View Poll Results: What grade would you give this issue?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 out of 5 [A+/A]

60 53.57%
  • 4 out of 5 [A-/B+]

33 29.46%
  • 3 out of 5 [B/B-/C+/C]

15 13.39%

3 2.68%
  • 1 out of 5 [D/D-/F]

1 0.89%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Which main X-Men make an appearance? Nightcrawler? Just curious.
    Just Beast.

Some New X-Men have cameos too.

Which main X-Men make an appearance? Nightcrawler? Just curious.
    Beast is the only major X-Man that I recall. There is an appearance by a student named "Creep" aka "Flourish" who apparently can grow plant life, but I couldn't tell if she was an original creation for the issue or not.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    Beast is the only major X-Man that I recall. There is an appearance by a student named "Creep" aka "Flourish" who apparently can grow plant life, but I couldn't tell if she was an original creation for the issue or not.
    I looked her up on the Marvel database and she didn't show up, so I'm guessing she's new.

I have just finished reading it. It was good, great to read Storm in her own story and ongoing. There were things I really loved and some that left me like wtf? So, the art is not as good as the previews but it's not bad. There are moments, all in all it's ok, sometimes very good, sometimes average. The story is quite simple and I keep wondering what will happen next. I love her defiance to the army of Suncorp, seems she might get human antagonists. I love how the author used her powers, especially in the scene with Henry. I didn't like how easily she got furious, at Creep and at the military, how she washed him with that rain - for me it's childish. I liked how she used h2h skills, not just powers. All in all, it was very fun to read, I'm already waiting for the next issue to come. I love Storm!

Actually I must read it again, the art starts growing on me... As does the book, it's good to great, the inner monologue is very natural, Storm-like. I hope we'll soon get an idea where the book is going, for now I don't think it's that clear, since her last words were: Should be interesting to see what calls me next. I hope there will be a general direction for the series and not just single issues with single stories and events. I would like for 'Ro to have some good things ahead.

Storm fans, it's time for us to rejoice!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I thought this was a very well-done book that felt safe and didn't really push anything or do anything too risky or memorable.

The art was clean and attractive and presented a Storm that was beautiful and strong without really doing anything to change or highlight the character. The writing was the same: totally in character and emphasized the strengths of the character, that being Storm's heart, wisdom, and sense of values. The plot was effective and offered some nice themes and moral lessons. However, nothing really exciting or memorable was done. I gave it a 4/5. It was again, very well-done for what it was, and a nice tribute to the character and what makes her such a wonderful role model, but there was nothing exciting or creative here, and no real reason given to continue with the series unless you are a huge Storm fan and will be satisfied reading more of these types of nice but inoffensive stories.
    I'm having a hard time disagreeing with this post. So much happened, and as a Storm fan I couldn't be happier with what was presented. But I don't see non fans sticking around for a title like this. And to be honest I couldn't care less. I hollered laughing when she heated the air molecules in the room Beast was in. That's what he gets for annoying her. Happy Storm Day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm having a hard time disagreeing with this post. So much happened, and as a Storm fan I couldn't be happier with what was presented. But I don't see non fans sticking around for a title like this. And to be honest I couldn't care less. I hollered laughing when she heated the air molecules in the room Beast was in. That's what he gets for annoying her. Happy Storm Day!!!

omg! where was beast!? how far away was he from here!? .. this could be like the time she blasted the jet from miles away ..
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I looked her up on the Marvel database and she didn't show up, so I'm guessing she's new.

hey super, here's the link ... not much but she's chlorokinetic..http://www.comicvine.com/marisol-gue...105589/images/
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroexxx View Post
    hey super, here's the link ... not much but she's chlorokinetic..http://www.comicvine.com/marisol-gue...105589/images/
    Thanks <3

She is new then. I'm sensing the Best New X-Character of the Year tbh.

omg! where was beast!? how far away was he from here!? .. this could be like the time she blasted the jet from miles away ..
    They were in the same room.

Thanks for the response! Can't wait to read it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Thanks for the response! Can't wait to read it.
    Me too !!!!! Im so excited

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    Thanks <3

She is new then. I'm sensing the Best New X-Character of the Year tbh.

i died when the air heated.
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by jdtennesse View Post
    They were in the same room.

the days when her emotions got the better of her are back! :3
    CHECKMATE

♡♡♡

the days when her emotions got the better of her are back! :3
    True. I was very surprised how easily she lost her temper, haven't seen that in a while I think.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

In the words of Blake Lively's foreword to her new lifestyle blog Preserve:

"I am hungry, though... not just for enchiladas," she writes. "I'm hungry for experience."

This sounds like the Pak tack right here. Is Marisol the stand-in for the judgemental masses just waiting to tear down the artifice (the Gwynnabe) in her most ostentatious, in full repose in the Room of Comfort?