Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

So long as she doesn't lose the warrior angle, I'm fine with it. I've always loved that Betsy used her psionic abilities in a melee fashion compared to others. It made her stand out, and I don't want her just standing in the background blasting people with psyco-blasts.

Also, LOVE that costume. Really well designed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Wasn't Mike Murdock an identity that Matt used in his Pre-Miller days to fool people or something? and now is turning in an actual character (feel free to correct me, my only expirience with Daredevil is the Smith/Quesada arc and the Roluette issue) quite different from Betsy.
    Yes, but for some reason Mike Murdock is a separate person now, without Matt. I guess ask Soule on that lol. Also, I don't know too much on Daredevil either, I'm on the same boat as you.

More info: Check the Solicts on Daredevil.

I completely bailed on this series when Bachalo had to exit due to his wife's passing. Color me surprised that they'd be willing to introduce such a major status quo change in a random event tie-in miniseries. I'm okay with the change, if nothing else because it'll -- hopefully -- incite more focus on Psylocke as the impending relaunch looms. The implications of taking an Asian character off the table, even if the circumstances which resulted in her being Asian are problematic AF, is messy territory, though.

I feel like that they'll go all in on this. She'll inevitably go back to being Asian if the MCU ever use Psylocke, but for at least the next few years, I think it'll stick.

LOL Some people here are on a whole new level of denial. Maybe it's not exactly what it looks like, but something is gonna happen, and it's gonna have to do with Psylocke. It's called "Spoiler Variant" after all, Psylocke(well, her hands) is the only one on the main cover, and Zub has been hyping this up for a while.

Ultimate Member

I'm on the side of thinking that it won't stick, and that she'll be back to her Asian looking self by the end of the series, just that maybe there's enough left of her when she goes back to the Asian body that the English body sticks around as an entirely new character...yeah the solits just say that one of the X-Men is changed...they don't name Betsy outright...and you'd think that if they were really going to change her back that they'd do more for the change than not even acknowledge it going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOL Some people here are on a whole new level of denial. Maybe it's not exactly what it looks like, but something is gonna happen, and it's gonna have to do with Psylocke. It's called "Spoiler Variant" after all, Psylocke(well, her hands) is the only one on the main cover, and Zub has been hyping this up for a while.
    Yes, something indeed may happen to Psylocke. But I am of the opinion that the "An X-Men's life will change forever" is something superette that applies to one of other 5 X-Gals.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
    I completely bailed on this series when Bachalo had to exit due to his wife's passing. Color me surprised that they'd be willing to introduce such a major status quo change in a random event tie-in miniseries. I'm okay with the change, if nothing else because it'll -- hopefully -- incite more focus on Psylocke as the impending relaunch looms. The implications of taking an Asian character off the table, even if the circumstances which resulted in her being Asian are problematic AF, is messy territory, though.

I feel like that they'll go all in on this. She'll inevitably go back to being Asian if the MCU ever use Psylocke, but for at least the next few years, I think it'll stick.
    They wouldn't have designed a new costume if it wasn't going to stick.

And the current X-Men film series already did a comic accurate Psylocke, so I'm pretty sure the MCU will want a different design for her. If they want an Asian member of the team, they can use Jubilee, Armor, or Sunfire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And the current X-Men film series already did a comic accurate Psylocke, so I'm pretty sure the MCU will want a different design for her. If they want an Asian member of the team, they can use Jubilee, Armor, or Sunfire.
    I doubt it. Psylocke's most recognizable appearance is the Jim Lee design. Feige and company won't pass up an opportunity to feature one of the most popular X-Men and bring in a person of color as well. Nobody knows who Armor or Sunfire are.

Why would they specify the X-Man that's gonna be changed forever? Wouldn't that kind of spoil the buildup they've been setting up for three issues now?

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple of Redd View Post
    It's a cover.
    Well it has to be a classified cover because it hasn't even shown up on the solicits. Plus, didn't you guys read #3?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Literally why?
    Literally why not?
    Last edited by Tycon; 07-28-2018 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Literally why not?
    What's the purpose in doing so?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

What's the purpose in doing so?
    Because there are people that still want Asian rep thru Betsy under unproblematic means. And there are people that want Betsy back in her OG body. You're literally appeasing everyone.

What could possibly be your problem with that?

Because there are people that still want Asian rep thru Betsy under unproblematic means. And there are people that want Betsy back in her OG body. You're literally appeasing everyone.

What could possibly be your problem with that?
    Because characters shouldn't have the immutable traits they are created with changed. IMO, letting Kwannon stick around as Revanche would be the best option. Keep them both in their original bodies.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

I've always thought that Betsy should be back in her body, and they can focus on Kwannon if they want to keep the ninja, but the previous situation was ridiculous and I can't believe it lasted as long as it did. In the MCU, I'd just go straight for Kwannon(who was originally Chinese) for the psychic ninja character(China is an important market, and the only other options aren't very good, Xorn(faceless villain or Magneto or something), Jubilee(completely Americanized), or Red Lotus(no powers and almost no story)), and they can introduce Elizabeth in the Captain Britain line if they ever get around to it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Because characters shouldn't have the immutable traits they are created with changed. IMO, letting Kwannon stick around as Revanche would be the best option. Keep them both in their original bodies.
    Even if those traits aren't essential to the character? In fact, more stories could play into what the Braddock family might have experienced as far as anti-Asian sentiment and/or xenophobia. How Brian was able to exist as a white-passing individual while her sister had to confront the discrimination that came with her race. Also, that retcon wouldn't get rid of Kwannon.

Marvel's here to tell stories and some of the best stories rn are being written because of huge, character-altering retcons. Just look at what Donny Cates is doing with Venom.

BANNED

i.
    This is just me, but her new look is very sexy. Of Course this is a Cover, but if this is true? I Love it on Psylocke.