Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderboy12 View Post
    Oldest Superman and Superboy comics:

Action Comics #54 (Nov 1942) and Adventure Comics #112 (Jan 1947), respectively.

Adventure Comics #112 is also my second oldest Superman comic, and Superboy #4 (Sep/Oct 1949) is third.

The oldest actual issue of Superman I have is Superman #98 (Jul 1955). That's also my second oldest Superman (sans Superboy) comic.

The vast majority of Silver Age Action Comics and Superman that I have date from the 1960s. I particularly collected imaginary stories and the Legion's run in Action. I have scattered issues of Jimmy Olsen, a couple issues of Lois Lane, and a decent number of World's Finest. I'm better on Bronze Age Superman (one of two series, the other being Superboy, that I bought regularly in the 1970s) and Action; I have nearly all of the Kirby run in Jimmy Olsen, and most of the Super Sons (the originals!) in World's Finest, along with other WFC.

But the real pride and joy is Superboy (and the Legion). I have Superboy (Legion) #4, 6-7, 9-10, 12-16, 20-21, 23-24, and 27-354, the last issue of Tales of the Legion. And I have the Legion's whole run as a feature in Adventure Comics, #300-380, plus about 8 earlier Superboy issues (including #112). (I don't actually have the Legion's first appearance in #247.)
    I think you officially have most of us beat!
    Assassinate Putin!

Totally agree. I will have to go bid on a SM #1 now lol (I wish).
    As far as S-2 says about silly, I will just add that some peoples silly is some people fun. Respect your opinion though.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Action comics 268, Sept 1960
    Superman 188, July 1966
    Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen 92, April 1966
    Superman's Girlfriend, Lois Lane 63, Feb 1966

Incredible Member

Oldest Superman book I've got, Superman No. 261, February 1973, "Slave Of Star Sapphire!"

The oldest Super-book I've got, Supergirl Starring In Adventure Comics No. 397, September 1970.

Also, proud owner of a slew of Superman / Superman Family / World's Finest Comics Dollar Issues, from the seventies - early eighties.
    Last edited by ngroove; 07-27-2018 at 09:29 PM.

My oldest is Superboy #10 from 1950. It is the first appearance of Lana Lang.

Does Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #71, January 1967, count? It 's the 2nd silver age appearance of Catwoman. Couldn't afford #70, but got a sort of beat up issue of #71 for fairly cheap.

Sure; all Superman or Superboy related books count!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    My oldest is Superboy #10 from 1950. It is the first appearance of Lana Lang.
    That's a big get!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The funny thing is 60 issues latter the Legion squeezed Superboy out of his own book and took over completely. I just got the hardcover in the mail today that collects those last issues of Superboy/Legion of Superheroes (241-259) before the Legion took over full time.
    So that collection DOES include #259! I thought it was odd that they'd end at #258, the last issue actually entitled Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes, which is RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of a two-part story!
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

This is the oldest one I have. I didn't buy it new. I got it when I was finishing up my Dave Cockrum LSH run.

Superboy_Vol_1_184.jpg

This the actual oldest "Superman" comic that I can remember buying new.

Superboy_Vol_1_205.jpg

I miss Superboy being young Kal-El.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    This is the oldest one I have. I didn't buy it new. I got it when I was finishing up my Dave Cockrum LSH run.

Superboy_Vol_1_184.jpg

This the actual oldest "Superman" comic that I can remember buying new.

Superboy_Vol_1_205.jpg

I miss Superboy being young Kal-El.
    I adored those 60 cent 100 page comics; those were the best! I wish SB was young Kal-El too, it is a shame the recent history has taken that away from us.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I adored those 60 cent 100 page comics; those were the best! I wish SB was young Kal-El too, it is a shame the recent history has taken that away from us.
    Superman 4

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Superman 4

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Superman 4
    Definitely got me beat. My oldest comic, Action #54, came along two years later, and I'm quite sure is far less valuable. A rather beat-up copy, I recall buying it for $20 (years ago—inflation would probably at least double that in current dollars). Even a "Fair" copy of Superman #4 must be worth hundreds of dollars.
    Currently buying:
    Print: Superman, Nightwing, Super Sons, Doomsday Clock, Young Justice, Books of Magic, Batman: Creature of the Night, Ascender, Birthright, Black Hammer, . Digital: Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Batman Beyond, Flash, Justice League, Titans, Teen Titans, Deathstroke, The Wild Storm, Terrifics, Naomi, The Dreaming, Star Wars, Black Science, The Magic Order, Gideon Falls, Giants, Archie, Riverdale, Maxwell's Demons.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    Superman 4
    Looks like we have a winner!
    Assassinate Putin!