Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Cast announced (some spoilers)

Billy Dee Williams as Lando has been officially confirmed, as well as Mark Hamill who will probably be Ghost Luke. Plus they're using some footage of Carrie deleted from TFA to work her in some how.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...cast-announced

There's Naomi Ackie who seems to be a relative unknown, and there's also Richard E. Grant (Who I can definetly see as a First Order baddie of some kind).

Curiously, no sign of Keri Russell.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

And Phasma isn’t in this. Oh, well, at least she had a fight scene. That’s more I could say for Boba Fett.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Richard E Grant better be used to full villainy this time, I'm still ticked how they looked liked they had primed him for Mister Sinister in X-Men only to have him be generic Weapon X scientist guy in Logan.

Lupita as Maz is also back, hope she has a bigger role this time.

Curious whether we get the Knights of Ren or not. I also have a sneaky feeling Snoke will be back, or at least have set something nasty up as a back up plan (as Palps did with Operation Cinder).

Let the Keri is Mara Jade/Rey's mom theories continue?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FBarnhill View Post
    And Phasma isn’t in this. Oh, well, at least she had a fight scene. That’s more I could say for Boba Fett.
    Not like they could easily explain her survival after the way she went, but sad all the same. She and Finn deserved one final show down of true epicness. (Or for her to at least try and kill Rey.)

Talk about a completely useless character...

What a waste.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

What a waste.
    There's a deleted scene with Phasma that at least explains why she betrayed Starkiller base at the drop of a hat.

spoilers:
    In the final fight sequence with Finn, he exposes her treachery, and when the First Order troopers ponder what he's saying, she kills them! So basically, she's never believed in the 'cause.' She's just an opportunist who values her own survival at all costs.
    end of spoilers

The novel PHASMA is really good, too. Star Wars meets Mad Max.

I do wish they'd explored her characterization more in the context of the films. The turn in TFA was just, well, odd, given that she'd kind of been sold as the ultimate First Order badass in marketing. But it would have made more sense if they'd used the deleted scene in TLJ instead.
    Last edited by David Walton; 07-27-2018 at 04:49 PM.

I suppose the Keri thing might be revealed later; after all, Yoda's return in TLJ was pretty much unrevealed until the film came out, although there were some suspicions as Frank was seen near the studio.

Ditto with Ewan's dialogue cameo in TFA.

As for Carrie, I'm guessing they're going to use the Zemeckis/Forrest Gump technique. Wonder if they'll use this footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxWWzdUhcwA
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Richard E Grant better be used to full villainy this time, I'm still ticked how they looked liked they had primed him for Mister Sinister in X-Men only to have him be generic Weapon X scientist guy in Logan.

Lupita as Maz is also back, hope she has a bigger role this time.

Curious whether we get the Knights of Ren or not. I also have a sneaky feeling Snoke will be back, or at least have set something nasty up as a back up plan (as Palps did with Operation Cinder).

Let the Keri is Mara Jade/Rey's mom theories continue?
    Honestly with how badly they botched Phasma. The Knights of Ren were lucky. Probably best to leave them out entirely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post

What a waste.
    She was wasted as a character and there was such promotion around her too, wierd...

Except Fett was lightening in a bottle created at a time when everyone was figuring things out as they went. Phasma...well Phasma is just a soulless chrome covered focus group tested wannabe. Heck, Disney made no secret that they were banking on her being their Fett. Phasma hasn't earned the right to be mentioned in the same breath as Fett.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I like that we're going to have Lando make an appearance, and using old footage to include Leia will be a nice touch.

Considering her final scene in TLJ, it makes a lot of sense to me that she's not in this one. (You could have her cheat death somehow, but we actually see her being engulfed in the flames. To quote the TV version of Ghostbusters, that chick is toast.)

Glad to see that Lando is coming back and using footage of Carrie Fisher sounds good on paper, but I hope that it fits in organically and doesn't feel crudely welded in place.

Really happy to see that Kelly Marie Tran is coming back. With the articles about how she didn't know if she was and how racists fans were screaming about her character, I was a little worried that Disney would cut the role or something.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

JJ Abrams taking Lupita and hiding her behind the uninspired lump of CGI Yoda wannabe called Maz will go down as this trilogy's greatest crime. JJ couldn't have her do double duty as a Knight of Ren? It is such a strange casting decision.

The role feels so beneath her. It's beneath her in the bad kind of way, not the good kind of way.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Poor Lando, i'm almost afraid to think about what they are going to do to him.

Death stick addict selling part of Bespin for a dose? Broke businessman who sells space air conditioners and fails at it of course cause he's a character from the OT?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Ditto with Ewan's dialogue cameo in TFA.
    He had a what now?