Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthon616 View Post
    He had a what now?
    He had a line or two as part of Rey's visions when she first picked up the Lightsaber.

Yeah, you first hear an altered Alex Guiness qoute saying "Rey?" (about the time Kylo shows up) and then Ewan whispering "These are your first steps." as she awakens from the vision.

Looks like Keri has been added to the cast officially too.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-28-2018 at 08:39 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    JJ Abrams taking Lupita and hiding her behind the uninspired lump of CGI Yoda wannabe called Maz will go down as this trilogy's greatest crime. JJ couldn't have her do double duty as a Knight of Ren? It is such a strange casting decision.

The role feels so beneath her. It's beneath her in the bad kind of way, not the good kind of way.
    Really? I thought she gave a good performance and was one of the best casting choices in the movie.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Really? I thought she gave a good performance and was one of the best casting choices in the movie.
    Agreed, she was one of my fav new characters and had such a different personality to Yoda anyway (her crush on Chewie is pretty adorable even though she's way older than he is), and I hope the final season Clone Wars thinks of a reason to have her included so we can have her be a character who strides all core eras of Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    They could have gotten any good voiceover actor and delivered the same result for far less cash. You don't go out and get Lupita only to do this with her. Marvel knew what to do with her and Lucasfilm didn't. I'm glad you enjoyed it but it's hard to see this casting as anything other than a misfire. She is one of the best actors in the whole trilogy. You don't hide one of your best assets. It's still not too late. Lando is getting up in years and he is going to need a trusty second-in-command. Cast Lupita in that role.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

So... is it safe to assume that Snoke is gone for good?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    They could have gotten any good voiceover actor and delivered the same result for far less cash. You don't go out and get Lupita only to do this with her. Marvel knew what to do with her and Lucasfilm didn't. I'm glad you enjoyed it but it's hard to see this casting as anything other than a misfire. She is one of the best actors in the whole trilogy. You don't hide one of your best assets. It's still not too late. Lando is getting up in years and he is going to need a trusty second-in-command. Cast Lupita in that role.
    And Vin Diesel most likely made more money than I will in 15 years just by saying three words over and over in a Marvel movie (add Bradley Cooper and that is some star power hiding behind CG). Both of which were the biggest names hired for the GotG move at the time. Lupita as Mas did great and her voice acting was awesome. These actors also get paid for promoting the movie also and "any good voiceover actor" would not draw an audience on "the Late Night Show" as Lupita does so it would not be the exact same result.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member

I think I heard that she actually wanted to do a cgi part, because she felt like 'her body was being commoditized' (which as a beautiful woman in Hollywood, she probably was.)

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post

Pretty much... what a waste.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Pretty much... what a waste.
    I think a future novel or even standalone film as a prequel to the sequel trilogy revealing Snoke’s background and his relationship with Ben and Luke is inevitable. The Resistance cartoon might also touch on Snoke as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    rumors there will be some flashback scenes with a young snoke in episode 9?

Lando needs a major part of this story. it would not be good for him to be the backup to the backup. he didn't get to do "a lot" in Return of the Jedi, and since he is in a unique position to be the "last remaining" human member of the original protagonists that are alive in-story, it would be very disheartening to see him reduced to just a cameo or a bit part.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think a future novel or even standalone film as a prequel to the sequel trilogy revealing Snoke’s background and his relationship with Ben and Luke is inevitable. The Resistance cartoon might also touch on Snoke as well.
    The large majority of movie goers don't read the novels or watch the cartoons and i'm not sure that there is enough interest for such movies. Its a waste and the "tag your it" route they they did with the writers and directer really hurts the development.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    If Han Solo can't have a successful standalone origin film then sure as hell Lucasfilm isn't even to idly dream about Snoke:The Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    rumors there will be some flashback scenes with a young snoke in episode 9?
    I can sort of see that working with Richard E. Grant, although Grant sounds nothing like Serkis's Snoke voice.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth