Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    So it would seem from history, but I will just say that Carlie was freakin boring.
    As others have noted in the past- she was basically a female Peter Parker (not that Petey is boring) and as a result the relationship was meh. That's why MJ was/is so awesome- she's a firecracker. Same with Felicia, except they never really had a relationship apart from back in the Marv Wolfman days and even then she was not really into it (apart from sex) she wasn't interested in who Spidey was. I think maybe by the time of the Kevin Smith comic (2002-2006) she had matured and regretted that, maybe loved Peter in a kinda distant way. Then they went back to casual sex post #600, which imo felt kinda weird.

I know Silk could disappear after the Spider-Verse event, but IMO she has the most potential since MJ as an actual love interest.
    Right I'm going to bed.
    If we look beyond the superpowers, I would think that Jessica Drew, Carol Danvers, Betsy Braddock, Black Widow, and Jennifer Walters could have added a different dimension to Peter's relationship because they have a lot of development built into their characters that would compliment Spider-Man's own. Even Tigra(as Greer Grant, NYPD Detective), Betty Brant, and Felicia(Pre-OMD) could have made things interesting.

The only other person who had the potential to become an actual love interest for Peter Parker would be Betty Brant...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Damnyellow View Post
    Dan Slott has already stated Peter's not going to be sticking around with any super power girls. So don't expect this to last. In fact, don't expect any relationship with Peter to ever last.
    That's just Slott's opinion. There is nothing wrong with having super powered ladies as close friends as their network of contacts might make things interesting between them respectively. The best way of resolving this matter is for Peter not to be in a serious relationship with anyone at all. The writers should focus on the development of the friendship first in an organic way towards a possible relationship. I would rather see the women interested in Peter Parker start off by working together and develop their friendship from that, like Spider-Man x Black Widow, and Peter Parker x Jessica Drew. But since Spider-Man was kicked off the Mighty Avengers, as well as the fact no current writer of the Avengers are interested in using him in an extended story arc, there are very little alternate series out there that would allow such a development to take place as Marvel has cancelled both Avenging Spider-Man and Superior Spider-Man Team-Up....

What a great, fun issue. Silk's intro was terrific, fast-paced & charming. Appreciate the details re: her powers vs Peter's. Love her already!

Spectacular Member

Damn. Morlun looks good.

All-New Member

When reading Original Sin, which I recommend highly, I was struck by the suggestion that there was another person bit by a spider on that fateful day -- I didn't expect that to play into this issue though, so it was a nice surprise. I think that -- looking at the "Snff" panel on p. 10 (comics page, not pamphlet page), the Spider-Sense leading him *toward* her (p. 17), and the kiss on p. 20 -- the attraction is pretty clearly chemical or pheromonal; she is, after all the Spider-Bride. Who knows what other spidervolk this newcomer will attract? My guess is that it'll bring the good and the bad, but it feels like the introduction of a plot-furthering character... perhaps a tragic one... rather than an ongoing new love interest or character. Only time will tell.

If she's faster than Peter that's gotta put her damn near Northstar speed. Well, maybe Quicksilver. Also, how exactly do you improve on the spider sense? You sense danger coming or you don't.

Well this was written with a lot of undue haste. Dan Slott uses an old school undecompressed style of yesteryear, and quickly introduces Cindy Moon, moving the plot a long way forward. We also get a new love interest for Peter Parker, in a breathtaking kiss both Peter and Cindy seem unable to resist. It's like they were made for each other, and Peter isn't the main component of the duo, because Morlun? Calls Cindy the Spider Bride, and she is the spinner at the center of the web. It looks like Cindy is some sort of Spider Queen when she marries Peter, and by the look of them in that romantic clinch, Peter is quite okay with that.

But I can see a tragic outcome to this very quickly, if Morlun arrives in issue 2 and Silk is taken out. Hopefully, Morlun has a hard time tracking them down. Now Amazing Spider-Man has become interesting. No family, Cindy? You've just got your whole family in the Parker legacy. Watch out, Mary Jane Watson!
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-24-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    About the romance:

spoilers:
    Could it be spider-sense related with them being drawn to each other? Or possibly due to pheromones? Regardless, I think this romance will be sticking around for a while.
    end of spoilers
    I think it is a peculiar spider related bond that because they were bitten by the same spider, they are mates. Cindy has no option but to take Peter as her consort.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    1. Hope they keep the Silk/Peter thing going and its not just a one page thing. Peter is overdue for a new love interest and I think she'd be interesting
    I think Silk will have a coming out party of some sort. She will have Peter rapped around her finger and be the Queen bee of the Spiderverse, giving all the orders. She could develop a real industry around the Parker Industry, and take over from Sanjani, as the driving force of the company. As yet, we have no idea of Cindys professional qualifications, so she may be a complete idiot. And seeing as Cindy has been out of the loop so long, maybe she has lost a lot of the technical expertise she may have had.

Quote Originally Posted by nemosdad View Post
    If she's faster than Peter that's gotta put her damn near Northstar speed. Well, maybe Quicksilver. Also, how exactly do you improve on the spider sense? You sense danger coming or you don't.
    It's possible. When Kaine had his spider sense, it was so strong that he had bits of precognition to it. And in the Ultimate Universe, Miles is said to have a weaker spider sense than Peter's was.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I enjoyed the issue but I thought it was extremely inorganic writing.

Slott's ASM is a fun read, he always nails the tone and writes fun, readable dialogue. Ramos' art is great, very energetic and expressive and really appropriate for Spidey. The plot was exciting and a real page-turner.

The whole thing feels sooooooo manufactured though, this is like the antithesis of organic writing. You have a villain who steals a disembodied eye that then reveals secrets, revealing that the spider that bit Peter Parker (that readers were told died right afterwards) actually bit someone else, and then if that person leaves the bunker that they have been stowed away in for decades, a character that was supposedly dead will then return and attack all the Spider-characters in existence. That's a whole lot of unrelated, illogical absurdity crammed together, and makes the issue feel like it was conceived by disparate editorial teams all suffering from ADD and sales desperation.

But it was still a fun read.
    Why is this an Original Sin? Whose sin is it anyway? Did somebody hide this from Spidey? If it's Ezekiels sin, then I suppose that would qualify.

1- You're not buying it, you only skim the book to see what Felicia is doing.
    Yes. I already said that.

2- A character like Silk could be the perfect match for Pete because she is doing the same superhero stuff as him so that eliminates any friction about that, plus they share the same origin and possibly therefor it was some kind of destiny that they end up together. You don't like the character, I get it, I do. And I am also a devoted collector of this series.
    And that's a reason to have a relationship? Not a relationship built up over time, friendship, shared values, ideals, interests, or having anything in common apart from similar abilities? You know, how actual relationships work. Nope, just so long as two people have the same powers, that's why they should get together. I'm guessing you're in favour of the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship too, right? On that basis, Ultimate Peter should have hooked up Jessica Drew, cos those two guys had even more in common than Peter and Miss Moon. And that wouldn't have been weird at all.

And I don't like or dislike the character. I just don't buy into insta-relationships which, to be honest, the book hasn't even suggested is going to happen yet anyway. I wasn't commenting on a book I'm not reading, I was commenting on your comment. That I did read.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Well, maybe we'll start seeing some more ''oddness'' about her soon rather than later, which would make sense. And yes I'd imagine she'd be looking for human interaction after being stuck in that place for so long.

Don't forget though she was left in that place for years and years that's bound to affect anybody's social skills, even if she was socially active before being put in that apartment. I agree with you entirely about the pheromones.
    The Ezekiel arc happened around 2003, so in Marvel Universe years, that's about 2.5 years ago, so it wasn't that long ago. Silk would have been 25 when Ezekiel put her in storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Yes. I already said that.

And that's a reason to have a relationship? Not a relationship built up over time, friendship, shared values, ideals, interests, or having anything in common apart from similar abilities? You know, how actual relationships work. Nope, just so long as two people have the same powers, that's why they should get together. I'm guessing you're in favour of the Superman/Wonder Woman relationship too, right? On that basis, Ultimate Peter should have hooked up Jessica Drew, cos those two guys had even more in common than Peter and Miss Moon. And that wouldn't have been weird at all.

And I don't like or dislike the character. I just don't buy into insta-relationships which, to be honest, the book hasn't even suggested is going to happen yet anyway. I wasn't commenting on a book I'm not reading, I was commenting on your comment. That I did read.
    You've heard of love at first sight? They don't have shared values. They just have an affinity with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Tron View Post
    [Cindys possible pheromones]could be just distracting him
    I like how in that kiss Peters hand is bunching up Cindys hair. He's really into it.