Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    A bigger question for me is how can her body come back from someone like Sapphire? She collects souls...not physical bodies...you would need someone who could create a body.
    There's alot of psychic energy within Styxx. Maybe uses that to telekinetically create a new body for herself the same way teen Jean did for herself in Venomized

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    A bigger question for me is how can her body come back from someone like Sapphire? She collects souls...not physical bodies...you would need someone who could create a body.
    I thought slowly the entire issue given the telepathic butterfly on Sapphire, Betsy was re-purposing her body as a base then used her telekinetic powers to reshape her form. Besides I'm sure it will be some excuse that Psylocke used Sapphire's powers in combination with her own to return to her original form.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I thought slowly the entire issue given the telepathic butterfly on Sapphire, Betsy was re-purposing her body as a base then used her telekinetic powers to reshape her form. Besides I'm sure it will be some excuse that Psylocke used Sapphire's powers in combination with her own to return to her original form.
    If Psylocke can telekinetically reshape her body, she would have done so in Kwannon's body decades ago.

Sapphire's powers only absorb soul so Psylocke is just in Sapphire body but can't change her body

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    If Psylocke can telekinetically reshape her body, she would have done so in Kwannon's body decades ago.

Sapphire's powers only absorb soul so Psylocke is just in Sapphire body but can't change her body
    But why would she have needed to before? Betsy has said many times over the years that she prefers her Asian form I think with Sapphire killing her it forced her hand, or at least to return to the form that's closest to her original body. Besides I'm not sure why everyone is so caught up in lack of designated morphing abilities, it's comics, Sapphire literally exploded last issue and I imagine that whatever way Betsy did it will involve her reshaping Sapphire's form, I could be wrong but then again as Havok83 just mentioned. Teen Jean did the exact same thing and she didn't even have a physical body to return to she created one.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post

Whatever is happening to her isnt something she's doing by choice. Her current Asian body died. If she is TK creating a new body for herself its out of a survival instinct. And this isnt something she could have just done before. Its pure speculation but if they go the same route they did with Jean, all the souls that Styxx has absorbed should give her enough power to do a feat like this.

But why would she have needed to before? Betsy has said many times over the years that she prefers her Asian form I think with Sapphire killing her it forced her hand, or at least to return to the form that's closest to her original body. Besides I'm not sure why everyone is so caught up in lack of designated morphing abilities, it's comics, Sapphire literally exploded last issue and I imagine that whatever way Betsy did it will involve her reshaping Sapphire's form, I could be wrong but then again as Havok83 just mentioned. Teen Jean did the exact same thing and she didn't even have a physical body to return to she created one.
    Exactly. We just saw this play out

I wont be surprised if this is what is happening

Last edited by Havok83; 08-14-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Jeen’s case was a bit different than Psylocke’s here. The way she described it to Jimmy was that she basically stitched herself back together using the combination of TK and whatever genetic material was left of her inside the shell. That kind of thing wouldn’t work here unless Betsy somehow used the body she came in to form a body for herself.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    After all these years, it just seems like a pointless change. Besides, Emma has already taken her place as the British White X-Telepath.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-14-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

But Emma's not even British; she's supposed to be a New Englander with the old-blood accent.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    After all these years, it just seems like a pointless change. Besides, Emma has already taken her place as the British White X-Telepath.
    That’s because after all these years the Asian body has become an iconic part of her character. It’s basically a change made for PR purposes rather than because they actually have good stories to tell. Why else would they have done this in a storybthat had literally nothing to do with Psylocke where her role for the vast majority of the story could have been filled with a cardboard cutout. This was literally just there so that this mini isn’t entirely pointless.

Spectacular Member

It's beyond stupid. So disappointed in Marvel.

Am I missing something? Emma’s from Boston.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Am I missing something? Emma’s from Boston.
    While true, she did absorb the psyche (and powers) of Astrid Bloom - a British woman.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Yeah dude. New Englander. That's how they managed to pass off Cary Elwes playing an American in "Glory".

"New England" is said to be the closest an American would have to an RP.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 08-14-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi