4 11.11%
  • Unsure

5 13.89%
  • No opinion

2 5.56%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Let me say that I'm not a Bat-fan. But he does sell comics, and this would be a better for him than Justice League. I would not want him in both this comic and Justice League.

Just like I would not want Wonder Woman in both JLA and JSA.
    Batman is not exactly street level anymore. Hasn't been for ages.

Come to think of it, Hawkman might be a good fit for this title too.
    Wait . . . when did Hawkman become "street-level"?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    Sure. I’d have it be the new incarnation of the Outsiders.

Green Arrow
    White Canary
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Midnighter

Basically have it be DC’s answer to the Defenders.
    Robotman would have to correct me, because he was the one noticing it and I've never read Marvel's series, but the Unexpected are supposed to become the Defender's counterpart.
    Last edited by Korath; 07-27-2018 at 12:58 PM.

I'm definitely down for a street-level team, but not necessarily with the options presented here. I'd probably go with a line-up like:

Black Lightning
    Huntress
    Catman
    Onyx
    Black Condor
    Mr. Scarlet
    Judomaster
    Odd Man

BANNED

YEAH !!!! Street level is my jam yo !

Batman
    Nightwing
    Robin
    Batgirl
    Catwoman
    Huntress
    Green Arrow
    Speedy
    Black Canary
    Blue Beetle (ted)
    Mr. America
    Wild Cat
    Sandman
    Question

Some nice line-ups. I have wanted them to do this wth The Outsiders forever.

Here's the line-up I would like.

Batwoman
    Green Arrow
    Black Canary
    Black Lightning
    Vixen
    Plastic Man
    Phantom Lady
    Batman - Daredevil

I'd like a street-level, action-and-adventure, espionage team in the DCU and have been coming up with a reason for their existence and direction for the book that takes them all over the DCU.

The line-up I'd work with:

1. Mr. Terrific
    2. Doctor Mid-Nite
    3. Black Canary
    4. Phantom Lady (Stormy Knight)
    5. Catman (Thomas Blake)
    5. Onyx Adams
    6. Bronze Tiger
    7. Starling (Evelyn Crawford)
    8. Tiger (from the Grayson title)
    9. Katana
    10. Madame Fatal (all-new version)

Yeah, it's a large team, but there's a purpose behind that and the missions they're sent on.

Bryan Hill is already building Outsiders with Black Lightning, Cassandra Cain, Duke Thomas, maybe Barbara Gordon Batgirl, and maybe Batman. I've also heard maybe Katana. They can currently be found in Detective but it seems pretty clear they're being set up to be the next Outsiders team. The punny clues have been pretty everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Bryan Hill is already building Outsiders with Black Lightning, Cassandra Cain, Duke Thomas, maybe Barbara Gordon Batgirl, and maybe Batman. I've also heard maybe Katana. They can currently be found in Detective but it seems pretty clear they're being set up to be the next Outsiders team. The punny clues have been pretty everywhere.
    Sadly I have no interest in an Outsiders team that's 75% Bat-family. One or two, sure, but beyond that it's like "Adventures of the Batfam with guest stars Black Lightning and Katana." That'd be a pass for me.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I would love to see a new Outsiders book!
    That said, I'd leave Batman out of it & go for something like this:

Black Lightning
    Nightwing
    Black Canary
    Huntress
    The Question
    Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
    Arsenal
    Manhunter (Kate)
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

What's the true definition of "street-level?" Since Vixen's so versatile with her power set, she could be immensely powerful. When I think of street-level, I tend to think of characters with no powers or very little power (like Batman, Nightwing, the Question, Catwoman, Green Arrow). Personally I feel as though Vixen is a powerhouse. She may go after "street crime" every now and then but I think her powers are on another level.

Ultimate Member

Let me say that I'm not a Bat-fan. But he does sell comics, and this would be a better for him than Justice League. I would not want him in both this comic and Justice League.

Just like I would not want Wonder Woman in both JLA and JSA.
    All his name does is make sure that book gets on the shelf at certain stores who would take issue with the rest of the roster.

Believe it or not there are folks who are NOT interested in Batman. I got stores with TONS of Batman lead stuff that nobody wanted. And even owners saying 'ENOUGH WITH BATMAN."

And NO WAY Batman takes a back seat to anyone else on that team. Everybody knows that and would have no interest in seeing that.

Sooner or later all these books have to learn to succeed without BATMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I whole-heartedly agree with this idea, but if it were up to me, I'd throw in a couple of established heroes in there to help sell it, unless there's a larger concept that sells it rather than the lineup. (but no, not Batman - he already has his own subgenre) In my mind, it would be akin to the JLA where there are characters with solo titles, but the heart usually ends up being the team members without their own title where the team book is where they get development.
    If they have to bring in a big name for marketing, I would have them play a limited role. Someone big enough to draw eyes and help establish the concept but the stars should be the other characters. And then have them bow out to go back to their own thing.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Robotman would have to correct me, because he was the one noticing it and I've never read Marvel's series, but the Unexpected are supposed to become the Defender's counterpart.
    The Unexpected are analogues of the 70's comic version of The Defenders. I think SmokeMonster was suggesting his line up could be DC's answer to the more recent Netflix version of the Defenders which is pretty much a street level team.

Invincible Member

I could get behind the idea of a street level team depending on the creative team and line up. However, the OP's idea probably only works as a quasi-team up book. The core of the title could be Batman, Green Arrow, and Black Lightning...or Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, and Batwoman...or whoever. Then every couple of issues guest stars rotate in and out of the arc.

So the three main heroes take on a case and during the arc they meet up with two or three other heroes. That way depending on the story, you can include anyone from the Creeper, to Wildcat, to Manhunter.