Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also, Odin can be a massive jerk and the Queen of Angels is apparently even more so. Oh an what are you up to Loki, because I know that you're up to something?
    Old Loki mentions that Angela and Thor were supposed to meet months later, in a battle fighting together on the same side, but that was too lame. So Loki hurried things along a bit, to now, where Loki likes to have fun seeing the children of Odin in accidental conflict, rather than a happy reunion. Lokis like that. Why have things play out conveniently, when you can cause it to play out interestingly.

My question on what Loki did, to move things forward, is that unless Original Sins happened, this wouldn't have moved forward as quickly as it did. Did Loki have anything to do with the watchers eye exploding when it did, just so Thor would get young Loki to take him to Heven? This starts to look a lot like Hercules and his sister Athena, who always manipulates Herc into interesting situations. Why not have a sister like Athena. Herc is this big super powerful hero, who needs magnificent adventures and Athena supplies that for her brother. Loki seems to do the same for Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This issue and this tie-in continue to be the best thing to come out of Original Sin to date. I still don't care much for the current state of Original Sin, but I really like how Thor's story has played out with Angela and Heven. This issue had a lot more action than the previous issue, which was plenty entertaining. It also had some great moments with Thor and the Angels of Heven. I don't know what the Asgardians did to upset them so much, but it must have been pretty nasty. Now that Angela has entered the picture, it's bound to get more hostile. I find it intriguing that they identify her as the greatest hunter of Heven, but she's an Asgardian. That makes me wonder who kept her alive, who raised her, and how she gained this title. Plus, if she's the rightful throne to Asgard, what does that mean for Odin? This could be what leads to Thor being unworthy of Mojlnir. These angels might push him to crossing a few too many lines. There are a lot of implications from this tie-in and I doubt they'll all be answered until after Original Sin, but so far this series alone has made this event worth following.
    If Angela is the true heir to Odins Throne, and not Thor, I don't think that has any bearing on Thor being worthy to hold the hammer. After all Cap and Beta Ray can hold the hammer too. But really, none of the children of Odin have the throne right now, because the All mother owns it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-24-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lcg16 View Post
    It...doesn't look like it actually takes a lot to offend the Angels. They seem to be a race of astral sellswords and mercenaries with their own moral code that rests on being paid.

Which, I imagine, was what didn't happen.

Maybe they asked for an Infinity gem or something?
    I just wonder what Heven is able to supply. They had been separated from the 9 worlds so long, what could the Angels supply that would be so valuable? Maybe it had something to do with the Angels supplying embarrassing information about Odin? If so, then that's a good excuse for Odin to isolate Heven.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I like how they're introducing Thor's sister, and at the same time not having her be the She-Thor Marvel wants to push. I mean didn't they see the round peg would fit into the round hole?

And since She-Thor is still "Thor", does that mean this Thor's sister storyline will be thrown away as soon as She-Thor takes over? Unless she's still Thor's sister?

Not a lot of foresight with this.

At least real/old Loki is around, which makes me happy.
    I don't imagine who owns the hammer has anything to do with who Thor is. Thor didn't always own the hammer, so if say Valkarie owns the hammer later, she doesn't become Thor. She just has the power of Thor. What it does do is possibly change the wording on the Hammer, to avoid Thor, and make it someone else. The particular quality of Thor was only linked to Doctor Don Blake, I think.

Spectacular Member

Just picked up the new "Tenth Realm" issue. The short synopsis:

The Angels are basically amoral mercenaries that carry a grudge.
    Thor jobs for yet another new powerhouse character.
    Loki inexplicably turns back into a woman (in spite of not having Sif's skin to wear).

I had hoped that, with Aaron involved, Thor may have been treated with some respect but it looks like Marvel is back to making him the punching bag for the latest New-Kid-on-the-Block to show how powerful they are. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by pugbuddy; 08-06-2014 at 12:51 PM.