Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The issue isn't even out. You jumped the whole armoury shop, Tycon.

I will admit, I prefer her Asian look overall but... not surprised this is gonna happen. If they plan on doing anything with Psylocke in say, the MCU, this is something that is gonna have to be addressed. My hope at least is that she keeps her warrior skills, and with that variant having Brit Betsy wielding Psi-Blades I am hopeful.

One plus would be that this is a hint that Psylocke will get more attention in the X-Books, which is always a good thing!

Scream if this is Sapphire Styx's body though. Not Betsy becoming the female Proteus.

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    I remember her gaining a shadow form when the Shadow King destroyed Psylocke's psychic form with new abilities because of the Crimson Dawn.

Well heroes gain and lose powers according to the will of the writers. For example Jeen won a pink form that the adult version never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    and she also recreated a body for herself after her original was killed off by a poison
    Jean's pink form was a result of her absorbing the ambient psychic energy from the people around her right? And that was how she got the power to recreate herself when she was Poisoned, she tapped into their psychic hivemind in order to get a huge boost of power.

Maybe Betsy is going to tap into the life energy that Sapphire Styx has absorbed from her victims, in order to create a new body for herself

Honestly, given just how many times that we've had the plot point of putting Betsy back into her original form one way or another, it's basically become another form of 'Uncle Ben is back, Captain Marvel has returned, etc.' She'd had so many opportunities in the past to return to her original form and chose to remain as is that how can they really make any sense of doing such a thing now. At this point, her current form is her iconic appearance that the majority of people who know of the character know her by. To change her to her original for would basically be throwing the baby out with the bathwater considering how ingrained into the character that appearance is, just like how they can never make Cable fully organic because his metallic arm and cybernetic eye are just too iconic. At this point, the best case scenario is either leave her as is, or have her form be a hybrid of both, taking features of both sides of her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Jean's pink form was a result of her absorbing the ambient psychic energy from the people around her right? And that was how she got the power to recreate herself when she was Poisoned, she tapped into their psychic hivemind in order to get a huge boost of power.

Maybe Betsy is going to tap into the life energy that Sapphire Styx has absorbed from her victims, in order to create a new body for herself
    Yeah, she connected to the Poison Queen, who's mind stretches across thousands of Hivemind soldiers. When you connect to the minds of hundreds of thousands of telepaths, Poison Thanos, and Poison Cable, you've definitely got enough energy to remake a body.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The issue isn't even out. You jumped the whole armoury shop, Tycon.
    Zub already set this up for three months now. Nothing revolutionary's gonna happen to Rogue or Ororo on that rocket.

Reverting her back would confuse more people than her current situation does. Asian Psylocke IS Psylocke, I understand the gripe with the backstory and people feeling it’s pseudo racist, but look at Storm with her blue eyes and Euro-straight hair, she hasn’t been changed because of the features not being African.

Cannot wait for the first real spoiler...

- Is nothing changing?
    - Does Betsy take over Styx body, for a minute or for live?
    - Or is that actually Kwannon taking over?
    - Liz in Asian body, or British one?
    - Return of Revanche?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    Reverting her back would confuse more people than her current situation does. Asian Psylocke IS Psylocke, I understand the gripe with the backstory and people feeling it’s pseudo racist, but look at Storm with her blue eyes and Euro-straight hair, she hasn’t been changed because of the features not being African.
    You know there are Africans with straight hair & blue eyes right?

Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-01-2018 at 04:53 AM.

BANNED

It isn't like Psylocke is pretending to be Asian. She IS Asian and putting her back into a white body just means more white people and less diversity. It'd make more sense if they merged the two. I don't get why there's a need for Psylocke after 30 some years.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It isn't like Psylocke is pretending to be Asian. She IS Asian and putting her back into a white body just means more white people and less diversity. It'd make more sense if they merged the two. I don't get why there's a need for Psylocke after 30 some years.
    Which is honestly what they did. Originally she was a British woman that was magically given Chinese features. After the retcon, she was a British woman that had her mind, body, and powers merged with a Japanese woman. They tried to correct it by making her a British woman once again in mind, gave her back her original level of power, and even though the body was Kwannon's, it was still an amalgamation of the two.

Storm wasn’t turned Black so she could become a really good rapper, Betsy *was* turned Asian so she could become a ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    They already merged the two back in the 90s. That was Nicieza's take when he resolved his Kwannon plotline. Marvel should double down on that instead of trotting out a second body every decade

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Storm wasn’t turned Black so she could become a really good rapper, Betsy *was* turned Asian so she could become a ninja.
    I can definitely see your perspective. Makes me feel a little bad that one of my favorite cheesy childhood movies was Ninja III: The Domination, where this 80s bombshell beauty gets possessed by a dead, male Japanese assassin hellbent on revenge on those who killed him. Whenever he would take her over, they'd do her make-up in a way that she looked kinda Asian in appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Except it's more complicated than just saying she became a ninja because she's in an Asian body. She became a blend of herself and Kwannon and one doesn't essentially meld with another without taking some traits of the one they melded with. Just look at Doc Ock currently; he's still Otto mentally but he's influenced by the memories that he has from Peter. And even outside of that, it's not like being a ninja is strictly an Asian thing as shown by characters like Daredevil, Elekra and Stick, none of whom are Asian.