never hear anybody say that it doesn't matter how well the movies do. How well the movies do is always big news.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 07-27-2018 at 05:03 PM.