Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Did Marvel abandon all the Characters it created for the 50 States Initiative?

I haven’t read anything about them in the longest time ...

Cloud 9, Trauma, and Reptile had non-speaking cameos in Bendis' last issue of Iron Man a few months ago.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Spectacular Member

Ah, WallPaper! Sigh...

They're most likely stuck in wallpaper limbo
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Cloud 9, Trauma, and Reptile had non-speaking cameos in Bendis' last issue of Iron Man a few months ago.
    Reptil alive!, or did I read that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Reptil alive!, or did I read that wrong?
    I typed Reptil, but got autocorrected. Yeah.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

pretty much, and the same can be said of the John Byrne "Lost Era" characters from that mini-series he drew.

Incredible Member

I'm not certain since i didn't actually read the issue but i believe a couple of the initiative characters showed up for a page or two of either the next to last or final issue of the Bendis Iron Man run. Gauntlet also just made an appearance in the second issue of Dan Slott's Iron Man book.

Apart from the stuff i mentioned the vast majority of the initiative have received little to no exposure which is a shame.

Yeah, that was in Iron Man 600. Ironheart and Miles Morales get invited to join a new version of SHIELD. Cloud 9, Trauma, Reptil, and Striker are already there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, that was in Iron Man 600. Ironheart and Miles Morales get invited to join a new version of SHIELD. Cloud 9, Trauma, Reptil, and Striker are already there.
    Did any of them join?

they should be used as villains or, at least, antagonists (maybe Roxxon's hired security or something like that)

Gauntlet works for Sunset Bain in the newest issue of Tony Stark: Iron Man.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I wish the characters from The Order would have gotten picked up. I really liked that book.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wish the characters from The Order would have gotten picked up. I really liked that book.
    Me too. I loved The Order. It was so well written by Fraction. They just fit together and the characters were really thought out and relatable. The leader was Tony's AA sponsor.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 08-14-2018 at 11:14 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    pretty much, and the same can be said of the John Byrne "Lost Era" characters from that mini-series he drew.
    Didn't they all die fighting the Skrulls? (Yeti survived, but if I recall, he's also dead.)

Sandy Hausler