Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Non-comic Superverse characters ...

... that you would like to see integrated into the main canon comic books.

Me,

Literally everyone introduced in the 1987 movie SUPERMAN IV- THE QUEST FOR PEACE that hasn't made it over yet.

1. Nuclear Man (aka "Newt Kellerman", imbued with pro wrestler Ric Flair's onstage personality)

2. Lacy Warfield (famous for being famous type, with a wholly unlikely fixation on the married Clark, not Superman)

3. David Warfield (billionaire rival to both Morgan Edge and Lex Luthor)

4. Lenny Luthor (as Lena Luthor's idiot son and Lex's idiot nephew)

Yours? And with what tweeks?
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 07-28-2018 at 04:02 AM.

Volcana from Superman: TAS

Senator Finch from BvS
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-28-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Honestly I have a soft spot for Gus Gorman from Superman III. I'd have him be working at STAR LABS along with Kitty Faulkner and Emil Hamilton. Make some reference to the "Webster incident" from a few years ago.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Brad Wilson, Clark's high school bully from Superman and Superman III, and maybe also Ben Hubbard as a neighbor of the Kents.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    Brad Wilson, Clark's high school bully from Superman and Superman III, and maybe also Ben Hubbard as a neighbor of the Kents.
    Jeph Loeb actually name checked Ben Hubbard back in his SUPERMAN run. Geoff Johns may have done the same during his run as well.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

All Smallville's original characters. Lionel Luthor especially.

Astonishing Member

Heinrich Muller/Henry Miller- The Atom Man: Product of experiments by his father using kryptonite, the Atom Man has strength and durability equal to Superman combined with powerful energy blasts. He differs from Metallo in that his abilities are part of him- there is no stone heart Superman can remove. Both the blasts and simply being near Superman begin to weaken the hero. Superman's heat vision actually dissipates in the Atom Man's vicinity.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    While I like Lionel on the show I don't think I would want him in the comics. It kind of takes away from the "Lex is a self made man" thing to me. I like that Lex starts out as a nobody and through his own cunning and ruthlessness is able to become one the richest and most powerful men around. To have a rich father in the picture takes a lot of that away to me.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    While I like Lionel on the show I don't think I would want him in the comics. It kind of takes away from the "Lex is a self made man" thing to me. I like that Lex starts out as a nobody and through his own cunning and ruthlessness is able to become one the richest and most powerful men around. To have a rich father in the picture takes a lot of that away to me.
    I think he can be integrated in a way like Powergirl is. She isn't part of main canon universe to begin with, she comes from another world and becomes part of main canon. So what if there was Earth with Lionel Luthor who came into main canon and became either rival or ally to current Lex. It could've been an interesting dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    ... that you would like to see integrated into the main canon comic books.

Me,

Literally everyone introduced in the 1987 movie SUPERMAN IV- THE QUEST FOR PEACE that hasn't made it over yet.

1. Nuclear Man (aka "Newt Kellerman", imbued with pro wrestler Ric Flair's onstage personality)

2. Lacy Warfield (famous for being famous type, with a wholly unlikely fixation on the married Clark, not Superman)

3. David Warfield (billionaire rival to both Morgan Edge and Lex Luthor)

4. Lenny Luthor (as Lena Luthor's idiot son and Lex's idiot nephew)
    I am curious as to who the mother of Lenny is. As far as I know the only sibling Lex has is Lena Luthor and there has never been any mention of Lena having a child in any medium. Not in any of the cartoons or
    the comic books or Smallville or the Supergirl TV show. How would they work this in given that Lena doesn't seem old enough to have an adult son.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I am curious as to who the mother of Lenny is. As far as I know the only sibling Lex has is Lena Luthor and there has never been any mention of Lena having a child in any medium. Not in any of the cartoons or
    the comic books or Smallville or the Supergirl TV show. How would they work this in given that Lena doesn't seem old enough to have an adult son.
    Supergirl used to have a rival Nasthalia <sp?> Luthor who was supposedly a niece by a sister who'd moved to Europe sometime before Lex became a villain. I think she (Nasty) popped up again in All-Star Superman as Lex's flunky. I'd make Lenny her younger brother.

Also Lena had a son Val Colby in those Pre-Crisis days. And I believe she had a daughter who went to school with Conner Kent around the time of Infinite Crisis
    Last edited by Jon Clark; 07-28-2018 at 06:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

I know at one point there was a hint that Papa Luthor had managed to lose the family fortune and that Lex while being wealthy as a kid was forced to start from scratch thus still being self-made. A nice variation would be to make Lionel someone other than Lex's dad (uncle, cousin, older brother …) who has that inherited wealth while Lex was disowned (or maybe his dad was). I can picture an interesting parallel where Lionel and Superman are both seen by Lex as people who were simply lucky enough to be born with a silver spoon while Lex had to work for everything and Lex dismissing the added point that Lionel is evil while Superman is altruistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Who said anything about Lenny being an adult? I was thinking he wouldn't really interact with Clark at all ... but he could be revamped as a hilariously age-appropriate foil for Jon.

And unless Lena is a currently lot younger than I think, she can have a 10/11 year old delinquent that Lex knew about but never mentioned on-panel.

Or just handwave it, like everyone (except the Reader until now) always knew about Lenny.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 07-28-2018 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    If they were to introduce Lionel Luther, I would just make him Metropolis's resident evil businessman who grew up in Suicide Slum and revert Lex to being strictly a criminal scientist. No chance of that ever happening though, because apparently the whole character collapses if he isn't a businessman.

My solution would be to keep both Lionel and Lillian, with Lena the trueborn heir to LuthorCorp, and Lex as her elder half-sibling, the bastard offspring of Lionel and one of his mistresses.

Lex is raised by abusive foster parents in Suicide Slum, whom , at age 10, he kills via designed car accident to take the life insurance he forged. Lex proceeds to go from dirt-poor to staggering wealth (not from the life insurance, which would be meager seed money, but from his invention after patented invention making him a billionaire several times over within 20 years).

He knows his bio- dad is Lionel and plots over the years to create Lexcorp to buy out LuthorCorp and then murder Lionel with his bare hands. Lillian also dies directly because of Lex.

Lena is forever completely unaware of Lex's involvement in her parents' murders. Lex magnanimously takes her under his wing at LexCorp, and gains her undying devotion.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 07-28-2018 at 08:17 PM.