View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Descender #32 [series finale]

1 11.11%
  • Gasolina #10

0 0%
  • Hack/Slash: Resurrection #9

0 0%
  • Hit-Girl (2018) #6

0 0%
  • Moonshine #12

0 0%
  • New World #1 (of 5) [series premiere]

0 0%
  • Realm #8

0 0%
  • Redneck #13

0 0%
  • Royal City #13

0 0%
  • Saga #54

5 55.56%
  • Savage Dragon #236

0 0%
  • Shanghai Red #2

2 22.22%
  • Wayward #27

1 11.11%

Default Weekly Image poll #30 - brave New World

A bit late whoops, but we still out here!

Last week's poll saw Gideon Falls win narrowly, making it 5 out of 5 so far for the new series! Loving the amount of series that scrounged a vote or two though!

This week a bunch of big stuff happened, let's talk about those: Descender reached its series finale on Wednesday, but it isn't really over yet! Soon the series will jump ahead in time, presenting a more fantasy-oriented take on the sci-fi origin - it'll be called Ascender, and the initial cover looks gorgeous. Secondly, Saga had a massive issue that I think came a bit out of the blue for everyone? The series is also going on a longer hiatus than usual, but it'll be back for sure.
    Gasolina moves its setting to a new location this week (but the past will surely haunt our protagonists), as does Hit-Girl - who's moving to Canada!
    Moonshine wraps up its current storyline and will be gone for at least 3 months, Realm is all about a rescue mission this week, Savage Dragon has a day out for the kids characters, and Shanghai Red begins a tale of revenge.

New this week is New World, about America after a second Civil War. Let's just quote the flavour text here: "Two lovers meet. One: a straight-edge vegan hacker anarchist boy with a penchant for messing with the State. The other: a chaotic, hedonistic cop with a reality TV show and a license to kill."
    Yup, you guessed it, Ales Kot is writing this! He's working with great people too, Tradd & Heather Moore, Clayton Cowles, and Tom Mueller is back on design.
    The first issue comes oversized and with back-up strips too.

312837.jpg

Descender's finale was really well done. Gorgeous issue and a touching ending. Love that spoilers:
    Andy
    end of spoilers is around for Ascender.. which I'm very much looking forward to.

Shanghai Red had another good issue this week, liking the pacing on this series so far. I managed to spoil Saga #54 for myself though, that's kind of a mild bummer. Another major bummer is the 12+ months hiatus they announced. If Saga is really meant to run for 100 issues it makes sense to me that the creators wanna do some other stuff too, but with this, Isola and ODY-C all on hiatus now, my reading pile is temporarily lacking a lot of Image favourites.

Glad Shanghai Red got some votes.
    I would've picked Savage Dragon.