Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 LastLast
    ♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Kwannon, who's only worth was her body, is being lead to become a mere footnote in the X-Men's history.

About time.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Maddie is a monster,
    Maddie isn't a monster. She's more of a tragic villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    It happened so many years ago. People are now angry about Psylocke being in an Asian body? I hate the thought of her being changed back.
    People aren't really angry they just like to pretend to be for "political correctness" reasons.
    Last edited by WeirdSpider; 08-11-2018 at 11:58 PM.

BANNED

I'm fine with her original body being back. Now just keep her that way. No more body swaps. Honestly Claremont just could have had Psylocke undergo comeback training, the mystic transformation by the Mandarin (Only an Asian could be a hitwoman in Hong Kong) was a bit much. Nicieza I guess found that ridiculous, so he created the whole body swap with Kwannon thing. But that's already been undone.

I can see why they put her back in her original body. These days Marvel doesn't do tokenism. Storm has identifiable African ties in the sense she is the Queen of Wakanda and we often see her a lot in Wakanda. Or there's a current story about her going back to the village where she used to live.

Psylocke had no real connection to Japan or Asia save Spiral's body swap/engineering or whatever Spiral did to her. So you can't do any stories with her and Asia. Psylocke is the twin sister of Captain Britain, and you can do stories with her English background and her past. But it's hard to explain how a white English dude has a TWIN sister who is Asian (did their mom sleep with different dudes on the same day? lol).

Also Marvel has been using some of it's actual Asian characters more. Armor shows up a lot. There's Karma too, who is in New Mutants: Dead Souls.

Psylocke was mangled by Claremont. Claremont who changed her into an Asian and diminished her telepathic powers, and Claremont who made her into a telekinetic warrior with no telepathic powers. Honestly when writers constantly add on ridiculous changes that like it shows bad writing and poor editing. With that said, I'm glad she keeps her fighting skills back in her original body and it will be interesting to see if she keeps her telekinetic powers (I'm sure she will).

Ultimate Member

Actually Betsy does have a history in Madripoor and all over the world and part of her was Kwannon who had plenty of connections in Japan and such...and technically she's not back in her original body but more she stole/took over Styx's body and modified it...so it's all messed up even more...and most of the time they don't even mention that she's a twin, and there's been several times where her being English in an Asian body is explained...

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I'm fine with her original body being back. Now just keep her that way. No more body swaps. Honestly Claremont just could have had Psylocke undergo comeback training, the mystic transformation by the Mandarin (Only an Asian could be a hitwoman in Hong Kong) was a bit much. Nicieza I guess found that ridiculous, so he created the whole body swap with Kwannon thing. But that's already been undone.
    Nicieza didnt find that ridiculous. He wasnt aware it happened. He thought he ws explaining how Psylocke changed, not realizing that Claremont already did that

I can see why they put her back in her original body. These days Marvel doesn't do tokenism. Storm has identifiable African ties in the sense she is the Queen of Wakanda and we often see her a lot in Wakanda. Or there's a current story about her going back to the village where she used to live.

Psylocke had no real connection to Japan or Asia save Spiral's body swap/engineering or whatever Spiral did to her. So you can't do any stories with her and Asia. Psylocke is the twin sister of Captain Britain, and you can do stories with her English background and her past. But it's hard to explain how a white English dude has a TWIN sister who is Asian (did their mom sleep with different dudes on the same day? lol).

Also Marvel has been using some of it's actual Asian characters more. Armor shows up a lot. There's Karma too, who is in New Mutants: Dead Souls.

Psylocke was mangled by Claremont. Claremont who changed her into an Asian and diminished her telepathic powers, and Claremont who made her into a telekinetic warrior with no telepathic powers. Honestly when writers constantly add on ridiculous changes that like it shows bad writing and poor editing. With that said, I'm glad she keeps her fighting skills back in her original body and it will be interesting to see if she keeps her telekinetic powers (I'm sure she will).
    What you just described is tokenism. Simply because a there is a character of a race doesn't mean that they need to have ties to the native country. For example, look at characters like Jubilee and Silk, both characters are Asian-American, but their characters aren't tied to their Asian roots nor are there prominent stories pertaining to that.

Also, while it is a rarity, it is possible for someone who is a twin to be of a different racial appearance than their twin due to being fraternal twins. Should 1 parent be of one race and the other be of another, either twin can take on the physical traits of either race. I've seen twins before between a black and white parent where one daughter had dark skin while the other had fair skin and red hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    It happened so many years ago. People are now angry about Psylocke being in an Asian body? I hate the thought of her being changed back.
    I do too, but here’s my question, I just watched a show called Altered Carbon on Netflix, were there’s body swaps with an Asian man in an Caucasian body and I heard not one gripe. I don’t see how Psylocke situation is any different and needs to be corrected...

From seeing the November previews we can confirm she is in her original body. She still has her psychic knives, so she kept her fighting skills. The butterfly is back.
    I'm sure she'll keep her fighting skills. They're such a defining part of her character now that I doubt Marvel would take them away. I'd be happy if they got rid of the TK though. I never felt like it really suited her all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    I do too, but here’s my question, I just watched a show called Altered Carbon on Netflix, were there’s body swaps with an Asian man in an Caucasian body and I heard not one gripe. I don’t see how Psylocke situation is any different and needs to be corrected...
    Honestly, it feels more like those who complain about it are projecting, acting as though there is a mass of people offended and a problem exists when in reality, no such thing exists beyond the minority of those who complain about it. Again, the fact that it's lasted almost 30 years and is Betsy at her most iconic speaks volumes. Had this been something viewed as racist, there's no way that Marvel would have allowed it to persist. Hell just look at the difference in the appearance of the Mandarin between his early appearances and current day. The stereotypical elements of the design have vanished with time. If it were such a problem, Psylocke's body would have never lasted this long or become so widespread.

BANNED

The same people who complain that Iceman is gay also complain that Psylocke should stay Asian. Funny that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The same people who complain that Iceman is gay also complain that Psylocke should stay Asian. Funny that.
    Those are apples and oranges and you know it.

There a 5 other X-Gals in this issue. You think it only deals with Betsy?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually Betsy does have a history in Madripoor and all over the world and part of her was Kwannon who had plenty of connections in Japan and such...and technically she's not back in her original body but more she stole/took over Styx's body and modified it...so it's all messed up even more...and most of the time they don't even mention that she's a twin, and there's been several times where her being English in an Asian body is explained...
    Is it confirmed the new caucasian body is Styx's? I thought nobody knew that yet.

I really hope that's not the case...she just needed to reclaim her original body back. Otherwise it's still morally weird.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    There a 5 other X-Gals in this issue. You think it only deals with Betsy?
    I know as much you've been wanting it to be about Rogue, its pretty been confirmed that the "character that changes" forever is Psylocke. Anyone that still refuses to believe this is in major denial.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Is it confirmed the new caucasian body is Styx's? I thought nobody knew that yet.

I really hope that's not the case...she just needed to reclaim her original body back. Otherwise it's still morally weird.
    No one knows what body it is. But... Psylocke's original body was completely destroyed after the Sisterhood arc, where the revived Revanche. That was the end of Besty her body and I believe also Kwannon's soul. Not 100% sure on that soul part though.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 08-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================