Fantastic Member

Default Detective Comics 1-26 Omnibus On the Way in 2019!

As a huge D.C. Golden Age fan, this news made my day...Looks like we're finally going to see the early adventures of the Crimson Avenger reprinted along with some other amazing features! Keep 'em flying, D.C.!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/07...c-comics-2019/

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

It's two volumes, $100 each at 400 pages. No thank you.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It's two volumes, $100 each at 400 pages. No thank you.
    Considering that I would have to more than likely put a second mortgage on my house just to be able to afford the originals (something methinks that my long-suffering wife would not be too happy about), I can easily live with the sticker price of these two volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Considering that I would have to more than likely put a second mortgage on my house just to be able to afford the originals (something methinks that my long-suffering wife would not be too happy about), I can easily live with the sticker price of these two volumes.
    Wasn't trying to influence your decision, was just surprised they'd charge so much when DC sells books more than twice that size for the same price.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It should clearly be 1 volume for at most $125usd
    I think DC is trying to subsidize other restorations, in part, by breaking this into two higher priced volumes.
    I'll not be getting this. I suppose if it gets clearanced out deeply I might be pursued by crime stories aren't my usual fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

I want this like I want the Marvel Monsterbus volumes. I kind of want them but always find something else to buy. it really should have been one volume. 800 pages total is in no way oversized in omnibus world.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It should clearly be 1 volume for at most $125usd
    I think DC is trying to subsidize other restorations, in part, by breaking this into two higher priced volumes.
    I'll not be getting this. I suppose if it gets clearanced out deeply I might be pursued by crime stories aren't my usual fare.
    I'm with you on this. I'm mildly curious about these stories as I've never read them, but they are Golden Age and I'm not really a fan of the era. It would have to be deeply discounted.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm with you on this. I'm mildly curious about these stories as I've never read them, but they are Golden Age and I'm not really a fan of the era. It would have to be deeply discounted.
    Same here, it would be cool to read these mostly never before reprinted issues especially from a historical perspective but only if they are quite discounted

I'm glad they are releasing thesefor classic Golden Age fans though

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

I think the 400 pages thing is wrong. Detective Comics had 64 pages back then. So, no way thirteen issues would be only 400 pages. Unless they left some material out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I think the 400 pages thing is wrong. Detective Comics had 64 pages back then. So, no way thirteen issues would be only 400 pages. Unless they left some material out.
    His math is correct.