Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Original Sin #5.2 - Thor and Loki: SPOILERS

In this issue we learn a little more about how the Tenth Realm, "Heven," works, and get some great quotes.

"We should introduce ourselves, Loki. These are fair maidens indeed."
    "Well, so am I, sometimes. It doesn't mean I'm safe to talk to."
    -Thor and Loki, on picking up women

Thor immediately gets him and his brother into trouble by announcing his name and heritage to every angel in earshot, prompting everyone to drop what they're doing and try reducing the brothers into puddles of gore.

The Queen of Angels is seen again, demonstrating the economy of Heven. Angels move up in the ranks by buyin promotions, and they don't get payed unless they assert themselves to their clients. The Queen is also willing to sacrifice every last soldier to Thor's hammer if it can slay the Odinson. Apparently Odin did something to cheat or otherwise betray the angels (which I'm sure you can read about in Original Sin #3.14: Odin), something bad enough for them to send scorpion-shaped flying war mech to murder his children.

"Where in Heven is... he..."
    "Let's face it. I'm not going to get a better entrance line than that."
    -Loki arranges an audience with the Queen

While Thor hits things with Hammers, Loki tries the more diplomatic approach. We don't get to see the discussion yet, however, because Angela arrives, drawn from the Guardians of the Galaxy by the opening of the breach, and she's ready to kill a Thor.

The ending confused me a bit. I guess Angela's memories of Heven came flooding back into her, or else there's some kind of spell affecting her, because she doesn't even know Thor by sight (Old Loki implies they haven't met face-to-face yet, but you'd think she'd have heard of one of the big 3), and she displays the angels "nothing for nothing" dogma as soon as she arrives. Oh well. Tune in next week!
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 07-23-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well, as far as I'm aware Angela's never met or seen Thor so it doesn't surprise me that she didn't know him on sight. I did have to lol when Thor was announcing his name and heritage to every angel in earshot, it was like ''Subtle, Thor, subtle'' lol.

Decent issue, will be reading the next one.

So far the pacing of the mini-series has been right on point and the characterization quite good as well. As far the ending goes, she may have heard the name but she hasn't actually seen Thor yet. Plus keep in mind that she was raised by the angels and of course has their beliefs. And props to Thor for just saying who he is despite being told about the bad blood between Asgard and Heven. Lol!

Ultimate Member

Well, Thor has never really been known for his subtlety and tact.

BANNED

How many issues is this supposed to run again? It feels like it could be done in 4, but I'd really like it if it were 5. Next issue will be the Let's You and Her Fight issue, and then hopefully the meat of the conflict - what exactly is the "sin" being explored?

Slated to be 4 issues only. Next issue will be the fight of course. The sin being explored is the 10th realm being kept hidden along with Angela being kidnapped as child and indoctrinated to hold the Angel's beliefs.

BANNED

Ah. Well, fortunately we know it gets sorted out because Angela's in the new Avengers roster. And that must leave the angels as a new adversary for Tgir and his constituents. Then there's that mysterious board game In the mysterious purple shack.

Personally I can't wait to see Angela in the Avengers roster, I've enjoyed her appearances in GotG.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    How many issues is this supposed to run again? It feels like it could be done in 4, but I'd really like it if it were 5. Next issue will be the Let's You and Her Fight issue, and then hopefully the meat of the conflict - what exactly is the "sin" being explored?
    5 issues. It says issue two of five at the top of the recap page.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    5 issues. It says issue two of five at the top of the recap page.
    My bad, thought it was 4 issues.

Plenty of time to not rush the ending. Lot of good stuff going on so far.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, as far as I'm aware Angela's never met or seen Thor so it doesn't surprise me that she didn't know him on sight. I did have to lol when Thor was announcing his name and heritage to every angel in earshot, it was like ''Subtle, Thor, subtle'' lol.

Decent issue, will be reading the next one.
    She saw Thor during her introduction arc in GotG when she first went to Earth. Thor and Captain Marvel were flying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    She saw Thor during her introduction arc in GotG when she first went to Earth. Thor and Captain Marvel were flying around.
    I'll have to look that up because I don't remember that. Not saying you're wrong, just that I don't remember it.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I'll have to look that up because I don't remember that. Not saying you're wrong, just that I don't remember it.

GotG #7.

But had she made the connection that he was Thor or that was an Asgardian? Despite her appearances in Guardians, she doesn't really interact with the main players of the MU so it stands to reason she hadn't connected the dots that Thor=Asgardian=guy with hammer she saw fly as her concerns were on not being home.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post

GotG #7.
    Ah thanks for that, saves me going through my boxes
    Last edited by John Ossie; 07-23-2014 at 11:25 AM.