Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How much do you spend on comic books per month?

This includes both TPBs, HCs, and omnis.
    Last edited by theboychild; 07-28-2018 at 01:30 PM.

I maybe buy 1 collection a month so that could range from £20-£80 depending if it’s a TPB or omnibus.
    I also pay for a Marvel Unlimited subscription.

Too much. Probably around $200, depending on how trades come out. Not including omnis

Quote Originally Posted by danelway View Post
    Too much. Probably around $200, depending on how trades come out. Not including omnis
    How much for the omnis? I've reached my limit. I splurged on omnis close to 2k within a 2-month period. I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    I maybe buy 1 collection a month so that could range from £20-£80 depending if it’s a TPB or omnibus.
    I also pay for a Marvel Unlimited subscription.
    Wow. How much is Marvel Unlimited? How do you make space?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

As more things have become available, and I have mostly bought what I covet, the cost has gone down per-month.

When you start buying books, the material looks endless. I’m glad I hit a point where I usually wait for something to come out that I want. This stuff can get expensive at the outset.

Amazing Member

Since I've started collecting Omni's in late May/early June, waaaaaay too damn much. I'm honestly kinda scared to go and count up just how much I've spent on IST since then lmao

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    Wow. How much is Marvel Unlimited? How do you make space?
    It’s a digital subscription service...gives access to all (or most) of Marvel’s archives.

Quote Originally Posted by HuggyBear View Post
    Since I've started collecting Omni's in late May/early June, waaaaaay too damn much. I'm honestly kinda scared to go and count up just how much I've spent on IST since then lmao
    We're both in the same boat! Most omnis I spent were definitely way less than the cover price. I have a record of how much I spent and compared it with the cover prices for each book so I can restrain myself in the long run!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    It’s a digital subscription service...gives access to all (or most) of Marvel’s archives.
    Do you have one?

Incredible Member

Way too much. July was an especially big month. 7 omnibus' plus a mix of trades/epics/deluxes/mmw. I now have most available stuff I want so hopefully it goes down. August only has 1 book I want and only a few in Sept so there are peaks and valleys in spending.

Quote Originally Posted by theboychild View Post
    Do you have one?
    No. But for more “recent” comics I do prefer digital. Anything before the early 90s, I prefer paper. I have bought a few books that are post-1994, but I prefer late-Silver Age and Bronze Age comics.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Roughly £120

We have a weird policy in my family, you pick your own Birthday / Christmas gifts ahead of time. So I can buy hundreds of euro worth of books throughout the year and put them up as my own gift. So I probably spend ~€80 a month on collected editions. However I know I'll get ~€60 of it back.

When I was buying single issue floppies I was getting between 5-13 books or $20- $55 dollars a week or roughly $100- $150 a month.
    Since changing to just collected books, my total for each month is probably slightly higher, but it could easily have been even more so,
    but because I like to finish a book before getting the next volume or it has really got to be a must own, I have been able to keep it under
    control.
    Lately I have been trying to get a few books 2-3 times a month and usually will have one omnibus ($40-$75) and a few soft/hc books ($7- $17)
    so roughly I probably spend $200 a month now.